HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 11:24 PM

Scottk... Superbly stated. I can't profess to having the same depth of appreciation but I certainly agree with the sentiment.
Quote:
"Too many Mexicans."
Yeah, that happens down here in Phoenix relative to the once nationally regarded Encanto Amusement Park. At least the City of Phoenix owns it, it has an historical designation and is maintained to a degree. Like Elitch Gardens my 6 year old daughter experienced both one summer.

It would be nice if somebody like the Kroenke's would get involved in wanting to preserve it. Son Josh is now President of the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets and Colorado Rapids soccer team and lives in Denver. His only sibling is a sister, Whitney, who's a creative type living in L.A. I bet she'd love to spearhead such a project and it would be a nice way of getting her involved in a piece of the family business.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2016, 7:35 AM

It's Open
Courtesy HYATT REGENCY AURORA-DENVER CONFERENCE CENTER
"Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center Celebrates Grand Opening"
April 5. 2016 CHICAGO--BUSINESS WIRE
Quote:
Located in Denver’s rapidly developing neighboring city of Aurora, the hotel serves the adjacent University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, a hub for medical research and development, meeting the demand for accommodations, dining and meeting space. Additionally, the hotel’s proximity to Denver International Airport and the new Regional Transportation District (RTD) Light Rail line creates a central meeting location for both local and traveling conference attendees.
With respect to the conference center:
Quote:
Offering unprecedented meeting and event space, customers have access to more than 36,000 square feet to plan for their needs. Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center offers 15 meeting rooms, including 20,000 square feet of traditional meeting space, an 11,750 square foot Grand Ballroom and 8,100 square feet of meeting space that holds the elite accreditation from the International Association of Conference Centers (IACC). Approximately 4,000 square feet of outdoor terrace space is also available. Additionally, the hotel provides among the best catering services available in the metropolitan area, boasting an experienced staff equipped with the knowledge to provide exceptional quality and incredible service for any size or type of event.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2016, 2:25 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
SLV UPDATES: Alamosa is getting an IHOP. They're pouring the foundation in January. So....

Regardless, I hear people in Pueblo are worried. They view Alamosa as a threat.

THE IHOP HAS TOPPED OUT! alamosainfill.com

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 8:17 AM

Photo credit: Joshua Polson/jpolson@greeleytri | The Greeley Tribune
"Greeley leaders dig into first dirt on hotel, convention center project"
April 12, 2016 by Catherine Sweeney - The Greeley Tribune
Quote:
Greeley Mayor Tom Norton... found a study the Downtown Development Authority commissioned in 1998. That was the first official inkling anyone had about a plan to build a hotel and convention center downtown.

Leaders — public and private — have worked to bring the facility to Greeley for almost 20 years, and now it will be done in a little more than one. It will be a Double Tree by Hilton Hotels, and it will feature 147 rooms. The conference center will span 14,000 square feet, including a 12,000-square-foot ballroom.
Video Link

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 3:00 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Is this the first notably-sized new building in downtown Greeley in recent memory? I don't recall anyone ever mentioning Greeley here for years.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 3:10 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Would've been great if they could've done that before Loveland did a similar complex at US 34 and I-25, which is always going to out-draw this one. Of course, it's only one ballroom. Between Weld County and UNC, they should be able to fill that with some regularity. (Weld County offices are a bit far away, but still workable.)

Anyways, yes, this is the first new development in downtown Greeley... well, ever, as far as I know. Only reason I ever go to downtown Greeley is for court.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
it's only one ballroom. Between Weld County and UNC, they should be able to fill that with some regularity.
147 rooms is smaller than an I-25 Fairfield Inn. You can fill that with local high school proms and fire department pancake dinners.

Quote:
Anyways, yes, this is the first new development in downtown Greeley... well, ever, as far as I know.
Since whatever 1982 boom produced these 2 beauties, anyway.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Is this the first notably-sized new building in downtown Greeley in recent memory? I don't recall anyone ever mentioning Greeley here for years.
Greeley breaks ground on biggest project in 25 years
http://www.9news.com/money/business/...ears/131157398

Yup, first in a LONG time.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 4:30 PM

Just looked it up on google maps. This is a really prominent lot. Maybe the most prominent lot in Greeley. It faces the main downtown square, and replaces a surface parking lot.

In Greeley terms, it looks like the best location for a new building you could possibly ask for. It'll have an out-sized impact. The whole city will look and feel better.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Only reason I ever go to downtown Greeley is for court.
You go to court to pay your speeding tickets? How fast were you going?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2016, 8:44 AM

Regatta Plaza Redevelopment Update
Located at Peoria Street and Parker Road across from Mile High Station

Fencing has gone up on parts of the property after the Aurora Urban Renewal Authority recently gained vested title of 14.5 acres which was the majority of land not owned by Kroger and Key Bank. The Firestone store can remain thru the end of September.

Redeelopment Concept Plan
You can click on to enlarge which is how it came out when I tried to post the image - way too big.

Demolition will occur over the summer for all buildings except Key Bank, Firestone and King Soopers. King Soopers which is currently located in the SE corner will relocate to a new building in the NE corner and will include a Fuel Station at the NW corner. They hope to start on the new KS building by the end of 2016. The current parking area for King Soopers will become an RTD parking lot which makes sense since the current 1250 space parking/garage is typically at capacity. Should be an immense improvement but hardly urban dense.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2016, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Regatta Plaza Redevelopment Update
Located at Peoria Street and Parker Road across from Mile High Station

Fencing has gone up on parts of the property after the Aurora Urban Renewal Authority recently gained vested title of 14.5 acres which was the majority of land not owned by Kroger and Key Bank. The Firestone store can remain thru the end of September.

Redeelopment Concept Plan
You can click on to enlarge which is how it came out when I tried to post the image - way too big.

Demolition will occur over the summer for all buildings except Key Bank, Firestone and King Soopers. King Soopers which is currently located in the SE corner will relocate to a new building in the NE corner and will include a Fuel Station at the NW corner. They hope to start on the new KS building by the end of 2016. The current parking area for King Soopers will become an RTD parking lot which makes sense since the current 1250 space parking/garage is typically at capacity. Should be an immense improvement but hardly urban dense.
The most amazing thing about this development is how long its taken Aurora to knock down a strip mall that has been mostly empty for as long as I can remember.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 3:39 PM

Update on a project I noticed yesterday when headed to Ikea. New office tower on Dry Creek (9151 E. Panorama Cir., just west of I-25. Did some digging and found a few documents related to it. 8 story office building with separate 5 level garage. Oz Architecture did the drawings.

http://sire.centennialcolorado.com/s...gs&docid=14705
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Last edited by EngiNerd; Apr 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 6:58 PM

I think you mean west of I-25. It looks a lot like the precast office building that went up in Broomfield on the west side of 36 a couple of years ago.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 7:45 PM

I did, and corrected it. Thanks for pointing that out.

There are actually quite a few projects going up in the DTC area right now, I'm surprised when I drive around and see a new one pop up here and there.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 3:50 PM
Denver

In other news, lone tree is building a stupid bridge, tree, leaf thing for 7.5 million dollars that will be almost 200 ft tall

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainm...-architectural

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 9:02 PM

Scottk... That tree leaf bridge sounds HOT.

Rendering Source: city of Boulder planning documents) via Boulder Daily Camera
New hotel coming to Boulder near CU campus
Apr 26, 2016 by Molly Armbrister - Denver Business Journal
Quote:
Denver-based Stonebridge Cos. will build a Residence Inn hotel in Boulder, the company said Tuesday.

The 155-room hotel will be located at 2550 Canyon Blvd., adjacent to the Village Shopping Center, about a mile from the University of Colorado's campus. Construction is now underway and the hotel is expected to open in late 2017.

Stonebridge's new Residence Inn will include studios and one- and two-bedroom suites.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 10:16 PM
Arachnid Wrangler

Speaking of hotels, demolition is underway for the Elizabeth Hotel in downtown Fort Collins.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2016, 7:42 PM
Arachnid Wrangler

Another Midtown proposal: The Overlook

The Overlook is a four floor mixed use development roughly located at the corner of Horsetooth Road and JFK Parkway. Right up the street from Foothills and MAX! The project features 105 apartments, 8,000 square feet ground floor retail, and below grade parking in two buildings connected by a bridge / amenity space.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 12:53 AM
Arachnid Wrangler

Old Elk Distillery

Old Elk Distillery won landmark preservation commission approval tonight. This sends the development to the planning and zoning board next month paving the way for a fall/winter groundbreaking.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West