HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

View Poll Results: What do you think?
I love it! 14 53.85%
meh...ban me. 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwest2k View Post
More info on this please. Sounds very interesting.

And links to any threads regarding delta port/prince rupert port would be greatly appreciated

There are also proposals to build a massive railyard for Deltaport.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x2 View Post
And as for my zoo proposal for Hastings Park, I really do think the whole place should be converted into a zoo (that is, if the PNE moves out). Right now, it hardly serves as a purpose for a park as hardly anyone visits there. Bring the animals into the city, they'll get a lot more attention and certainly a lot more attendance like the aquarium. In turn, more revenues will mean better upkeep of the zoo facilities.....like the aquarium. The animal facilities at the Greater Vancouver Zoo are dismal.

With that said, definitely keep the Pacific Coliseum and Hastings Racecourse but get rid of Empire Field and use it as part of the zoo.
Something like Tarongo Zoo in Sydney would be amazing. Sydney's zoo is 52 acres in size.....excluding the Coliseum and the racecourse facilities, you'll have about 110 acres to work with at Hastings Park.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment