HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
lol!
I remember back when STV changed to Global they had these advertisements running saying things like "On May 5th, STV is going Global!" Out of context, the first time I heard it I thought "wait, STV is launching a worldwide channel? Why?" Haha.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Makes sense. They would be prefect for that space. I hope they keep the small bar concept. I love the narrow/deep urban resto-bar configuration.
None of the Table 10 folks are involved in 20Ten City Eatery.
http://Twitter.com/20TenEatery

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 2:20 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker58 View Post
Windows on those floors could have been better but overall I like the building. I hope it has some street level retail but it is a nice four storey building that will bring more people downtown and is a lot better than the empty lot of weeds that was previously there.
Better than an empty lot is a pretty low standard.

It's a pretty terrible building. It should have been taller. It should have been better designed (ugly colors, random "design" elements, unnecessary curves) It should have had way more and larger windows. It should have had (and the city should have mandated) street level retail.

The bottom two floors are simply offices. No retail whatsoever.

Last edited by BrutallyDishonest; Apr 20, 2014 at 4:24 AM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 2:43 AM
Regina SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest View Post

It's a pretty terrible building. It's should have been taller. It should have been better designed (ugly colors, random "design" elements, unnecessary curves) It should have had way more and larger windows. It should have had (and the city should have mandated) street level retail.

My thoughts are similar as it's pretty terrible. Quality over quantity.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
None of the Table 10 folks are involved in 20Ten City Eatery.
http://Twitter.com/20TenEatery
20Ten City Eatery is changing the face of dining downtown. With exceptional cuisine and valet parking 20Ten will be more than an address it will be a destination.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
20Ten City Eatery is changing the face of dining downtown. With exceptional cuisine and valet parking 20Ten will be more than an address it will be a destination.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 5:23 PM

The idea of valet parking is really exciting, and for a car dependant city this is good to hear. Especially in downtown where parking is a nightmare, it will be a little less of a hassle for customers.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest View Post

It's a pretty terrible building. It should have been taller. It should have been better designed (ugly colors, random "design" elements, unnecessary curves) It should have had way more and larger windows. It should have had (and the city should have mandated) street level retail.

They definitely downgraded the windows in the final design. You can see the original at this first link. Also it appears that there are actually 2 retail units on the main floor. Just the corner is offices. See second link.

http://www.leasebusters.com/realesta...t%20Street.pdf

https://www.collierscanada.com/servi...61054f43f99ada

Last edited by Stormer; Apr 20, 2014 at 7:37 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 7:25 PM
Regina SK

"The City of Regina's Transportation Master Plan (TMP) has been in-progress since launching in May 2012 and has been developed closely with Design Regina, the new Official Community Plan. The TMP will be a comprehensive, multi-modal transportation policy and planning document that will shape Regina’s transportation system for the next 30 years in order to support the mobility needs of its residents, businesses, and visitors.

As a subscriber to the Design Regina Newsletter, we would like to let you know of the upcoming final TMP Public Open House:

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
11 a.m. - 6 p.m. at the Cornwall Centre, 2102 11th Avenue
The open house is intended to present the draft final policies and goals as well as draft final networks for roads, transit, and cycling. Opportunities for online feedback on the draft goals and networks will be available on DesignRegina.ca.in addition to the comment sheets available at the open houses.

For more information please visit DesignRegina.ca or call 306-777-7000."

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 8:26 PM

Regina is now fully 3D rendered in Google Earth!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
"The City of Regina's Transportation Master Plan (TMP) has been in-progress since launching in May 2012 and has been developed closely with Design Regina, the new Official Community Plan. The TMP will be a comprehensive, multi-modal transportation policy and planning document that will shape Regina’s transportation system for the next 30 years in order to support the mobility needs of its residents, businesses, and visitors.

As a subscriber to the Design Regina Newsletter, we would like to let you know of the upcoming final TMP Public Open House:

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
11 a.m. - 6 p.m. at the Cornwall Centre, 2102 11th Avenue
The open house is intended to present the draft final policies and goals as well as draft final networks for roads, transit, and cycling. Opportunities for online feedback on the draft goals and networks will be available on DesignRegina.ca.in addition to the comment sheets available at the open houses.

For more information please visit DesignRegina.ca or call 306-777-7000."
The plan: Lots of buses, and we'll keep moving around the routes making people angry.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 12:06 PM

New development in Harbour Landing

Any one knows what will be the new development started in Harbour Landing, Regina just north and west of Gordon Road / Harbour Landing Drive? Looks like a good size retail or grocery but not sure. Thanks

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveregina View Post
Any one knows what will be the new development started in Harbour Landing, Regina just north and west of Gordon Road / Harbour Landing Drive? Looks like a good size retail or grocery but not sure. Thanks
I didn't know anything had started there, suppose i haven't been into Harbour Landing in a while; yes if anyone has the scoop that'd be great!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Regina is now fully 3D rendered in Google Earth!
YAY! I expect Saskatoon to be soon.

Last edited by North_Regina_Boy; Apr 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveregina View Post
Do you really mean NW of that intersection? That is outside the Grasslands footprint. That would be Kitty Corner from Cabellas

Last edited by Stormer; Apr 21, 2014 at 6:01 PM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 5:28 PM

I think that's residential.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 6:34 PM

Nothing too exciting in this weeks RPC agenda, except that Enbridge is tearing down a 50,000 barrel oil tank at Winnipeg and the Ring Road and replacing it with a 250,000 barrel tank.

If it cracked, the Co-op Home Centre would be flattened with an oil tsunami!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 7:01 PM
Saskatchewan pride

Quote:
Nothing too exciting in this weeks RPC agenda, except that Enbridge is tearing down a 50,000 barrel oil tank at Winnipeg and the Ring Road and replacing it with a 250,000 barrel tank.

If it cracked, the Co-op Home Centre would be flattened with an oil tsunami!
I'm wondering if the berms built around them are required to be high enough to withhold all the contents? I would sure hope so!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I'm wondering if the berms built around them are required to be high enough to withhold all the contents? I would sure hope so!
Yes there is something in the approval about berms , but I believe berms have been overtopped in a catastrophic failure elsewhere. Obviously this would be extremely rare.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Do you really mean NW of that intersection? That is outside the Grasslands footprint. That would be Kitty Corner from Cabellas
Yes, the area been dugged in and pillars are up already NW of the Gordon/HL Drive intersection just south of the white fence of those town houses next to the Groom park/soccer field. May be it's another condo like Fontain Blue, just curious!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan