HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 4, 2010, 7:02 AM
Meh

2009 San Antonio Murders total

As some of you may know, I keep track of the murder totals for San Antonio for the city, county and metro. The source of the information is the San Antonio Express-News, and local tv stations. Other data comes from the City of San Antonio and the US Census Bureau.

San Antonio had a total of 96 murders this year, which is 20 fewer than it had last year.

The quietest month was October, with 6 murders. The most violent month was a tie between May and July with 11 each.

The quietest day was Monday, with 7 murders happening on Mondays, and the most violent was Sunday, with 21 murders happening on Sundays.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 6:34 PM

There are actually 98 official capital murders in the stat book for the city of San Antonio. Of course, some of these could change based on charges and convictions over time.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 4:37 AM
Meh

Yeah, I try to keep track going by news reports in San Antonio, but some murders don't get reported and some are confirmed later on and at that point aren't reported.

By the way, some of the pinpoints you see that are far out from the city are inside of Bexar County. This year I plan on adding city, county and metro pinpoints for San Antonio. Of course I'll still break it down county by county to show how many crimes are happening inside and outside the city limits.

Thou shall not indict

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio