HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 8:28 PM

ok

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
With a non-vacant old building still on the site, I wouldn't hold your breath that this is going to break ground in the near term.
Somebody to better tell Northside because they are planning on being in that building in around18 months. All indications are that this is close to getting started.
By the way, I suspect the urgent care center will occupy a good bit, if not all of the ground floor retail space. It's not sexy but it is an active use at least.

Last edited by Martinman; Nov 23, 2016 at 1:25 AM.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 2:20 PM

Snapped this on my way to work this morning. Peachtree & 3rd, aka lilli

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 2:31 PM

Everything built in Midtown in the last decade (since 2006). The skyline has essentially doubled.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 2:58 PM

1270 Spring and Ascent cranes:

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:00 PM

Lilli

[QUOTE=Frankster87;7631184]Snapped this on my way to work this morning. Peachtree & 3rd, aka lilli

Even without the a parking deck, it seems like this project is moving along rather quickly.
Also, were they approved without the need to provide parking for the residents?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:07 PM

[QUOTE=DNR;7631222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post

Even without the a parking deck, it seems like this project is moving along rather quickly.

Parking is shared with a nearby existing parking deck. I'm sure there was some sort of permit filing/variance proposed and approved.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:16 PM

[QUOTE=DNR;7631222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post

As mentioned, they are sharing parking with an existing parking deck. However, certain areas in midtown do not require parking for residential uses-- 208 12th Street (while small) is providing no parking for the residents, only parking (5 spaces) for the retail. I think the lack of parking requirements for residential is a little known fact about midtown.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:25 PM

[QUOTE=Kh9142;7631255]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post

As mentioned, they are sharing parking with an existing parking deck. However, certain areas in midtown do not require parking for residential uses-- 208 12th Street (while small) is providing no parking for the residents, only parking (5 spaces) for the retail. I think the lack of parking requirements for residential is a little known fact about midtown.
That's good to know. I wonder how much them not needing to build a parking deck will impact the price /sf. I REALLY wish these were moderately priced condos.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:30 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Hanover Midtown looks to be digging deep on the back portion of the lot, I assume there will be some amount of subterranean parking.
I think what's going on there is they are leveling the east side of the lot to be on grade with Juniper.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 4:48 PM

Is this a new render of 195 13th?

Saw it in the projects + construction thread, but never seen it before

Looks like it came from this: http://www.midtownatl.com/_files/doc...ivity-maps.pdf

Also looks like once 880 breaks ground in South of 10th Midtown only a couple projects left to break ground before all existing proposals are in construction:

NCR Phase 2 (which is all but certain)
640 Peachtree
Juniper and 5th
Eviva Peachtree

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 5:16 PM

Quote:

Oh, I like that rendering! No sitework has occurred at this site, is that correct?

Tangent- I'm glad that Whole Foods is proposed, but man would it be better if there was a grocery more centralized for existing residents. While I'm sure the location will be great with the future developments along Arts Center, it would nice to see a grocery on Peachtree between 10th & 14th.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Also looks like once 880 breaks ground in South of 10th Midtown only a couple projects left to break ground before all existing proposals are in construction:

NCR Phase 2 (which is all but certain)
640 Peachtree
Juniper and 5th
Eviva Peachtree
Wait, what's 640 Peachtree? I missed that one and it's not on the devmap unless it's the Proton Therapy Center (which from the numbering should be on the other side of the street)

Last edited by ATLSkyPalaceOwner; Nov 23, 2016 at 6:02 PM. Reason: removed quoted picture

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 6:04 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Wait, what's 640 Peachtree? I missed that one and it's not on the devmap unless it's the Proton Therapy Center (which from the numbering should be on the other side of the street)
Peachtree at 3rd proposed 18 floor hotel w/ 238 rooms.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 6:10 PM
Mmmm...Smynings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Oh, I like that rendering! No sitework has occurred at this site, is that correct?

Tangent- I'm glad that Whole Foods is proposed, but man would it be better if there was a grocery more centralized for existing residents. While I'm sure the location will be great with the future developments along Arts Center, it would nice to see a grocery on Peachtree between 10th & 14th.
I think an urban grocery store or market concept from Walgreen's was mentioned for 1138 Peachtree a while back - 21,500 sf retail at 13th & Peachtree.

Also, I think a smaller grocery store could potentially anchor Eviva Peachtree - 22,000 sf retail at 6th & Peachtree.

The demand in Midtown is definitely there... as the crowds at Trader Joe's (Monroe) and Publix (W Peachtree) prove.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 7:37 PM

Quote:

Looks like it came from this: http://www.midtownatl.com/_files/doc...ivity-maps.pdf
Yawn....this looks like a mashup of 77 12th/60 11th and Azure Midtown since they keep hiring the same architects over and over again. The design is becoming just too formulaic that there's no longer any design left to do. This is just like the wood construction 4/5 story mid-rises popping up everywhere that people complain about architecturally- there's only so much you can do unless you're willing to push the structural and envelope designs beyond the conservative (economically cheaper) side of design.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Yawn....this looks like a mashup of 77 12th/60 11th and Azure Midtown since they keep hiring the same architects over and over again. The design is becoming just too formulaic that there's no longer any design left to do. This is just like the wood construction 4/5 story mid-rises popping up everywhere that people complain about architecturally- there's only so much you can do unless you're willing to push the structural and envelope designs beyond the conservative (economically cheaper) side of design.
I mean, basically every city in the world has infill apartment buildings that are copy and pasted throughout the city. Expecting every building to be a unique design is absurd and a recipe for constant disappointment, plus this is a low res render. I want to see a high res sleek render before I diss the building.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 8:09 PM

And, no matter how striking the architecture is or isn't for whatever is built at 195 13th, isn't it in the middle third of a block with 20+ story buildings all around it? How much could it possibly stand out in this location, regardless, at a roughly 25-story height? It is matching Yoo! on the Park in floor count. I'm not quite sure what some are expecting in the way of dazzling architecture.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 8:22 PM

195 13th looks appropriate for the area. I'm a little curious about that parking garage in the back though, but this design is simple and clean. Good infill for the area with a heavy demand for residential units and sensible retail.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
In theory, I agree with you but I actually appreciate this design because I was expecting another variation of Spire, Viewpoint and Apogee from SRSSA. Ironically, the projects you mentioned are by different firms. This one is simple and has an attractive urban form. And for the umpteenth 20+-story residential tower in the city that's good enough for me.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations