HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 11:43 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFguy View Post
EITC converting to College of East Idaho this fall, I don't expect much in the way of relief in the near future.
What information do you have about EITC switching to College of East Idaho? 2 years or 4 years? Any plans of adding buildings?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
What information do you have about EITC switching to College of East Idaho? 2 years or 4 years? Any plans of adding buildings?
This fall. The transition will be complete by August. Voters approved last month to creating a taxing district for Bonneville County and are now working to secure the board of trustees and the accreditation for the school. The only thing left is the signage changes and it's official. As far as new buildings... nothing yet. The buildings that are already there are substantial for now unless the college plans on offering other courses. Good thing is, is there is plenty of room north of the campus for expansion.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 4:48 AM
The Drifter

Depending on the size of buildings I would estimate 3-4 up to the canal. If the land north of the Canal is available I could see another building there with expanded student parking. When I lived in IF a few years ago I would imagine IETC switching to a community college and expanding in those areas. Then after 10-15 years having it switch to a 4-year school and expand on the land north of the Walmart with a sky bridge over Hitt. Idaho Falls has been in desperate need for a higher education school that was more than a technical school or a small campus of buildings offering a selection of degrees from other universities from around the state. I am glad to see this happening finally and see it as a great thing for Idaho Falls and surrounding area.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFguy View Post

The city is currently working on plans to widen the 17th Street/ Woodruff intersection in a couple years as that intersection is the second worst in the city and ITD is currently accepting designs for the I-15/ US-20 interchange as well.

A guy can only wonder why the loop highway idea hasn't gotten any legs underneath it, maybe they're waiting until all the available land is developed and it becomes ultra spendy to complete, I don't know.

No idea however if Ammon is going to widen that road or if they're going to make the developers pay for it but it needs it now more than ever.

Let me know if I can fill you in on anything else. I could go on forever.
Thanks for the detailed update IFGuy! I had not heard about the planned expansions to 17th/Woodruff and changes to I-15/US 20. Very interested to see what they do with the I-15/US 20 interchange. I would hope they have it so you don't have to stop at all to merge onto 20 North/East past Lindsay.

I'm surprised as well that the loop idea has not been seriously proposed. With the development moving east it will certainly become a nightmare to plan if put off any longer (it really should have been implemented years ago).

I agree about 1st in Ammon. Last time I visited the area I was surprised that was still a two-lane road, same with Lincoln east of Hitt, and 17th east of Ammon Rd.

Really appreciate the reply. I will let you know if I have any other question.

As a side note, and a little insight to what connection I have to the area, my family was the one who started the old, now extinct, Panorama Hills/Thunder Ridge swimming pool/recreation area.

Last edited by IFBoiseJunky; Jun 27, 2017 at 3:01 AM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 8:55 PM

Heavy equipment activity noted on the north east side of CAMPING WORLD

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 4:21 AM

Signage is Lit at "The Waterfront".. Looks nice !

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 6:30 PM

Someone mentioned to me that there has been some infill on the lot south of Big Lots bound by St. Claire and Woodruff. Is that true? What is it?

A few other questions:
1. Has the first phase of residential in Snake River Landing been completed? Is there any word on new homes, retail or office buildings in that area?
2. Is there any more news about the proposed 3-story building on Broadway and Memorial?
3. Has any movement begun at the Bonneville Hotel?
4. Is there any news about the proposed Warehouse District? Is it just in the visioning process or are there actual plans for it?
5. Is Taylor's Crossing seeing anything new?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 6:18 PM

- "Culvers", opened up in Taylor's Crossing, on July 3rd. Seems to be doing well.
- Broadway and Memorial held the standard "ground breaking", ceremony, a few weeks ago. watching for progress, there..
- unsure about any new motion on the Bonneville Hotel ?
- Where is the "Warehouse District", expected to be? I hadn't heard about that?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 1:24 AM

Northgate Development

Has anyone heard of the new Northgate Development in northern Bannock County. From what I heard it was 10,000 new housing units, retail, and a 1,000,000 square foot IT park room for (6,000 employees). The IT park sounds quite specific to me. I wonder what company it could be. This would be huge for Pocatello. I think the new Mormon Temple would be included in this development. (www.northgatedev.com) (KPVI.com)

Idaho Central Credit Union is building a whole campus off the 86 in Chubbuck (add 100 to 400 employees). From Google maps it look like the landscaping is in.

The new FBI data center building is still under construction (300 jobs).

This new Northgate Development seems so huge. I sure hope they can pull it off. It would benefit the whole region.

I really wish people in East Idaho would stop knit picking over cities and think more regionally.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 8:23 PM

https://idahobusinessreview.com/2018...falls-project/

Bank of Idaho, Smokin Fins announced for downtown Idaho Falls project

https://idahobusinessreview.com/file...-2-300x151.jpg

Quote:
A bank, a popular Boise restaurant chain, and a law firm and pizzeria in Idaho Falls have signed on as tenants for the Boise-based Oppenheimer Development Corp.’s first Idaho Falls development – a two-building-and-plaza project called The Broadway.

The Broadway is only at the footing, foundations and underground construction stage at Broadway and Memorial Drive in downtown Idaho Falls, but prominent Idaho businesses have already been drawn to the $10 million project, said Jeremy Malone, vice president at Oppenheimer Development.

It will include a 27,000-square-foot, three-story office building and a one-story, 8,237-square-foot retail building and a plaza with a fountain and likely winter ice rink between the two buildings

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:18 AM

Pocatello Developments

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ng?format=750w

NORTHGATE INTERCHANGE , SIPHON ROAD AND I-15 (above) ^

NORTHGATE MASTERPLAN

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 4:32 PM

http://www.localnews8.com/news/idaho...rise/714779133

Idaho Falls downtown development on the rise

Quote:
IDAHO FALLS (KIFI/KIDK) - Things are changing in downtown Idaho Falls. Take a walk down any street and you'll see many buildings under construction or renovation. One of the biggest areas is the Broadway Development site. Once completed, it will be retail and commercial business space. It will also provide more parking for downtown.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2018/0...e-capped-week/
Broadway underground parking garage being capped this week

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 9:59 PM

Construction

There is activity on the "Jackson Hole Junction", property, North/east corner of the I-15, Sunnyside, Intersection.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 4:13 PM

Quick update on some projects happening or in planning...

The Broadway project is close to getting some skin, still has the completion target this fall.

The Bonneville Hotel project is slated to begin this fall. There has been an unfortunate amount of delays due to funding.

Across the street, Idahoan Foods is still in the decision phase of moving out of downtown or building on. Original plans called for a seven storie complex with three floors of parking and ground retail. I'm really hoping this goes through. I believe they will have the decision by mid month.

Tru hotels by Hilton has broken ground on the west side of the river due south of the Garden Inn.

Holiday Inn has a hotel planned for Jackson Hole Junction, nothing of any other tenants yet but more announcements are going to be made soon.

Wingate Hotels will be building a hotel just off 17th Street by the mall which is pretty cool. There is a definite need due to the hospital being over there.

Site work has begun on both new INL research labs.

That's all the majors right now. Plenty of homes, townhomes, and small retail projects in and around the area and it's almost mind numbing seeing all the growth.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 4:36 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm a little disappointed that the Broadway won't include any residential, but I'm glad the Bonneville is still on track.

Can you direct me to any information about the Idahoan Foods project? This is the first time I've heard of it.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTeton View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm a little disappointed that the Broadway won't include any residential, but I'm glad the Bonneville is still on track.

Can you direct me to any information about the Idahoan Foods project? This is the first time I've heard of it.
Go to the Idaho Falls website and scroll down until you find the live stream link. There are three tabs, click on the redevelopment agency tab and choose April, that one gives the best info. I haven't been able to find any thing else yet.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 2:05 PM

https://idahobusinessreview.com/2018...n-idaho-falls/

Boise brothers Oppenheimer spark downtown revival in Idaho Falls

Quote:
“We love developing downtowns,” Doug Oppenheimer said. “We try to create projects that act as a catalyst for other projects. We think there is a surplus of opportunity, not a scarcity. Thanks to Steve Carr, we got to know wonderful people in Idaho Falls.”

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 1:49 AM

Wow! It's been some time since anyone has updated anything, I'll try to get back into the habit.

Quite a few projects happening right now, things are looking good. Most of the big projects started last year are finally getting their skin. Idaho Falls Community Hospital, both new INL labs, the Broadway, the museum is doubling in size, Jackson Hole Junction is starting to announce tenants, Snake River landing is going to build a new building or two, the Event Center may break ground later this year and downtown is flush with redevelopment and remodels. If I get out and about in the next bit I'll upload some pics for you all.

Best regards.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 11:25 PM

Idaho Falls #21 for Best Small Cities for Business

https://www.chamberofcommerce.org/be...-for-business/

Note these are metro areas (metropolitan statistical areas) with 50-250,000 residents, not just population within city limits. Which would explain why Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Meridian, etc (est 709,000 metro pop as of 2017) are not in this list. Idaho Falls metro (#21) has 145,000 per 2017 estimates, Pocatello (#70) has 85,000, Lewiston (#76) has almost 63,000, and CDA (#98) has about 157,000. Twin Falls would likely have made the list also but hasn't officially been recognized as a MSA yet (should be soon with county population over 85,000).

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 8:02 PM

Idaho Falls Metro #1 Housing Market Growth in Country for 2020

http://www.homebuyinginstitute.com/n...d-lead-nation/

Kudos to Cottonwood who found this first and posted it on the Boise thread (Boise is #3 on the list).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West