HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Where should Regina's Skaeboard Park be placed ?
Wascana Park 2 15.38%
Les Sherman Park 5 38.46%
Both, screw the NIMBYs 3 23.08%
Neither, screw the skaters 1 7.69%
Huh ? 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 7:56 AM
BANNED

Regina: Skateboard Park

With the pending law suit over the location of a new skateboard plaza in Regina, where do you think it should go and your thoughts on the entire episode ?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 8:01 AM
Canadian Urbanite

I think it is a good project, but the location seems a little odd to me. That parcel of land could use some landscaping, but it doesn't make sense to put a skateboard park that close to the water's edge. Especially on that side of the lake.

I think Les Sherman would be a better spot. I don't spend a lot of time if any in Les Sherman, so I'm not sure how busy it gets. Perhaps a Skateboard park would be good for the area.

If they are so intent on putting it in Wascana Park, there was a letter to the LP today that suggested putting it next to the Conexus Art Centre. I think that would be a much better location as well.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 5:18 PM
BANNED

The main problem with Les Sherman was the Mayor's friends were on the anti-Les Sherman group. Les Sherman was the site until Fiacco publicly stated, " That Les Sherman is not on ..."
Otherwise, Wascana never would have happened. I am at the point that any new skatepark in the south end would be welcome, even beside a bird sanctuary built during the big dig for how may million ?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 7:39 PM

I thought Les sherman Park was the ideal location, but the stupid NIMBYS put an end to that plan

I don't have a problem with the Wascana Park location tho, as long as they make use of landscaping to buffer the sight of all that concrete

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan