HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 24, 2010, 5:34 AM

I havent been up there in ages...are there any current pictures

Old Posted Sep 24, 2010, 10:48 AM

Legacy Crossing Development to bring new life to Centerville

Movie theater to bring new life to Centerville

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...nterville.html

...Thursday, Russell, Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, Gail Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, and Greg Miller, the group's CEO, broke ground on the first Megaplex in Davis County.

The 14-screen theater, which will include a digital IMAX screen, will be located at Legacy Crossing, between I-15 and Legacy Parkway near Parrish Lane...

...Within 100 days, the Legacy Crossing development will also begin construction on more than 200 units of residential apartments on the 28-acre site...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2010, 7:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAZLoVer View Post
In referencing the offices that will be closing, the IRS has 12-15 smaller offices in generically listed buildings scattered throughout Ogden - the kind of buildings or offices within building that you would never even know belonged to or housed IRS workers. These are the types of offices they are closing in favor of creating a larger more centralized workforce and adding to the synergistic effect of their downtown presence. Many of them are in the 12th Street/BDO and Weber State areas.
I love that idea. Plus, it creates more open buildings for other business / commercial.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 1, 2010, 10:30 PM

Station Park video

Here is a video for the proposed Station Park development in Farmington. It looks like Atlantic Station in Atlanta. It's nice in some regards but creates a false sense of an old town. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY6GDpt-qeg

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 4:23 AM
BANNED

I actually quite like it.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 6:36 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

While I like the overall architectural look of the project I don't agree with how it is being utilized on the property, or in other words its functionality as a project.

Yes Station Park is located near a FrontRunner Stop, but as I look at the layout, as has been proposed, this is in no way, shape or form a transit oriented development, it is a transit adjacent development. I look at it as a shared use parking lot, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but it is NOT TOD. It is a parking lot that serves two uses, a park and ride for FrontRunner and a parking lot for a suburban lifestyle shopping center, a shopping center much like the district.

Maybe the future plans call for residential and some additional office located between the shopping and the rail station, but this is not a destination that I would hop on FrontRunner to go do shopping at. I don't want to walk across several hundred yards of asphalt, parked cars and moving cars to go shopping just to do the same thing to get back. If the layout is the same or similar to the original proposal it is not a TOD. http://www.coldwellbankercommercial..../1/36301_1.pdf

In my opinion a much better way to make this a true Transit Oriented Development is not to change the layout of the development, but simply to change the orientation of the development in relation to the FrontRunner stop.

You could keep the "power center" (big boxes) still on the south east end of the development and even along Clark Lane, but I would place the axis of the lifestyle center, "a line coming directly out of the cinema and through the center of the project" directly facing the FrontRunner station with no street between them. I would provide FrontRunner parking on both the north and south sides of the lifestyle center. This alignment would provide a much more realistic approach to FrontRunner riders coming into the center rather than simply going to their cars, and going home. I would also include in the initial phase that a portion of the upper floors be residential in nature, and phase two would include some additional residential and office immediately adjacent to the project and possibly some larger office structures spread throughout the overall development.

I will work up an example of what I mean and post it soon.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 6:53 AM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Here is a video for the proposed Station Park development in Farmington. It looks like Atlantic Station in Atlanta. It's nice in some regards but creates a false sense of an old town. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY6GDpt-qeg
I love this so much! And it is going to work for Farmington because it is the only Davis County town that still fills like an old town; Farmington has so much character still.

A+

Between Station Park and some day (hopefully) getting the street car all the way to Lagoon, things will be golden for Farmington.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
If the layout is the same or similar to the original proposal it is not a TOD. http://www.coldwellbankercommercial..../1/36301_1.pdf
The layout has changed slightly, it now looks like this:

Here's a link to the leasing brochure:
http://www.centercal.com/booklets/stationpark/

I have very few problems with Station Park as it is planned today. If you compare this to the commercial development in Bountiful and Centerville, which also had very little retail 5-10 years ago, it's much, much better.
It's due less to good planning than the fact that parallel freeways bisect the city, but keeping this and other new development away from the center of town are actually what keeps Farmington the quaint, historic town that it is. It's no surprise that it's one of the most desirable places to live in N. Utah.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 3:40 PM
BANNED

Maybe if this development were placed in between the parking and the Front Runner station, it would force transit riders to walk through the development, promoting more opportunities for impulse shopping.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 5:13 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I love Phase II. But Phase I looks like crap. Just another strip mall with tons of parking lots.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 6:35 PM

It seems like there's going to be a multiplex at every exit in Davis County...I know it's making up for a current shortfall, but it seems like the Farmington and Centerville complexes so close to each other are overkill.

Maybe just kill.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 6:54 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Pardon the crudeness of my rendering, I haven't installed my photoshop yet.

Basically I am proposing moving Phase 2 directly adjacent to the FrontRunner station, and moving a few of the big box from Phase 1, down to the south end.

The original phase 2 could be a phase 3 and could possible be more of phase 2, including upper story living, with a nice flowing connection from FrontRunner all the way to Clark Ave.

Again sorry about the quality, Paint is VERY limited.

This makes it a TOD, because it is integrated into the transit stop.

Seriously, the impulse buying of Transit users will be very limited, because they will have to trek across the parking lot to get to the lifestyle stores.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 1:28 PM

Ogden City Hall 1889-1930

www.orsonprattbrown.com

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
The layout has changed slightly, it now looks like this:

Geez, where will people park?

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
They should change the name to STATION PARKING LOT.

Question: Why is Farmington news posted in the Ogden thread? Farmington is closer to SLC than Ogden. Didn't we have a Davis Co. thread somewhere? I thought we did.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 9:23 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Agreed. This has "pedestrians not welcome" written all over it!"

Old Posted Nov 7, 2010, 11:11 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I think they are going to need a trolley just to get you from one side of the parking lot to the stores.

Why in the world would they plan such an old timey themed shopping project and give it the most bland and modern parking set up (not to mention massive). And why is the second phase an island in a giant parking lot?

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Nov 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 1:09 PM

I agree with al of you about how phony this development is. Maybe if it weren't surrounded by a sea of parking it would actually seem like a nicely planned development. This plan needs a massive overhaul. It's a very bad example of a TOD.

Is there anyway to petition to get it changed?!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 7:45 PM
BANNED

Urbanboy felt passionate enough, about the Station Park project, to want to have me post this:

I like it!

Last edited by proxy; Nov 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy View Post
Urbanboy felt passionate enough, about the Station Park project, to want to have me post this:

I like it!
I always thought that was the way it was going to be... because it's the only layout that makes any sense. I can't believe they're stupid enough to put the main shopping/entertainment area so far away from the train stop.

And I thought it was going to be a TOD: shopping/entertainment, housing, offices. With just shopping that is unhospitable to pedestrians, and no housing or office, it's not a true TOD.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West