HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 4, 2011, 8:50 PM
BANNED

As Much as hated as donald trump is, he wanted to built trump towers in new orleans to rebuild the respect of this city after the horrible hurricane katrina, I Mean it's sad it's not being built, but hopefully someday, trump will build this high rise condo here

Old Posted Sep 4, 2011, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperfan23 View Post
As Much as hated as donald trump is, he wanted to built trump towers in new orleans to rebuild the respect of this city after the horrible hurricane katrina, I Mean it's sad it's not being built, but hopefully someday, trump will build this high rise condo here

Trump had nothing to do with the tower outside of letting naming rights and promotion.

Last edited by Uptowner; Sep 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2011, 9:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Trump had nothing to do with the tower outside of letting naming rights and promotion.
At Least give him credit though, because trump towers was a positive step for new orleans after that mess.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2011, 9:55 PM

Quote:
At Least give him credit though, because trump towers was a positive step for new orleans after that mess.
I don't give him, or the other investors, credit for anything. They announced the project right before Katrina - when it was more profitable. Then after the storm, they spent the next 4 years slowly backing out, hoping people would forget, and they let the project quietly die, rather than building anything at all.

You can thank them for not investing in our city, when it needed it the most.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2011, 11:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
I don't give him, or the other investors, credit for anything. They announced the project right before Katrina - when it was more profitable. Then after the storm, they spent the next 4 years slowly backing out, hoping people would forget, and they let the project quietly die, rather than building anything at all.

You can thank them for not investing in our city, when it needed it the most.
I Don't agree with you.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Another rendering of the new OPP
Can't figure out the orientation on this rendering. Which side is facing I-10?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I don't understand, what did they do that was so positive?

They contributed nothing to the city post-Katrina. They backed out of the project in secret, until it died. The only notice the city received of the project being dead was the land being auctioned off to a 3rd party.

If anything, they were a huge negative for the city. They held a large empty lot in the CBD out of commerce for over 6 years, and then cancelling the project was a big show of no confidence in the New Orleans real estate market.

Fortunately, no other developers banked on the tower ever being built, because they were too smart to know it would never happen.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
Can't figure out the orientation on this rendering. Which side is facing I-10?
If I'm not mistaken, I-10 will run along the left side of the rendering where the wall is. The main entrance fronts South White.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 4:41 AM

Quote:
I Don't agree with you.
You should. Nothing good came from those years of hope.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 3:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:

They contributed nothing to the city post-Katrina. They backed out of the project in secret, until it died. The only notice the city received of the project being dead was the land being auctioned off to a 3rd party.

If anything, they were a huge negative for the city. They held a large empty lot in the CBD out of commerce for over 6 years, and then cancelling the project was a big show of no confidence in the New Orleans real estate market.

Fortunately, no other developers banked on the tower ever being built, because they were too smart to know it would never happen.
They have a positive effect on the city, they wanted new orleans to be bigger and more futuristic.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 4:36 PM

Quote:

Agreed 100%!

Quote:
They have a positive effect on the city, they wanted new orleans to be bigger and more futuristic.
Blitzen hit it dead on...What part of what Blitzen says shows that they wanted NOLA to be bigger and more futuristic?? Sure the original design and intents wanted just that, but as soon as Katrina struck (a day after the project was announced, I believe) they backed out -- how is that a positive effect on the city?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 5:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpatel View Post
Agreed 100%!

Blitzen hit it dead on...What part of what Blitzen says shows that they wanted NOLA to be bigger and more futuristic?? Sure the original design and intents wanted just that, but as soon as Katrina struck (a day after the project was announced, I believe) they backed out -- how is that a positive effect on the city?
They wanted new orleans to be in the 21st century with futuristic miami style look to it instead of the past.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 8:12 PM

And that is why you live in Florida and we live in New Orleans.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 9:10 PM

Quote:
A skyscraper isn't going to make a city bigger.

Futuristic? Modern maybe, its rather impossible to predict the architectural practices of the future.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2011, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie himself View Post
A skyscraper isn't going to make a city bigger.

Futuristic? Modern maybe, its rather impossible to predict the architectural practices of the future.
It would make it maybe 500 residents bigger, but the fact that IT WASN'T BUILT means that it didn't accomplish anything 23 is claiming, though why he thinks we want to be Miami is beyond me. It's a virtual copy of Trump in Chicago, albeit on a smaller scale.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2011, 3:25 AM
on the south side

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
First photo I took in Louisiana since I moved here and I plan on taking many many more! Sorry to have an off topic post but I cant wait to explore this state and NOLA.
Hey photolith; I've followed and viewing your "diaries" and postings for quiet a long time. While I'm in Austin, I keep up with my home state very closely. I'll be interested to hear and see your take on everything outside of Nola.

Also with you now in Lafayette, I don't think I've seen any pics of River Ranch on here.

Peace and laissez les bons temps rouler!

Old Posted Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 PM

University Medical Center plan to be unveiled this week

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...nter_plan.html

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 12:17 AM

Twin spans commuters are thrilled that new bridges' 3 lanes will be open soon

When crews finish major construction on the largest public works project in Louisiana history early on Friday, there will be a total of six lanes of traffic carrying motorists off Interstate 10's twin spans over Lake Pontchartrain for the first time ever.

Veteran users hope a shorter, more predictable trek awaits them after the new, higher and wider version of the bridge connecting New Orleans and St. Tammany Parish is fully operational, in a sense officially replacing the old, shorter and slimmer structure ruined by Hurricane Katrina's storm surge in 2005.

LINK

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpatel View Post
When crews finish major construction on the largest public works project in Louisiana history early on Friday, there will be a total of six lanes of traffic carrying motorists off Interstate 10's twin spans over Lake Pontchartrain for the first time ever.

Veteran users hope a shorter, more predictable trek awaits them after the new, higher and wider version of the bridge connecting New Orleans and St. Tammany Parish is fully operational, in a sense officially replacing the old, shorter and slimmer structure ruined by Hurricane Katrina's storm surge in 2005.

LINK

It will be interesting to see the results of the "build it and they will come" theory regarding this bridge.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2011, 2:43 AM

Can you explain this theory?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations