HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Longxi International Hotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Jiangyin Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 4:12 AM

It came out much nicer than i ever could have expected. Though the LED's are hideous....

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
It came out much nicer than i ever could have expected. Though the LED's are hideous....
I was expecting this thing to turn out halfway decent, if it had a good facade. But it turned out worse, and the gold ball top just kills it even more.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2011, 8:06 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
I know what you mean but to actually appreciate the LED love in China you have to see it all in context . On individual buildings I agree that it looks pretty tacky but when you're walking around amongst hundreds of lit-up buildings like this it's actually quite invigorating . It's sort of like Christmas all year long with the lights .

Old Posted Oct 18, 2011, 2:29 PM

http://homesandcondosblog.com/home/l...spot-4733.html

LONGXI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL: NEW GLOBAL HOT SPOT

17 OCTOBER 2011

Quote:
Huaxi Village in the Jiangsu Province of China has added a new jade tinted tower called the Longxi International Hotel to what seems to be the beginning of an impressive skyline. Huaxi is China’s and possibly the world’s richest village. Supposedly as a result of China’s economic reform, what used to be a poor farming village has slowly transformed into the luxurious community (some say utopia) it is today.
Quote:
There is a multitude of benefits provided for every resident of the village; health care, education, cars, and even their homes are free. There is a catch though, every resident must work in one of the village’s industrial plants, producing mostly textiles and steel, every day of the week. The hard, never-ending, work week doesn’t seem to affect the residents’ morale because there’s food on their tables, a roof over their heads, and they have more money than they know what to do with.
Quote:
The reason the impressive income of the village’s residents is significant is because each household is a mandatory investor in the Longxi International Hotel. Each household contributed 10 million yuan, or $1.6 million to the construction of the tower, and now they are all shareholders and will each profit from its almost guaranteed success.Longxi International Hotel cost $470 million to build, and stands alone at 1,076 feet as the only highrise in the village.
Quote:
Longxi officially opened its doors to guests about a week ago on Huaxi’s 50th anniversary. There are said to be over 800 suites, which accommodates approximately 2,000 guests. The hotel has all of the amenities you would expect a luxury hotel to have; an exhibition hall, revolving restaurant, rooftop swimming pool surrounded by gardens, a mall, theatre, and a spa – oh, and a one-tonne gold statue of an ox on the 60th floor.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 9:15 PM

What a hideous piece of shit. Not surprised though, it's made in china.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2011, 6:56 PM
them bones

Can anybody help me find this on Google Earth?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2011, 12:45 AM

31 degrees 49'48'' N, 120 degrees 25'19'' E

Old Posted Nov 13, 2011, 5:22 AM
them bones

^Thanks.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive