HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 7:23 PM

Has there been any recent comment about whether the LED lighting is actually going to be in place? These night photos were not part of the official roll out.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
That would be putting too many eggs in the "project will be completed on schedule" basket if it was the 2016 Vanier - unless Taylor field was the back up plan.
I'd go to it Regardless of Venue.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 4:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Has there been any recent comment about whether the LED lighting is actually going to be in place? These night photos were not part of the official roll out.

There are plans for exterior LED lighting but they just don't want to commit too early to a certain type as technologies are always improving.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 7:55 PM
ARTchitecture

That's a good way to go. Decorative lighting should be the last of their concerns, as it can be installed rather quickly and honestly does not need to be functional at the official opening of the stadium. Worry about the structure and field first. Make sure the aesthetics are done right and attractively, rather than be stuck with a dumpster fire (like the new Ti-Cats field) for decades.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2014, 2:40 AM

First columns are going in

Old Posted Oct 13, 2014, 8:17 AM

Boy, things are just zoomin' right along there!!!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2014, 5:54 PM

Observations from Century Link Field

Wearing a Rider hat is an invitation for people to come up to you and chat. Met a group from Saskatoon (they called to me from a pub), a pair from Winnipeg, lots from Vancouver (Rider and Lions fans), Anthony McClanahan (Stampeder Linebacker) and Geroy Simon (and his family) who called to me from behind. One guy I met on the ferry from Bainbridge said that a couple of years ago, him and his friends at work decided to adopt a CFL team and he chose the Riders. We both laughed about how eerily similar the Grey Cup and Super Bowls were. A lot and I mean ALOT of Seattleans know about the CFL and a bunch even follow to league.

Century Link field is pretty nice. I loved the room and the cup holders. The concourses are nice and wide, they even had beer and food vendors on the other side of the concourse to help with the flow. The third tier concourse had no cover, but that wont be an issue with our stadium because of the sunken bowl design. The fan fun zone is a great idea and since the convention centre is connected to the stadium you can stay out of the weather if its bad. I think we'll use Confederation Park during the summer months and then maybe move into the Eventplex when it gets cold. A couple of issues though; the sound system is crap, I never heard one announcement of down and distance (maybe they don't do it?) and the pre-game DJ was just a mumble of noise. Finally the WiFi was crap (I think if you had Verizon it was alot better).

Finally the game. Where I sat there was many, many Cowboy fans. They were very noisy!
The Seahawks had no business even being in this game let alone having the lead late in the 4th quarter. The offence was crap and the defence left the middle open all day. Then when the Cowboys were 3rd and 20, I thought to myself, "will Seattle pull a Riche Hall?" and damn-it if Romo didn't pull it off! I mentioned that to Geroy and he said "Riche Hall D?" before I even finished the sentence, LOL! That play sealed the game for the Cowboys, the Seattle D (and the fans) were completely deflated as a result.
Jon Ryan was his usual self. I wish we had a punter like him,

All in all a good time. Can't wait for our stadium to be built!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 1:40 PM

3rd and 4th cranes going up today.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
First semi with crane segment now being unloaded.

http://www.reginarevitalization.ca/stadiumcam/

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Wearing a Rider hat is an invitation for people to come up to you and chat....

Century Link field is pretty nice. I loved the room and the cup holders. The concourses are nice and wide, they even had beer and food vendors on the other side of the concourse to help with the flow. The third tier concourse had no cover, but that wont be an issue with our stadium because of the sunken bowl design. The fan fun zone is a great idea and since the convention centre is connected to the stadium you can stay out of the weather if its bad. I think we'll use Confederation Park during the summer months and then maybe move into the Eventplex when it gets cold. A couple of issues though; the sound system is crap, I never heard one announcement of down and distance (maybe they don't do it?) and the pre-game DJ was just a mumble of noise.

All in all a good time. Can't wait for our stadium to be built!
I was also at the game over the weekend. Great experience and very nice stadium, it was my first time there. Saw one roughrider hat from a distance haha.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
That is awesome, thanks!!! With those and the soon-to-be cranes at the Water Treatment Plant, there will be 8 cranes up 'n running very soon!!! (In the Regina area.)

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 6:56 PM

On a point of schedule PCL has to happy with the amount of nice weather this fall. We are expecting high teens this week and a lot has been happening with footings and columns / grade beam.

Anyone in the know, know if PCL is head of construction time-line due to the nice weather? Also Kudos for working weekends to make the most of nice conditions.

The progress is amazing.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 7:35 PM

Some great pics are on @YQRstadium on twitter

Lots happening on site

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 2:30 AM

Thank you for the photo update , very nice , what are those large red contraptions in the photo

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
Thank you for the photo update , very nice , what are those large red contraptions in the photo
I think they're retention walls for material that's still left to be excavated. Essentially just a safety feature...

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 12:59 PM

Wall Forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner2008 View Post
I think they're retention walls for material that's still left to be excavated. Essentially just a safety feature...
The forms in red are for the lower level (basement) walls, the west side is one level deeper underground to house facilities. Basically from those red forms west, there is a basement level that may house kitchen facilities, locker rooms etc. The forms are right on top of piles that have been set and the forms are full of rebar now with column forms as well. They should be ready to pour that wall soon.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 1:41 PM

[QUOTE=cjones2451;6775655]Some great pics are on @YQRstadium on twitter

Lots happening on site

take a look at the camera , never seen these before , they are pulled apart

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 2:56 PM

4th tower crane is going up this morning.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
4th tower crane is going up this morning.
Woohoo! Gonna look amazing all up on that site! Likely finish the boom on the 3rd crane today I would imagine?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Woohoo! Gonna look amazing all up on that site! Likely finish the boom on the 3rd crane today I would imagine?
I would assume so. You can see it on the webcam sitting there . The city will look pretty good coming from Moose Jaw with the 4 cranes at the stadium, the two at the waste water plant and the cranes at the Leg and FCC. Have we ever had 8 tower cranes in the city before?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan