HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 10:13 PM
Kodachrome

It's BIG but it's not very inspiring or interesting to me. Vertical lines could have helped?
Maybe in person it's more memorable? Others like 111 West 57th Street and 53W53
seemed to pay more attention to detail.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 11:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
I like how it looks both contemporary and like it has been there forever. It fits perfectly.
I think that sums it up. It blends into the skyline like a piece that was always missing, but yet was always there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6-qa26nW-G/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6_k0ObH7AY/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6_hLA9CZAA/

Blueline Trigger photos

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 7, 2020 at 12:03 AM.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 3:46 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:44 PM

Been a good month or so since they last installed any new glass I had planned to visit NY in November but now I wanna time it to the opening of Edge! Hopefully by then, the crown on this building will be finished!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 3:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 10, 2020 at 4:15 AM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2020, 1:13 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 4:16 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 1:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 6:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 1:52 AM

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 2:39 AM
New Yorker for life

JANUARY 14, 2020

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 2:33 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i am so impressed by the base of this. it was a very complicated site and i cant wait to see inside when its done. the huge restaurant and station access inside and outside the slick, angled nod to grand central. i have high expectations as it seems to be damn near perfect.

the tile facade ornament aint bad either. looks great.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 10:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
i am so impressed by the base of this. it was a very complicated site and i cant wait to see inside when its done. the huge restaurant and station access inside and outside the slick, angled nod to grand central. i have high expectations as it seems to be damn near perfect.

the tile facade ornament aint bad either. looks great.
It’s looking good. I’m wondering if the glass overhang over Madison for the observation deck will be more 30 Hudson or Sears Tower.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 12:36 AM

Right now in photos the street level looks rather gloomy. No lighting and no life. I look forward to the true reality of the future lights and bodies moving about. The interior, I am assuming from the exterior will be elegant. The big nod toward Grand Central is very....grand as mentioned above. I love it.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 1:30 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
Right now in photos the street level looks rather gloomy. No lighting and no life. I look forward to the true reality of the future lights and bodies moving about. The interior, I am assuming from the exterior will be elegant. The big nod toward Grand Central is very....grand as mentioned above. I love it.
The building is under construction, what exactly are you hoping to see?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 1:57 AM

nyguy, if photography is not your day job, quit whatever else you're doing, and make it your day job. those photos from a distance with the statue of liberty in the foreground the sunlight are breathtaking.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 3:10 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitmetro101 View Post
nyguy, if photography is not your day job, quit whatever else you're doing, and make it your day job. those photos from a distance with the statue of liberty in the foreground the sunlight are breathtaking.
Those photos are from professional photographer Gary Hershorn.

A look back at some renderings of the base of this tower...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7WpcwUgJq7/

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 16, 2020 at 3:38 AM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 1:29 PM

Thanks NYguy. I was hoping someone would find the renderings and post them again. When finished this tower will definitely have a great presence at street level. It will be stunning.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 4:05 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
Thanks NYguy. I was hoping someone would find the renderings and post them again. When finished this tower will definitely have a great presence at street level. It will be stunning.
The building is supposed to start opening later this year. Street level spaces may take a little longer, but visually it should become more clear.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 4:08 AM
New Yorker for life

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive