HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Mar 16, 2010, 2:52 AM

You guy's have to stop catching feelings over this design. This is great project for Brooklyn, soon we could visit basketball games,concerts etc... in our own borough.
And idk what you people hate about this design, i think its simple and modern.
Stop hating Y'all!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2010, 2:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
I'm glad for the fact that one architect is going to be designing multiple buildings, and it will not be a hodge-podge of different styles.
I think you misread the article..

Quote:
Ratner and Childs discussed having the esteemed designer work on one of the 16 proposed residential buildings that form the bulk of the mega-project.

“Bruce wants to bring in different architects, good architects, to do each of the residential buildings,” Childs said. “That’s something I’d be very excited about. Talking to Bruce, it’s clear that he wants to do this right. He really does.”

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2010, 3:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Because you can never have too much Jay-Z and Beyonce at a groundbreaking...

http://gossiponthis.com/2010/03/15/j...mony-barclays/

__

__

__

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2010, 5:47 PM

That lipstick makes her look like a cheap hooker. R.O.C.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
That lipstick makes her look like a cheap hooker. R.O.C.
I don't think she comes cheap....

Old Posted Mar 17, 2010, 2:37 AM
TL;DR

No, but she'll poison a dude...

The Atlantic

Old Posted Mar 17, 2010, 1:40 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Lol

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 3:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Barclays may be a couple of years off, but the NETS will play in a new arena next season either way...

http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_pag..._ground_n.html

Atlantic Yards breaks ground: Nets are the heartbreak kids

By Star-Ledger Editorial Board
March 15, 2010

Quote:
The bulldozers are scraping the earth at Atlantic Yards, and it appears the Nets’ long-doubted relocation to Brooklyn is all but official. Until the divorce is final, they’ll hang around for two more years at the Prudential Center in Newark, and then they’ll be gone.

You’d think it would be easy to say goodbye to a team with fewer victories than Congressional Republicans. But chances are the Nets are going to get good and sexy before they leave — like the spouse who loses the weight, gets the makeover, then runs off with, well, a Russian millionaire.

With a core of exciting young players, a fistful of high draft picks and money to spend on a second-tier free agent, the Nets could throw a shadow on .500 next season, then climb another rung or two on the NBA ladder just before they dribble across the river, taking our rekindled love with them.

They’ll draw better at The Rock than they did at Tumbleweed Center in East Rutherford, but fans will have to decide whether to fall in love again or opt for a casual, open relationship. After all, another NBA team could move in after the Nets leave.

We feel a heartbreak coming on.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 5:12 AM

Doubt it, Cleveland, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta will still be ahead of whatever NETs team is contrived.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 12:51 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
No, but she'll poison a dude...

The Atlantic
I feel so good about myself that I can honestly say I have no idea what this is referring to.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 2:48 AM
TL;DR

^

Video Link

Yea, I posted it.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 4:11 AM

What the hell did I just watch?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 5:02 AM
New Yorker for life

LOL, GaGa should have been at the groundbreaking. Gehry could have designed her another hat just for the occasion.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2010, 7:23 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

NY1

03/23/2010 01:39 PM
Hacked Traffic Sign Takes Aim At Atlantic Yards Developer
By: NY1 News

An electronic sign in Brooklyn turned a few heads this morning as it took aim at the developer of the controversial Atlantic Yards Project.

The sign, which directed a vulgar word at developer Bruce Ratner, appeared this morning on Saint Marks Avenue and Flatbush Avenue in Prospect Heights.

It was up for a couple of hours before crews were able to fix it.

"When I see that sign, it's really inappropriate for the area, because there's kids. There are three schools in the area, and that doesn't sit well," said one local.

"It's funny, there's a lot of opposition in the area for it. It affects businesses and people that live here, you know?" said another. "And I think it's pretty clever, actually."

"That does not say what I think it does, does it? Oh no," said a third. "Ooh, I can't say that either."

Ratner has been a controversial figure in the area since the state used eminent domain to condemn the property on Ratner's behalf, so that a sports arena and high-rise apartments could be built.

Ironically, Ratner is also the owner of the sign that was hacked into this morning.

Copyright © 2010 NY1 News. All rights reserved.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2010, 12:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
Ironically, Ratner is also the owner of the sign that was hacked into this morning.
That Ratner will do anything for publicity. I saw the uncensored version on curbed.com.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 1:30 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/29/sp...l?ref=nyregion

Nets’ Likely Owner Faces a Nation

By RICHARD SANDOMIR
March 28, 2010

Quote:
Mikhail D. Prokhorov, a basketball-loving Russian billionaire who is expected to be approved as the majority owner of the Nets next month, moved into the American spotlight Sunday with a profile on CBS’s “60 Minutes.”

In an interview with Steve Kroft, Prokhorov said, “I am real excited to take the worst team of the league and turn it to be the best.” At 9-64, the Nets need one victory in their final nine games to escape tying the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76ers for the worst record by percentage in N.B.A. history.

Prokhorov is also the subject of an extensive article in the May issue of Bloomberg Markets magazine, which details how he became Russia’s second-richest man, with a net worth of $17.8 billion, through timely and shrewd investing in nickel, gold and aluminum.

Prokhorov is paying $200 million for 80 percent of the team and 45 percent of Barclays Center, the team’s arena that is being built near downtown Brooklyn as part of the $4.9 billion Atlantic Yards project. He will also finance up to $60 million of Nets losses until they move into the arena and be responsible for 80 percent of the team’s debt of $207 million.

In an e-mail response to questions, Prokhorov wrote on Sunday: “I view this investment as a business opportunity. I expect this asset to be worth around a billion dollars after the new arena is built and the team gets to the top of the N.B.A.”

Prokhorov, who first conveyed to the league his interest in buying a team in 2008, was initially focused on the Knicks before turning his attention to the Nets.

“I love huge cities: the feeling of pace, of energy,” he wrote in the e-mail message. “Outside of my hometown, Moscow, New York is the place I feel most comfortable. It was this feeling that first sparked my interest in the Knicks.”

But after seeing that the Knicks could not be acquired from Cablevision, which recently spun off Madison Square Garden as a separate company also controlled by the Dolan family, he focused on the Nets.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 5:40 PM

Awesome guy. He flies his model ladies in from Russia to "entertain" his boys in France but its not prostitution. And has a collection of fabulous Kalashnikovs
in his house. Just the positive influence the NBA needs!! Thumbs up!

Old Posted Mar 30, 2010, 1:50 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seat24inNJ View Post
Awesome guy. He flies his model ladies in from Russia to "entertain" his boys in France but its not prostitution.
Doesn't sound like it to me, anyway.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2010, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I feel so good about myself that I can honestly say I have no idea what this is referring to.
feel good about yourself? do you live under a rock?

how could you not know about the telephone video

Old Posted Mar 31, 2010, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
LOL, GaGa should have been at the groundbreaking.
both of them are really annoying. (when i say both i mean beyonce too)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction