HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Dec 26, 2008, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distill3d View Post
LOL

i'm a Calgarian...i just live in Vancouver. i find most Vancouverites to be fairly laid back people. i mean, seriously, we could be voted best place to live for all time and i don't see anyone being cocky or arrogant about it. if Calgary was voted best place to live ever, then we would never hear the end of it.
i find calgary to be a fine place mostly because of the friendliness i was treated with. but architecturally speaking, i think vancouver has the upper hand. i personallly find most calgary skyscrapers excel in height but not so much as in style and aesthetic. what do u think? is this because vancouver has more talented local architects, or is it foreign guys helping things out...

Last edited by vansky; Dec 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2008, 7:42 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansky View Post
i find calgary to be a fine place mostly because of the friendliness i was treated with. but architecturally speaking, i think vancouver has the upper hand. i personallly find most calgary skyscrapers excel in height but not so much as in style and aesthetic. what do u think? is this because vancouver has more talented local architects, or is it foreign guys helping things out...
Calgary's architecture is bland, and is built to achieve height and function more than aesthetics. Especially with its countless number of twin skyscrapers.

i agree Vancouver has the upper hand there. but our transit facilities (save for Brentwood Station, Burrard Station, and Waterfront Station) leave much to be desired.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2008, 10:07 PM
Vancouver Moderator

I'm looking back on the Via Architecture site at Burrard Station and we really need to trim the trees...

Old Posted Dec 27, 2008, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine View Post
I'm looking back on the Via Architecture site at Burrard Station and we really need to trim the trees...

It really looked a lot nicer back then. I think TL needs to do a major beautification effort on all the Expo stations and bus loops - power washing, tree clipping, new gardens, new lighting, new community art, etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure