HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Wasn't Metropolis before Spire?
Yeah I would generally credit Metropolis with the start of the Peachtree Street residential renaissance in Midtown. It opened three years before Spire. Midcity Lofts was also earlier (2002), but it's mid-rise and not on Peachtree Street.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Yeah I would generally credit Metropolis with the start of the Peachtree Street residential renaissance in Midtown. It opened three years before Spire. Midcity Lofts was also earlier (2002), but it's mid-rise and not on Peachtree Street.
I stand corrected. Wasn't really following developments in 2001-2002 as I was just finishing elementary school.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 3:33 PM

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
No CEO/Preacher of a Baptist church would be able to oversee a project of this scope. Most likely Friendship Baptist has been approached by a developer who is interested in buying this property if they can get the appropriate zoning.
I agree - here is his bio:

Chief Executive Officer
Company NameFriendship Baptist, LLC
Dates EmployedJan 2015 – Present Employment Duration2 yrs 5 mos
LocationGreater Atlanta Area

Plan, structure, negotiate, and provide vision and oversight for all projects and programs of Friendship Baptist, LLC. Responsible for the programmatic implementation of the organization’s mission to transform Atlanta's Downtown West community

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 5:19 PM

West Peachtree St is Midtown critical, too

Quote:
West Peachtree St's Plaza Midtown - and bringing PUBLIX to Midtown - was pretty special, too. Technology Square by GA TECH, started it all though.

With 4 West Peachtree St MARTA rail stations; Civic Center, North Avenue, Midtown, and Arts Center, on top of the easy one way vehicular traffic flow, "West" Peachtree is also a Midtown "Peachtree".

CODA, Alexan 880, Northside Medical and more (Tech's recent $20MM 11/12th purchase, Selig on 12/13th, for example) further underscore A dynamic West Peachtree Street and all this is before 14th Street.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 5:39 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
So I just found a video of the inside of the sales center of Opus 2 and it's really cool. They have a sort of "mock room" that has video screens that projects the view from any unit's balcony so you can see what it would be like.

Here a link to the video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTkjp2ggsTJ/
You tell them what floor you want to live on and that view is projected onto the screens as if you're looking out your own windows. They have options for morning, afternoon and evening views. That alone may be worth a visit to the sales center.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:29 PM

Quote:
I remember when Metropolis was being constructed...there was such a buzz about Metropolis. It had a "WOW" factor. I credit Novare and GT for getting the ball rolling and creating a destination for people to want to experience urban living in the city.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:49 PM

A company that typically develops and acquires medical facilities has filed a planning permit for "the development of a multi-use development including an assisted living component" at 129 North Ave. This is the corner of Juniper/Courtland and North, where J.R. Crickets currently stands, right across the street from the new 131 Ponce apartments.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 7:09 PM

Before anyone gets too excited, this is a proposal for Bangkok. But Atlanta's skyline sure does look great in the background.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Before anyone gets too excited, this is a proposal for Bangkok. But Atlanta's skyline sure does look great in the background.

I wish

Don't worry though, unless a major recession hits, Atlanta should be getting several new major developments in the coming years.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 7:52 PM

Quote:
A company that typically develops and acquires medical facilities has filed a planning permit for "the development of a multi-use development including an assisted living component" at 129 North Ave. This is the corner of Juniper/Courtland and North, where J.R. Crickets currently stands, right across the street from the new 131 Ponce apartments.
The same company either developed or acquired the Emory University Hospital in Midtown. The proximity to the Proton Therapy Center and Emory's Midtown hospital makes sense.

http://www.richmondhonan.com/projects/

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
I wish

Don't worry though, unless a major recession hits, Atlanta should be getting several new major developments in the coming years.
I wonder if this could be a subtle hint at something??? Why would they use some of ATL'S skyline????

Last edited by bigstick; May 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
I hope so! And I hope it's more than what's currently proposed. Opus and 1105 will be nice touches, but I want to see a a few more remarkable developments. Arts center TOD, between 12th & 13th east of Peachtree walk, around North Ave station, and a handful around five points would be awesome.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I wonder if this could be a subtle hint at something??? Why would they use some of ATL'S skyline????
Umm-- The Internet, Photoshop...

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Umm-- The Internet, Photoshop...
Right. It's strange for sure, but I wouldn't read into this at all.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 2:41 PM

Midtown bagged another headquarters:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...h-america.html

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Midtown bagged another headquarters:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...h-america.html
WOO- 5 whole employees!

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 7:01 PM

Serta Simmons HQ more than likely at Assembly in Doraville

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...0-jobs-to.html

Quote:
Mattress giant Serta Simmons Bedding LLC will employ a little more than 500 at its new Doraville headquarters campus.....Integral Group will sell about six acres to developer Holder Properties, which will put $65 million into developing the five-story building for Serta Simmons. The project will also include R&D space.
I believe Atlanta 3000 posted a concept design from TVS a while back called "Project Rally". It fits the scope of Serta Simmons HQ needs: including the R&D center, showroom, and ~5 stories of on office building. This doesn't warrant that this will be THE design but it certainly spotlights a possibility that will establish a vibe for the Assembly project.

PROJECT RALLY BY TVS

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:09 PM

[QUOTE=arctk2014;7794661]http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...0-jobs-to.html

I believe Atlanta 3000 posted a concept design from TVS a while back called "Project Rally". It fits the scope of Serta Simmons HQ needs: including the R&D center, showroom, and ~5 stories of on office building. This doesn't warrant that this will be THE design but it certainly spotlights a possibility that will establish a vibe for the Assembly project.

Very Nice-- I hope the final project resembles this--

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 11:26 AM
BANNED

Mark My Words - Downtown Will Be the Hottest Sub-Market Going Forward!

The Enclave at Western Heights - Downtown Atlanta

515 Rhodes Partners presents its mixed use and mixed income project, "The Enclave at Western Heights." This transformative development is steps away from the Vine City MARTA station and new Mercedes Benz Stadium.
* 128 Room Hotel
* 45,000 sf. Center for Health Equity
* 250 Unit Apartment Complex
* 467 Car Parking Garage

Address: 515 Rhodes St NW, Atlanta, GA 30314

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations