HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 9:51 AM
G'day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
Forgive me, but wasn't AC 2x daily this summer? Maybe I was out to lunch.
No. The route was launched as a daily E90, then upgauged to a daily 319....
Now it will be twice daily CRAs.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie View Post
No. The route was launched as a daily E90, then upgauged to a daily 319....
Now it will be twice daily CRAs.
I have to say, the E90 is a far more comfortable ride than the CRA as well. Unfortunate at this time AC has moved all operation out of YVR.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 7:37 PM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Point well made. Hmmmm .... intriguing, yes ......
Don't stop at search. Watch the whole series. You won't regret it.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerShow View Post
I have to say, the E90 is a far more comfortable ride than the CRA as well. Unfortunate at this time AC has moved all operation out of YVR.
I'd imagine these are stop-gap solutions until the C-series arrives, it's a great sized and distance route for that plane. Either way the boost is good news.

I for one appreciate the multitude of options to Chicago, since work seems to be taking me there more and more.

I wonder if AA will ever get in on the action, they like to pretend they are equals with United at ORD.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:52 AM

The C-Series lives!

Bombardier just sold 50.01% to Airbus (for $0) for a commitment to keep program HQ in Quebec, keep a final assembly line in Quebec (plus a second one in Mobile, AL), and they're going to sell the hell out of it as an Airbus product with Airbus parts and support. Boeing must be apoplectic tonight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-jet-program

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
I'd imagine these are stop-gap solutions until the C-series arrives, it's a great sized and distance route for that plane. Either way the boost is good news.

I for one appreciate the multitude of options to Chicago, since work seems to be taking me there more and more.

I wonder if AA will ever get in on the action, they like to pretend they are equals with United at ORD.
i think the problem is O'hare has no gate space left to add new flights. i read they have proposals for a large terminal re-construction now that the new runways are all completed. so for american to add YVR they would have to cut something else, and as we have seen in the last little while canada is not as profitable for american carriers as their own domestic routes. remember years ago american had service from ord to yyc, but it was cut.

also if you're a spotter i would recommend putting o'hare on your list for spotting. freakin crazy how quickly the flights come. i hung out at the threshold of runway 10C by the approach lights and it was awesome. have to go back someday.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:15 PM
life in the present

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
The C-Series lives!

Bombardier just sold 50.01% to Airbus (for $0) for a commitment to keep program HQ in Quebec, keep a final assembly line in Quebec (plus a second one in Mobile, AL), and they're going to sell the hell out of it as an Airbus product with Airbus parts and support. Boeing must be apoplectic tonight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-jet-program
10 + pages of chat and rant about this on airliners.net, lots of support for this and lots of comments from yours truly.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1376389

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure