HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 6:13 AM

Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
In this case however the existing basement of the building extends under the sidewalk, which precludes the planting of street trees altogether.
Although in a new building, there is an expectation to plant street trees, even with a basement under the sidewalk. The tree rooting volume of dirt is boxed in within the basement. Sometimes it even has parking beneath the tree.

Unfortunately, more trees are being excluded by electrical and other utility vaults than any other reason today, to the point that new buildings often have entire frontages devoid of trees.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2017, 4:13 AM

Final Findings and Decision by the Landmarks Commission on the Portland Building:

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/index....46575&a=648958

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Final Findings and Decision by the Landmarks Commission on the Portland Building:

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/index....46575&a=648958
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a report this lengthy. Surely a worthy subject to review in depth as it has divided the architecture community in Portland for decades.

I'm not sure how to feel about the renovation, but I have my fingers crossed that the building is better after all this work. What a tough project to do well.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 7:03 PM

Drawings [66MB] and Final Findings and Decision by the Design Commission on the renovation of the Fliedner Building at 1017 SW Washington.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Drawings [66MB] and Final Findings and Decision by the Design Commission on the renovation of the Fliedner Building at 1017 SW Washington.
This renovation looks really great. And the color scheme is fantastic and bold.

Looking forward to this one.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland