HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

FMC Tower at Cira Centre South in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 12:19 PM

Philly Skyline has a nice shot of the demo taken from across the river but it is at least a week old if I'm not mistaken. The skywalk between the main building and the (former) annex is now entirely gone.
“The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.” -Charles Dickens

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 4:08 PM

Just want to confirm that the pic on phillyskyline is pretty old, I walk by every day and most of the roof beams are now gone.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 2:26 AM

MANY POSTS DELETED

There shall be a crackdown on off topic and useless posts, include off topic and useless posters.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 7:04 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

So, uh, how is the annex demo coming?

It's a good thing Cira South's two primary tenets are its two neighbors...that will save us the tons of litigation that always comes with a skyscraper proposal. Cranes will probably rise here faster than anything else in the city.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 9:52 PM

Cira Center II

I wanted to see if there were any updates in terms of whether Black Rock is looking to make a decision whether to relocate the 800 jobs from Northern NJ. Anyone hear of any update rumors on this?

I am suprised that a decision hasnt been reached yet considering that if correct me if I am wrong, that it is a Keystone Opportunity Zone where there is a tax abatement for a number of years for companies who occupy Cira Center and the new Cira South. I am not surprised that Black Rock hasnt jumped at this opportunity since there are Black Rock offices in Wilmington, Del and a cheaper per square foot office space.

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 1:56 AM

Hello, does anyone have any updated pic to share with the demolition?

Old Posted May 6, 2008, 2:27 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

I noticed when I went by on the Schuylkill Banks yesterday the annex demo is coming along pretty nicely. Most the second story is gone.

Pity I don't have a camera...

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 6:22 PM

Before Cira II was proposed, Penn was also considering building another 30 story building on the other side of Walnut. Do we know if that is still going to happen with Cira II being developed?

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 2:25 AM

With respect to the 30 story tower, its the first I had heard of it. I know from reading earlier posts on Cira Center II, someone had taken pictures of what would be a Cira Center III complex behind 30th Street Station, which would be rather great to be built as well. Hopefully Black Rock if they are smart enough will see that economically it makes sense to relocate from Northern NJ to Philadelphia.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 4:09 PM
Western Suburbs

BlackRock is in serious discussions with BRT - I've worked with them for the better part of 2 years and they are very interested in bringing "significant" operations to Philadelphia. The impact of BlackRock's potential move would only spur further growth of Financial Services in the Philly area.

Old Posted May 14, 2008, 3:18 AM
Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Got Five View Post
I've worked with them for the better part of 2 years and they are very interested in bringing "significant" operations to Philadelphia.
Wow, that's good news. Anyone have an idea on an expected time frame for Black Rock's decision or possible groundbreaking?

Old Posted May 23, 2008, 7:31 PM
BANNED

(cricket cricket...tumbleweed...cricket)

how's the demo going? (echo echo)

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 12:15 PM

I saw the Demo this past Saturday and all of the second floor is knocked down, now all thats left is beams from the first floor standing up and the original ground floor...It would be nice if the person who has used their digital camera to post every once in a while with camera pics of the continued progress...

Any word on a target date on when Black Rock would make their decision or rumors of one?

Old Posted May 29, 2008, 2:46 AM

Location: philadelphia -umm loft district/chinatown, i don't know what its called
I need to take photos....

I haven't taken photos of any projects lately so i think i might go take some photos tomorrow.

Old Posted May 29, 2008, 11:27 PM

Location: philadelphia -umm loft district/chinatown, i don't know what its called
pics from today...

This photo i took today of a car i thought was amusing so I'll just sneak it in here lol.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 1:08 AM
Resident Jackass

Ahh a man who is good to his word, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tua21506 View Post
This photo i took today of a car i thought was amusing so I'll just sneak it in here lol.
That's my car!

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 6:44 PM

Going fast...I like it.

Old Posted May 30, 2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWatusi View Post
That's my car!
Gigidy Gigidy Goo?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2008, 1:56 AM

I wanted to see if anyone knew whether there would be continuous construction of this complex, despite not knowing for sure whether Black Rock still hasnt committed to office space to Cira Center II? I would assume because Penn has committed to a sizable portion of the complex... Thoughts?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2008, 3:18 AM
My CAT digs.

I don't think we are going to hear anything about either tower for a while. Right now they are concentrating on rehab of the Post Office for the IRS, which is going to take another 18 months or so. Last I heard, construction on the new parking structure is scheduled to begin by September.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive