HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 8:09 PM

^Plus, nothing has really changed on the Transbay tower portion in three years. As soon as there's some kind of action, there will be plenty of talk here, just as there was three years ago.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 9:52 PM

Riverbed signed a 150K lease at 680 Folsom.

Quote:
Riverbed Technology, the fast-growing San Francisco networking company, is relocating into larger digs at 680 Folsom St.

The company has signed a more than 150,000-square-foot lease, industry sources say. The company will make an official announcement with Mayor Ed Lee later this morning.
And a new rendering of the rehab:

Source: www.socketsite.com

Click here for a larger version.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 11:05 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Not surprising that they are having no trouble lining up tenants given the demand in SOMA right now. I wonder, what is the current plan for the corner? Long ago, there was talk of something cultural there (dance related if I recall correctly). Haven't heard if that's still in the plan or if they have something else in mind (like retail).

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
I wonder, what is the current plan for the corner? Long ago, there was talk of something cultural there (dance related if I recall correctly). Haven't heard if that's still in the plan or if they have something else in mind (like retail).
The SF Business Times answered your question this morning:

Quote:
All building systems will be replaced and a new public plaza will be built on the corner of Folsom and Third streets, where there eventually will be a new 15,000-square-foot retail or cultural building constructed. A new glass, steel and granite lobby will have 30-foot ceilings with floor-to-ceiling glass and a floating staircase.
Source and article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...e-shop-to.html

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 12:31 AM

1800 Pacific Before and After

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 12:42 AM

Huge improvement! Thanks.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 12:47 AM

A little blurb from the SF Business Times about potential development sites (all of which we've discussed) in and around downtown:

Quote:
Some are surface parking lots. Some are empty buildings. Some are fenced-in lots. One is even a butterfly garden. What these properties all have in common is that they are fully entitled for office buildings or condo towers.

Yet they remain -- for now -- devoid of tower cranes or any concrete evidence that they will some day add to San Francisco’s built environment.
While San Francisco has seen a burst of new construction over the past three months -- some 2,500 rental units are under construction -- many other developers still struggle to find financing.
Source and the rest of the article here.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 1:27 AM
Only Mostly Dead

^Some interesting tidbits in there: Tishman Speyer is rumored to break ground this year on 222 Second, which is office, and is about a year away from breaking ground on 201 Folsom, which is condo. And it reminded me about 350 Bush, which has been a hole in the ground forever.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
^Some interesting tidbits in there: Tishman Speyer is rumored to break ground this year on 222 Second, which is office, and is about a year away from breaking ground on 201 Folsom, which is condo. And it reminded me about 350 Bush, which has been a hole in the ground forever.
Speaking of holes in the ground...

Does anyone know what's up with the parcel directly west of the BofA tower on the northwest corner of Kearny and Pine? Nobody ever brings that up when talking about vacant lots downtown. I know Heller Manus designed a small (5 stories) office building there but that seems like a lost opportunity considering its location. You can check it out here.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 5:44 AM
Sonoma Strong

can only keep our fingers crossed on 222 second. speaking of 201 folsom - i had no idea it had been redesigned by arquitectonica (just like it's already built twin 'infinity' on spear st, which is visible in the second photo).

old design by heller manus

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2..._start_co.html

new design:

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...deri.html#more

a vast improvement, just like last time.

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 6:42 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Love, love, love the Arquitectonica redesign!

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 3:57 PM

Here is the dedicated thread on 201 Folsom.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
A little blurb from the SF Business Times about potential development sites (all of which we've discussed) in and around downtown:

Source and the rest of the article here.
One of the most intriguing ones that is briefly mentioned in the slideshow is the Fox Plaza development. I've heard almost nothing about it lately, but here's an old article with a rendering from 2009.

The old plan was for condos, but this is right across the street from Twitter's new HQ, and I have to imagine this site is looking very attractive for rentals. It's currently very bland and underutilized, so I hope something happens with this site soon.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 9:34 PM

Fox Plaza Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesweeper View Post
One of the most intriguing ones that is briefly mentioned in the slideshow is the Fox Plaza development. I've heard almost nothing about it lately, but here's an old article with a rendering from 2009.

The old plan was for condos, but this is right across the street from Twitter's new HQ, and I have to imagine this site is looking very attractive for rentals. It's currently very bland and underutilized, so I hope something happens with this site soon.
minesweeper - A little history about the property you reference - Archstone bought the property on the whole block several years ago and then sold the office part of the building (floors 2-12) and the low rise building. It is my understanding that there are now 3 separate properties on the block. The low rise was granfathered when the Fox Plaza was built for a 12 story building (it is part of the lease for apartment tenants). The owners of the low rise tried for a long time to sell it. You can imagine the conflict having two or more owners of a joined property! I live in the Fox Plaza and would like to see the low rise property built up - we need more services in the area for tenants.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 2:02 AM

Looks like 2001 Market will break ground this spring!

From the San Francisco Business Times:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Prado Group will start construction this spring on three San Francisco projects.
In April, the group will begin work on 1266-1270 9th Ave. in the Sunset District, a 15-unit project with a 3,000-square-foot retail space on the ground floor that has been leased to La Boulange Cafe and Bakery. Also around the first of April, it aims to break ground on 2001 Market St. at Dolores Street, an 80-unit development with a Whole Foods on the ground floor. Webcor is the contractor on that project. Dan Safier, Prado’s president, said his firm is finalizing financing. “It’s in the sweet spot of what lenders like right now — a multi-family rental project in a great gateway city like San Francisco and 40 percent of the income is from Whole Foods, a high-quality, credit grocery anchor.”
Source and the rest of the article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...partments.html

If you need a refresher, click here to see the building.
Source: www.2001marketsf.com/

Last edited by 1977; Feb 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 12:57 AM

2001 Market St. @ Dolores

1977 - great news! Whole Foods will be that much closer to the Fox Plaza & easy to get to.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2012, 8:10 PM

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When In-n-Out first opened up a store in Dallas I remember this woman crying. She said that it brought back good memories and it was just her favorite place to go to. I thought she was silly and she was overreacting. But now I know exactly how she feels and I pray and hope that this damn right better happen! San Francisco needs and deserves a cool.... I mean, cool and very good movie theater. I'm tired of going to AMC.

http://www.slashfilm.com/san-francis...mo-drafthouse/

Quote:
San Francisco’s Historic New Mission Theater Might Become An Alamo Drafthouse
Posted on Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 by Germain Lussier

Los Angeles might be the movie capital of the world, but another city in the same state could be the first in California to open an Alamo Drafthouse. SFist.com is reporting there’s a proposal on the table to turn San Francisco’s historic New Mission Theater into a five-screen Drafthouse. However, because the theater – which has been closed since 1993 – is a historical landmark, a Historic Preservation Committee must first approve a proposal the property’s owner and Alamo executives have devised. That will go down on Wednesday. Read more after the jump.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 6:11 PM

A chain moving into that (historic) building in the Mission is likely going to incite some interesting reactions.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 7:29 PM

More good news! I like this building - simple, clean, and one less vacant lot in Rincon Hill.

From Socketsite.com:

Quote:
It’s a plugged-in tipster that first caught the construction equipment arriving on the 399 Fremont site yesterday, but it’s not for the Californian to start rising. No, it’s actually to shore up the property line and prepare for the excavation of 333 Fremont upon which the 8-story residential building rendered above will rise.

Source and article: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...ng_begins.html

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEri
A chain moving into that (historic) building in the Mission is likely going to incite some interesting reactions.
I dunno if too many people will really be opposed to this (i'm sure some will though). SF is already full of chain businesses, and that theater has been vacant and run down for a long time. It's also nice that it would be revived as an actual movie theater instead of something else.

It would definitely be an improvement over it's current state:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_lo...n/photostream/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations