HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 1:29 PM

Greetings from Moncton! I agree and I also hope WestJet would keep a flight all year round to Hamilton from here. I much prefer that rather than Toronto. I have family in Burlington and I was born and raised in Windsor. My question to peeps on here is: UPS, what kind of aircraft does UPS currently use out of Hamilton. Not sure how many people are aware but the air cargo between YHM and YQM is quite busy. Like Hamilton, Moncton is one of the aircargo hubs in this region. We have a Fedex service (morning eastbound from Montreal Mirabel - Moncton - Halifax) and westbound in the early evening Halifax-Moncton-Mirabel. Cargojet arrives from YHM around 3am and heads towards Halifax - St. John's and returns to YHM. Currently we also have 2 Purolator flights each way...early morning morning eastbounds from Mirabel and YHM to YQM and then one heads to Halifax and the other to St. John's. In the evening they both return...from St. John's it arrives at 1930ish and from Halifax around 2040ish and both take off around 2130ish. The one from Halifax usually takes off first heading towards YHM and the other one to Mirabel. It makes for plane spotting at YQM quite interesting. The reason I had mentioned UPS is because UPS is moving to the Atlantic region at full force and its going to use Moncton and Halifax as their regional hubs. This will replace one of the Purolator flights as one of the aircraft is leased by UPS for this region. Has anyone in Hamilton heard of any service increases for this region? Thank-you in advance

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure