HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Dec 11, 2011, 9:37 PM
Website Manager

BETA: Toronto Projects & Construction

By doing some special configurations to the forum I have been able to put together a list of all of the Toronto threads from the Projects & Construction section of the forum so that they appear as though they are all together in their own section.

Here's the link - http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/tags.php?tag=toronto

I have set up this configuration to avoid the problem of having a duplication of threads in both the main Projects & Construction sections and the new Toronto section.  Now all Toronto threads from the Projects & Construction sections will be available together for easy viewing.

What do you guys think?

More work is needed to improve several aspects of the system, such as:
- Currently there is no indication of the status (proposed or U/C) of a project and no way to separate the the list to view threads of just one status.
- Navigation back to the main Toronto section is difficult once navigating into the Projects & Constuction threads.
- New threads created won't display in the list until I get around to adding them.

So I'm calling this a beta system until the points above are dealt with, but what is in place now is a good start.

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Dec 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2011, 10:12 PM
gettin' rich!

Wow Dylan!

That's amazing, That will help alot with getting this Toronto thread going. I'm trying to limit my posts in the Canada section, but this Toronto thread seems to be dying a slow death. This feature should help stave off the inevitable, and maybe even get this sub-forum a wee bit busier. Bonus I will only have to post my updates once, instead of three times.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 7:23 PM

Awesome. I think we weed to increase Traffic to the Toronto forum as well.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 6:34 PM

So just for clarification there will only be one thread which is linked to by any number of links in certain areas of the site?

If so that sounds great!

One thing we should be cautious about though is linking every thread, as the highrise construction thread may become bogged down with 15 storey buildings that people from outside any given city don't really care about.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 8:59 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
...there will only be one thread which is linked to by any number of links in certain areas of the site?
Yes

I realize this could potentially overwhelm the P&C sections with Toronto threads (although they already were to some degree) and so am looking at a similar setup for other cities.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 10:58 PM

Scarborough?

Is there a thread for Scarborough or Scarborough Centre, or is it lost somewhere within the Toronto thread?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto