HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 5:05 PM

Apple maps 3d view was updated recently with the new buildings

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 6:39 PM

I have no clue where Amazon will go, but I do know that Amazon has already stated the Boston lease has nothing to do with HQ2. That was a planned expansion for several years now. They could be blowing smoke who knows, but that lease is old news that had been planned for over a year and was just officially signed. Just as we hear announcements in Atlanta, but then it’s not “officially announced” 6 months or a year later.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Don’t be that way...this wasn’t your attitude when you thought we were a favorite. Just like no one on here except me seems to think it’s crazy how Georgia has prosituted itself in tax incentives to lure film production. We give the most tax incentives than any state.
You’re doing it again... using vulgar terms like “Prosituted” itself. You sound bitter. Your new name is BitterBabyNia. Georgia is doing what every other state is doing... except they are winning more than losing. And you can’t handle it. Georgia is punching upward. Realizing that LA and NYC are ahead. And will probably always be that way. Keep your poison ☠️ to yourself.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLontheRISE View Post
You’re doing it again... using vulgar terms like “Prosituted” itself. You sound bitter. Your new name is BitterBabyNia. Georgia is doing what every other state is doing... except they are winning more than losing. And you can’t handle it. Georgia is punching upward. Realizing that LA and NYC are ahead. And will probably always be that way. Keep your poison ☠️ to yourself.
Get a grip dude. And please no personal name calling. There are people who work with these companies that have used the same terms. I simply used a term that had already been mentioned. And let’s be clear every other state is not doing the same thing. There are two states that I know of that formed a group to analyze if the incentives were actually lucrative. To my knowledge I believe there’s a group of people at GSU that are analyzing this specific topic.

My life here in Atlanta is great and I love it...but time to time I will chime in on information on here that is for the most part nonsense. I do feel that some people on this forum that are Pro-Atlanta are not financially supporting anything that we discuss. I am Pro-Atlanta to the heart. Graduate of Morehouse, Post-Grad Georgia Tech, before getting into my present field, worked at NYU and UCLA. And as stated before, cousin of the pastor of Ebenezer Baptist Church. I’ve nothing but love for this great city. But some of these statements that are stated on here are simply absurd. People on here argued me down a few years ago that women ride their bikes in Midtown to Happy Hour after work. Eventually as always I let it go. Just as this topic...I’ll let it go.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Coda - Midtown

thanks for that! it looks more promising than I thought it would. more colorful

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 8:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Prosituted...whored...slutted...whatever. The State of GA put on their knee pads and bought a bucket of lube for the film industry.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Found your source. Note the April one publish date and try spelling "Mr Sloof Lirpa" backwards.

What if this is Disney's way of getting some feedback on some ideas they have without having to worry about people finding out. I mean, wouldn't that be kind of brilliant?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 8:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
I have no clue where Amazon will go, but I do know that Amazon has already stated the Boston lease has nothing to do with HQ2. That was a planned expansion for several years now. They could be blowing smoke who knows, but that lease is old news that had been planned for over a year and was just officially signed. Just as we hear announcements in Atlanta, but then it’s not “officially announced” 6 months or a year later.
You are correct, Amazon did say the lease at the Seaport development didn't have anything to do with HQ2, but I believe it has everything to do whether HQ2 is going to Boston. Again - as you said, the lease was in the works for over a year. So are we to believe that Amazon has been negotiating over a year for a 500K sqft lease, but they are going to be making a decision on a HQ2 with 8 Million sqft of buildings and 50K employees in less than a year? The reality of it is Amazon has been looking for a HQ2 probably for at least 2 years.

So if I just apply some business logic and common sense, I can easily conclude Amazon has probably already eliminated Boston for the HQ2 list if they signed a 500K sqft lease with an option for another 500K sqft in the Seaport district of Boston. Keep in mind, the lease is for a brand new building that has yet to start construction. If Amazon was seriously considering Boston for their HQ2 why not wait another 2 - 8 months before signing that lease so if they selected Boston they could have all of their employees at HQ2? It doesn't make sense. However, it does make sense for Amazon to have a significant presence in Boston even if it is not the HQ2 because Boston has a significant amount of talent focused on artificial intelligence and machine language.

I am going to double down and again state Atlanta is the front runner and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is and wager 10 American dollars or .00034 Bitcoin I am right! Any takers?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 8:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
What if this is Disney's way of getting some feedback on some ideas they have without having to worry about people finding out. I mean, wouldn't that be kind of brilliant?
Brilliant or sinister?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
You are correct, Amazon did say the lease at the Seaport development didn't have anything to do with HQ2, but I believe it has everything to do whether HQ2 is going to Boston. Again - as you said, the lease was in the works for over a year. So are we to believe that Amazon has been negotiating over a year for a 500K sqft lease, but they are going to be making a decision on a HQ2 with 8 Million sqft of buildings and 50K employees in less than a year? The reality of it is Amazon has been looking for a HQ2 probably for at least 2 years.

So if I just apply some business logic and common sense, I can easily conclude Amazon has probably already eliminated Boston for the HQ2 list if they signed a 500K sqft lease with an option for another 500K sqft in the Seaport district of Boston. Keep in mind, the lease is for a brand new building that has yet to start construction. If Amazon was seriously considering Boston for their HQ2 why not wait another 2 - 8 months before signing that lease so if they selected Boston they could have all of their employees at HQ2? It doesn't make sense. However, it does make sense for Amazon to have a significant presence in Boston even if it is not the HQ2 because Boston has a significant amount of talent focused on artificial intelligence and machine language.

I am going to double down and again state Atlanta is the front runner and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is and wager 10 American dollars or .00034 Bitcoin I am right! Any takers?
its less than 3 bucks now...

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 9:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepope117 View Post
its less than 3 bucks now...
O Ssssss.......hit, I mean O Sssss....ugar! I've lost $7.

Ironically it's called Bitcoin because it keeps biting me in the ass...ets.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 10:36 PM

Wow what's going on with the windows in Coda? That's an interesting looking effect.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 10:49 PM

I was just in the Seaport District. There’s tons of available land for development. Transit in the area sucks though. Only the Silver line BRT.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Wow what's going on with the windows in Coda? That's an interesting looking effect.
I suspect Coda is going to be a damn good looking building.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Don’t be that way...this wasn’t your attitude when you thought we were a favorite. Just like no one on here except me seems to think it’s crazy how Georgia has prosituted itself in tax incentives to lure film production. We give the most tax incentives than any state.
Geez - ever considered just replacing your Cali flag at the top with a pic of Debbie Downer?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Geez - ever considered just replacing your Cali flag at the top with a pic of Debbie Downer?
Lol

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Her name is BitterBabyNia. One of the BIGGEST Atl HATERS. Pretending to be pro ATL... ignore her. She’s unimportant. If she would go to the LA page and post there. And never come back here. That would be awesome. 🤞🏼🤞🏽🤞🏾

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
I suspect Coda is going to be a damn good looking building.
Anthem as well. A new bar has been set with those and NCR. I know this is contrary to popular opinion, but I don't think the lack of height detracts from any of those buildings.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Her name is BitterBabyNia. One of the BIGGEST Atl HATERS. Pretending to be pro ATL... ignore her. She’s unimportant. If she would go to the LA page and post there. And never come back here. That would be awesome.
Moderator have this guy removed. Knowing that I’m a man and to call me a girl, is reason for removal. This person either doesn’t read or can’t comprehend. He/she clearly can’t move on with their life that they can’t let this topic go. It’s almost scary.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 5:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Moderator have this guy removed. Knowing that I’m a man and to call me a girl, is reason for removal. This person either doesn’t read or can’t comprehend. He/she clearly can’t move on with their life that they can’t let this topic go. It’s almost scary.
It's really rich the person called you a hater too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations