HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12121  
Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 9:51 AM
Johnny Aussie's Avatar
Johnny Aussie Johnny Aussie is offline
G'day
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
Forgive me, but wasn't AC 2x daily this summer? Maybe I was out to lunch.
No. The route was launched as a daily E90, then upgauged to a daily 319....
Now it will be twice daily CRAs.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12122  
Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 3:43 PM
CareerShow CareerShow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
No. The route was launched as a daily E90, then upgauged to a daily 319....
Now it will be twice daily CRAs.
I have to say, the E90 is a far more comfortable ride than the CRA as well. Unfortunate at this time AC has moved all operation out of YVR.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12123  
Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 7:37 PM
twoNeurons twoNeurons is offline
loafing in lotusland
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lotusland
Posts: 5,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Point well made. Hmmmm .... intriguing, yes ......
Don't stop at search. Watch the whole series. You won't regret it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12124  
Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 9:04 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torcouver
Posts: 9,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerShow View Post
I have to say, the E90 is a far more comfortable ride than the CRA as well. Unfortunate at this time AC has moved all operation out of YVR.
I'd imagine these are stop-gap solutions until the C-series arrives, it's a great sized and distance route for that plane. Either way the boost is good news.

I for one appreciate the multitude of options to Chicago, since work seems to be taking me there more and more.

I wonder if AA will ever get in on the action, they like to pretend they are equals with United at ORD.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12125  
Old Posted Yesterday, 3:52 AM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 5,186
The C-Series lives!

Bombardier just sold 50.01% to Airbus (for $0) for a commitment to keep program HQ in Quebec, keep a final assembly line in Quebec (plus a second one in Mobile, AL), and they're going to sell the hell out of it as an Airbus product with Airbus parts and support. Boeing must be apoplectic tonight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-jet-program
__________________
VANCOUVER | Beautiful, Multicultural | Canada's Pacific Metropolis
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12126  
Old Posted Yesterday, 4:26 AM
stiffdeadman stiffdeadman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
I'd imagine these are stop-gap solutions until the C-series arrives, it's a great sized and distance route for that plane. Either way the boost is good news.

I for one appreciate the multitude of options to Chicago, since work seems to be taking me there more and more.

I wonder if AA will ever get in on the action, they like to pretend they are equals with United at ORD.
i think the problem is O'hare has no gate space left to add new flights. i read they have proposals for a large terminal re-construction now that the new runways are all completed. so for american to add YVR they would have to cut something else, and as we have seen in the last little while canada is not as profitable for american carriers as their own domestic routes. remember years ago american had service from ord to yyc, but it was cut.

also if you're a spotter i would recommend putting o'hare on your list for spotting. freakin crazy how quickly the flights come. i hung out at the threshold of runway 10C by the approach lights and it was awesome. have to go back someday.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12127  
Old Posted Yesterday, 12:15 PM
connect2source's Avatar
connect2source connect2source is offline
life in the present
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
The C-Series lives!

Bombardier just sold 50.01% to Airbus (for $0) for a commitment to keep program HQ in Quebec, keep a final assembly line in Quebec (plus a second one in Mobile, AL), and they're going to sell the hell out of it as an Airbus product with Airbus parts and support. Boeing must be apoplectic tonight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-jet-program
10 + pages of chat and rant about this on airliners.net, lots of support for this and lots of comments from yours truly.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1376389
__________________
source | energy
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.