Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
How are Leafs fans trash talking
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
LOL PK Subban
LOL Carey Price

Who's the next saviour of the week in Montreal now? Weber?
Quote:
He'd look pretty good on the Hab's first defence pairing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Man Grabo is a beauty.. thanks MTL!

Gotta love PK "Giveaway" Subban and Carey ".878" Price. Though to be fair to him he must just be tired from carrying the Habs into the playoffs last year.

It's just funny considering where Mtl and Tor will likely compare in the standings in April, is all. Who knows, maybe this IS "the year" for the blue Leaves. Surely we can't go another 6 years of them missing the playoffs, and another 40+ cupless years ... or can we?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 5:31 PM
gettin' rich!

Well look who's doing the trash talking now?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
It's just funny considering where Mtl and Tor will likely compare in the standings in April, is all. Who knows, maybe this IS "the year" for the blue Leaves. Surely we can't go another 6 years of them missing the playoffs, and another 40+ cupless years ... or can we?
Speaking of fans of a mediocre team trash talking..

If Montreal continues to play like they have been, they will be battling with Ottawa, Calgary and Columbus for the 1st overall pick.. So I don't think Habs fans can exactly brag at this point.

Not one thing I said wasn't true.. PK Giveaway (aka Mr. Norris) has been playing like shit and so has Jesus Price.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 6:47 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Well look who's doing the trash talking now?
I'm not trash talking the current performance of the Leaves, 7 games into a season. I'm trash talking the fans at best. Your question was well-answered, by the way, and my point still stands - the first 10 games of a season is a ridiculous time to compare performance and brag, because recent history shows how this ends up. Yet season after season we have one fanbase or another getting pretty uppity in the very early days - and recently it's very often been the Leaves. Hence the "plan the parade" jokes never getting old.

I swear, having a rational discussion with many of you is like talking to a guy I know who recently made a joke about Kessel being on pace to blow Gretzky's record out of the water by scoring 109 goals this season - except if that guy wasn't joking. And when I point out how ridiculous this claim is, his response is "well... well... your guy isn't going to score 109 goals either!!!!". No shit, sherlock. Get back to me when I claimed anything remotely close to that.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 7:01 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Speaking of fans of a mediocre team trash talking..

If Montreal continues to play like they have been, they will be battling with Ottawa, Calgary and Columbus for the 1st overall pick.. So I don't think Habs fans can exactly brag at this point.

Not one thing I said wasn't true.. PK Giveaway (aka Mr. Norris) has been playing like shit and so has Jesus Price.
Calgary wont be battling for the first overall pick. they will pick it up and finish in a solid tenth place this year. Then in the off season they will bring in some over the hill veterans and do it all over again. silly calgary.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 7:08 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
Calgary wont be battling for the first overall pick. they will pick it up and finish in a solid tenth place this year. Then in the off season they will bring in some over the hill veterans and do it all over again. silly calgary.
It's true, we still have another 1-2 years of contracts to kill off. Unless we can offload some more failed "superstars" like Stajan.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 7:19 PM
DRINK

Quote:
It's true, we still have another 1-2 years of contracts to kill off. Unless we can offload some more failed "superstars" like Stajan.
/\ It must make you feel good that Feaster blasted the Oilers method of rebuilding. I think Jochen Hecht and Jordan Tootoo are going to be free agents next summer. They would fit in well with the potpourri of whatever he is trying to accomplish.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 7:49 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
/\ It must make you feel good that Feaster blasted the Oilers method of rebuilding.
Don't know that I've heard Feaster's specific comments; were they attacking the concept of tanking a few seasons just to gain high picks? I wouldn't disagree with him on that front.

I personally don't like either extreme, the Sutter method (pioneered by the Rangers leading up to '94, failed almost every other time since), or the Penguins method (successful there, but a complete disaster in NYI and jury still out in Edmonton). A healthy balance is the key in my books. I still don't think we've seen the end of post-lockout tweaks in terms of team building.

Right now Feaster is basically Obama to Sutter's Bush. There's just not much he can do other than ride it out and pray for a miracle before he gets lynched.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 7:57 PM

The Oilers didn't mean to finish 30th the last two seasons - all of their best players got injured those years, causing them to tank so badly. It was a bit of a stroke of luck, actually.

Oilers would've been in the bottom 10 teams, but they only hit dead last when they basically had their 3rd liners playing top line minutes and the rest of their roster consisted of their AHL squad every night because of injuries.

In my opinion, the only real solid move Sutter ever made was trading that 2nd round pick to San Jose for Kiprusoff. That's it. Totally robbed San Jose and turned the Flames organization around, in my opinion. But if he didn't make that trade, there would've been no 2004 cup run, likely no playoffs after that, and the Flamers would have been in the league basement with the Oilers the last 3 seasons.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Your post doesn't make any sense, no Flames fans are talking trash as our team is 2-4-1.
You might as well, this is about as good as its gonna get for you guys.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:04 PM

Quote:
I'm not trash talking the current performance of the Leaves, 7 games into a season. I'm trash talking the fans at best. Your question was well-answered, by the way, and my point still stands - the first 10 games of a season is a ridiculous time to compare performance and brag, because recent history shows how this ends up. Yet season after season we have one fanbase or another getting pretty uppity in the very early days - and recently it's very often been the Leaves. Hence the "plan the parade" jokes never getting old.

I swear, having a rational discussion with many of you is like talking to a guy I know who recently made a joke about Kessel being on pace to blow Gretzky's record out of the water by scoring 109 goals this season - except if that guy wasn't joking. And when I point out how ridiculous this claim is, his response is "well... well... your guy isn't going to score 109 goals either!!!!". No shit, sherlock. Get back to me when I claimed anything remotely close to that.
Thanks for letting us know how your day went. Can we get back to talking about hockey now?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:12 PM
gettin' rich!

Funny how the rest of the country have their figures crossed, waiting for the Leafs to fall apart this season.....

Better keep saying your Hail Mary's....

(Gustavsson is in net tonight, if he can win a game, then these Leafs can do anything....)

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Funny how the rest of the country have their figures crossed, waiting for the Leafs to fall apart this season.....
You're partly right - everyone is waiting for the eventual nosedive to start any day now... but Leafs fans are the only ones with their fingers crossed.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:24 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know how your day went. Can we get back to talking about hockey now?
We were, until your defensive tribalism got the better of you. Follow the bouncing ball if you have trouble keeping up with the conversation.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:27 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Don't worry, we've had 44 years of practice. We're very good at it by now.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 9:55 PM

Quote:
You might as well, this is about as good as its gonna get for you guys.
I seriously doubt that, but tell yourself what you have to, as usual.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 11:04 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
I haven't seen a single Habs fan brag... our team suck right now!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 12:39 AM

lol...Leafs haters can be such crybabies.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister F View Post
lol...Leafs haters can be such crybabies.
Not as bad as leafs trolls however.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 1:09 AM
gettin' rich!

Looks like Gustavsson and the boys are going down tonight.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada