HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 2:24 PM

That's where Doug Ford got the idea for his $1 beer promise.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 2:57 AM

alamasonryandcontractinginc Finally some brick going up at the Osborne/Stradbrook facade renewal project for @0812buildingsolutions . Gonna look great when it’s done!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpG_GuY View Post
Finally some brick going up at the Osborne/Stradbrook facade renewal project for @0812buildingsolutions . Gonna look great when it’s done!
Great to see. Nice to see 0812 involved --they did Fools & Horses and I suspect whatever they're up to with this plaza will be done well (although still saddened that they're keeping that awful parking lot...)

Looks like there's a bit of other action in the village -- renos appear to be underway at TD and Desart (117 Osborne) has a LEASED sign up in the window now.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 5:18 AM

The mix of old and new brick looks a little.. odd.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
The mix of old and new brick looks a little.. odd.
This is the plan. Not very high res but it looks like the sections where they're keeping the old brick will have some sort of siding:

About that fucking parking lot, though. The thing that frustrates me is, you could create a pedestrian walkway that would connect the laneway right to Stradbrook, and it would take out maybe two parking spots. Even if they're going to keep that strip-mall parking lot, they could make it actually connect to the street instead of surrounding the whole lot with a fence. Safer, too, since it would give pedestrians dedicated access they don't have to share with a curb cut from the street.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 4:05 PM

I agree the parking is bad, but the BIZ likely has no recourse as it was parking under the patio before – they technically never removed it. Also there is still the big opening on Osborne.

I really wish they would have just torn it down and built something much better, that they could make more money off of, close to the street. But hey it's not my money and it's already there.

I would LOVE to see them build a small building right at the street corner, and then the remaining L-shaped space would be pedestrian-only and could be used for cafe/patio seating. I know someone shot down that idea before on here saying there's no room, but there definitely is. Something about the size of the eyeglass store (it was 2 units combined) could fit there with ample walking/seating room. Then the current car passageway isn't needed, and it connects with the (shitty) walkway between TD and Green Carrot. Because Pizza Heaven is taking over TD, I'd be all for them using part of that walkway as a patio. They have quite a bit of parking in the back already.

Check out the space: https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.87808.../data=!3m1!1e3.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 10:42 PM
surely you agree with me

Do we know for sure the restaurant and patio are being punted?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 10:48 PM

I believe someone on here said that they saw the space being marketed somewhere. Also, they put the business up for sale last year (can still see it up online) and it never sold. I know people involved – it's not making much money. They'd probably be happy to get let out of their lease.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I believe someone on here said that they saw the space being marketed somewhere. Also, they put the business up for sale last year (can still see it up online) and it never sold. I know people involved – it's not making much money. They'd probably be happy to get let out of their lease.
Listing for the business when it was for sale says their lease expires July 14, 2018, and that they have one 4-year option to renew. I suspect they'll be out. I hope they keep the patio. Hate to see the village lose a patio to get a handful of parking spots.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan