HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 6:31 PM

Construction is finally starting on the restaurant in tower 3. Workers said it will be called 20ten. (The address)

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Boi View Post
Construction is finally starting on the restaurant in tower 3. Workers said it will be called 20ten. (The address)
In other restaurant news, construction of the new place in tower 2 will also be starting soon, it will be an authentic Italian Pizza joint (Famoso).

http://www.famoso.ca/

And the Lobby Public House (At Cantebury Gardens) opened this week, haven't been yet but is on my list!

https://www.facebook.com/thelobbypublichouse

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 7:20 PM

I like the idea that more pubs are starting to pop up in the core area. It's something that certainly brings life to Saskatoon's downtown in the evenings. Hopefully they stick around!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
There is also all the land the city bought from the RM of Sherwood , it's almost surreal what's happening in the Queen City , maybe a new ATL hotel will grace downtown
The City did not buy the land from the RM. They annexed it into the City's boundaries.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 4:01 PM

e

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 12, 2014 at 7:10 PM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 7:28 PM
Regina SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
In other restaurant news, construction of the new place in tower 2 will also be starting soon, it will be an authentic Italian Pizza joint (Famoso).

http://www.famoso.ca/

And the Lobby Public House (At Cantebury Gardens) opened this week, haven't been yet but is on my list!

https://www.facebook.com/thelobbypublichouse
Nice. Famoso is really good in my opinion.

I'm curious to see a few of the places next time I'm in town.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 4:06 AM

From a reliable source: Sears won't be closing its Regina Cornwall Centre store anytime soon. It's actually one of its higher profit stores in Canada, and Sear's will be slowly renovating their stores across the country .

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 5:07 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
From a reliable source: Sears won't be closing its Regina Cornwall Centre store anytime soon. It's actually one of its higher profit stores in Canada, and Sear's will be slowly renovating their stores across the country .
Both Sears and the Bay in the Cornwall need major renos (though apparently the Bay has already done a bit of one, i.e. some painting). Both look worse than the new Walmarts; it's pathetic.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 10:48 AM

When a new thread is started, it is nice to have a link posted. Not all of us know how to search or navigate this site!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 2:56 PM

I could not agree more. The last post on RC II is something completely unintelligible.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=186415

It should have a link to this new thread, but now RC II is locked.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Just a bit of speculation on my part as I have no source but the Table Ten Restaurant appears to be no more and a new place called Shannon's Pub and Grill is going in their place on Robinson. That much seems to be fact.They recently applied for the liquor lic. Now for the speculation - I wonder if the people who ran Table Ten are moving their operation to the Harvard site Table Ten - 20Ten . Plausible? Or just my mind going in a funny direction?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborider View Post
Just a bit of speculation on my part as I have no source but the Table Ten Restaurant appears to be no more and a new place called Shannon's Pub and Grill is going in their place on Robinson. That much seems to be fact.They recently applied for the liquor lic. Now for the speculation - I wonder if the people who ran Table Ten are moving their operation to the Harvard site Table Ten - 20Ten . Plausible? Or just my mind going in a funny direction?
Table 10 website says they're relocating. I peeked at their Facebook page and a comment Apr 5 said they hadn't found a new location yet. A comment Apr 7 said that the new location would be announced when they have all the details so not totally sure what that means. Wherever they open, I hope it's soon. I miss their brunch!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner2008 View Post
When a new thread is started, it is nice to have a link posted. Not all of us know how to search or navigate this site!
The monitor did that who knows why I believe he made a mistake hopefully he will he this and change ,this it makes no sense what was the reasoning for doing this ?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
The monitor did that who knows why I believe he made a mistake hopefully he will he this and change ,this it makes no sense what was the reasoning for doing this ?
Not to be overly critical fourthtower, but please proof read your posts before sending. The grammar and spelling is sometimes atrocious, to the point of not making any sense.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborider View Post
Not to be overly critical fourthtower, but please proof read your posts before sending. The grammar and spelling is sometimes atrocious, to the point of not making any sense.
I'll second that. 'fourthtower,' your punctuation is something to be desired as well. Examples? Ok:

A comma is always used to separate a non-independent clause from an independent clause within a sentence. Commas immediately follow the preceding [last] word of the non-independent clause. (Meaning: no spacebar between the aforementioned [last] word and comma - and not - the other way around);

semi-colons always separate two independent clauses within a sentence; or, for a series of independent clauses/non-independent clauses which carry the same weight. (The latter is always introduced by a colon.);

colons are used for introductory purposes, such as: in a formal document; or, a series independent and non-independent clauses. If there is to be introduced more than one independent clause/non-independent clause, then the first letter, of the first word, within the first clause, is always upper-case. (If there is to be only one clause introduced, then the first letter is hence, lower case.)

Along with the explanation above, please "read between the lines" as well.

I hope this helps.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Table 10 website says they're relocating. I peeked at their Facebook page and a comment Apr 5 said they hadn't found a new location yet. A comment Apr 7 said that the new location would be announced when they have all the details so not totally sure what that means. Wherever they open, I hope it's soon. I miss their brunch!
Makes sense. They would be prefect for that space. I hope they keep the small bar concept. I love the narrow/deep urban resto-bar configuration.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 9:37 PM

A great little blog article about turning the Travellers Building into the farmers market. They also created a rendering, showing what it could look like.
http://www.openprojects.ca/2014/04/1...armers-market/

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
A great little blog article about turning the Travellers Building into the farmers market. They also created a rendering, showing what it could look like.
http://www.openprojects.ca/2014/04/1...armers-market/
Cool idea. Two concerns. Where would the money come from. and it would be preferable to have outside expansion space for the busy summer/fall.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 11:50 PM

20ten in Tower III

Instagram account for 20ten in Tower III

http://instagram.com/20teneatery

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Cool idea. Two concerns. Where would the money come from. and it would be preferable to have outside expansion space for the busy summer/fall.
The idea for the Traveller's building is very intriguing. Not sure where the money would come from but probably well worthwhile in terms of the public good. It got me thinking about the comment regarding outdoor space. So, another good option might be to convert the building (not sure of it's name) where the Novia Diner and Canadiana Barbers used to be. This fronts right onto the present location of the summer market so it would be a natural flow and provide the outdoor space in the summer months. I recognize that Harvard may not see it this way but, hey, one can always dream.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan