HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:24 PM

Okay I'll say it... and this is not P.C but what most women were designed to do is breed. We were meant to bear children, we were meant to take care of them. That was our purpose and perhaps the only purpose.

Western society has progressed beyond this concept and feminism has tried to destroy and deny it, but it is what it is. And it's why birth rates are falling in the west.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris2k7 View Post
But apparently not have the self awareness to realize when they are doing the same.
Considering his educational status and his behaviour it seems reasonable to categorise him somewhere in the empathy challenged category.

I don't know why this would be a shock to anyone.

Massive ego seems to be a trait to success weather your truddeau, trump, bill gates, steve jobs, etc etc etc.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Are there any good tests you could recommend that can help one determine where they sit in the spectrum?
Not directly. You'd want to get a professional.

I mean in reality face to face communication is the best way. But the other person has to know what they are looking for.

I can generally spot a relatively standard case from about 100 feet away(it's all body posture, eye movements etc)

Although it's a good bit like spotting an accent.

If it's mild enough that you move somewhat normally it's near impossible for me to tell.

Oddly enough when I worked door to door sales a few of my coworkers could pick up on that shit without even realising it.

Keeping in mind the medical community is overly focused on people with classical autism, and people showing blatant deficits in functioning in adult life.

If you make it through school and be moderately successful you don't exist as far as some people are concerned.

My girlfriend had to go from vancouver to montreal to get someone who was familiar with the very different behaviours of autistic women.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:34 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah89 View Post
Okay I'll say it... and this is not P.C but what most women were designed to do is breed. We were meant to bear children, we were meant to take care of them. That was our purpose and perhaps the only purpose.

Western society has progressed beyond this concept and feminism has tried to destroy and deny it, but it is what it is. And it's why birth rates are falling in the west.
Well said. I would say the differences in intellect in women are entirely due to different priorities, driven by different biological urges. The biological urges

Men seek to bed or court women so try to impress them by gathering resources, competing with other men, etc.

Women are generally biologically programmed to want children so focus on being nurturing and bagging a resourceful strong male that can protect her and provide for her offspring.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:40 PM
Majestic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Not only is it one study, he doesn't fully grasp the consequences of it.

Autism isn't really one specific thing. It's sorta like having a manual transmission stuck in one specific gear.

It's evidence of other neurological process going a bit flunky.

For example I rank really high in spacial reasoning, and my brother tests in like the 99th percentile.

That's not uncommon for a subset of the autistic population.

Meanwhile one of my friends can't walk the length of his street without getting lost.

We tend to display extreme traits of every human behaviour.

Even empathy which originally thought was to be something inherently poor in almost all autistic individuals may in fact be a result of super empathy among a specific subset.
So your assertion is... that all people are on the autism spectrum? Or is it that research is bunk because autistic people display atypical behaviour? I don't get it. Explain.

Quote:
You have yet to provide either a credible evidence-based statement or even a rational explanation to justify your claims, so forgive me if I disagree and tune out.
You are essentially asking me to disprove a link between career or financial success, gender, and a fundamental level of intelligence -- which doesn't exist. And your argument is backed by... life experience? Do you even know what bias is? You are not an objective source.

Why are there less women in STEM? A lot of potential reasons. Maybe women gravitate to more cooperative and less individualistic (or cut-throat) environments. Maybe because there aren't enough women in those industries and that makes people reluctant. Maybe it's because women in tech still are subjected to this sexist bullshit and nobody wants to get harassed at work.

Why are they paid less? Maybe because there's a perception of guys being harder workers. Maybe women are less willing to do overtime or work weekends. Maybe its simply because the people who have power and influence are generally guys. Same reasons could be given for why women aren't in the c-suites.

Why are there less women entrepreneurs? Maybe women have less tolerance for risk. Maybe female entrepreneurs have more trouble getting access to venture capital.

There's a lot of potential reasons. Society is very complex. But you know what I won't do? Reduce the argument to: because women are dumb.

Flickr

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 10:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris2k7 View Post
So your assertion is... that all people are on the autism spectrum? Or is it that research is bunk because autistic people display atypical behaviour? I don't get it. Explain.
Having aspergers is like scoring 5 out of 10 for autistic traits.

Classical autism is like a 7.

There are way more people in the 3-4 range that are below the current threshold walking around.

A full collection of autistic traits can be debilitating while it's incredibly likely that a small number can be a huge advantage.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:11 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:

Though not everyone falls in line with the design. I understand the backlash against the excesses of strident, hardline feminism, an ideology that seems to to deny elemental biology in humans, but it was needed back when women were essentially property and couldn't vote.

Optimistically I hope that future generations of girls will grow up feeling comfortable with whatever choices they make when it comes to careers and/or raising families. Clearly there's a biological imperative that many career-focused women struggle with when the clock starts ticking more loudly, but I think it's just as obvious that there are women out there who are perfectly happy living lives without having children.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
To be perfectly honest, I've never heard anyone say that they were going to put off or forgo having kids for reasons of... taxation. Even financial reasons are extremely rarely invoked in my experience.
My experience with my own friend/cohort is as follows:

One couple is waiting for the wife to find stable employment so she's able to take mat leave. They are paying off a recent hefty mortgage and although they can now afford kids, it took them this long to get stable.

Another friend is a transport truck owner/operator, the pay is decent but the time needed to cultivate relationships is non existent. He could opt to go back to working as a machinist but that would mean a huge pay cut.

My spouse and I are also making a decent living but both of us have very unstable employment. I'm working for the third ownership group in as many years in the same job.

Another one of our friends just returned after moving away for work. He did well, came back and met a girl. They got pregnant but unfortunately lost the baby near the end of term. Again, they're nearing 40.

We also have some friends who do have kids, all born to parents in their 30's.

Really, it's more a money vs. time vs. stability trade off. Not really a purely monetary issue. I guess instability is the real problem.

Still, constant reports on CBC radio about the glut of kids in CFS care don't play well among my group.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:24 PM
recession proof

I am puzzled how someone with autism can a) work in sales b) have a steady relationship c) seem quite "normal" to me.

Signed,
an aspie.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Honestly man, the day this place stops allowing open debate and disagreement on social constructs, is the day many of us will just walk to UT or another forum. It's getting pretty bad lately. When challenging feminist dogma (my posts though provocative are hardly offensive to all but the most sensitive people) suddenly makes someone a sexist or being considered racist or Islamaphobic for not wanting Syrian/Somali refugees to come here with little restraint, well then we as an intellectual community are finished.
As the saying goes, Don't let the door hit ya....

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:53 PM

I seriously expected better from this website, the most of you seemed like a sensible lot but this thread alone has shown me that many of you hold some of the most sexist beliefs I have ever seen.

It's not the 1950s, grow up.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 11:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
There is also a strategic advantage that comes with "resolve". The conviction that your way of life and values are superior to others. As opposed to thinking that, sure, it's *ok* and I suppose... equivalent to any other, and being somewhat ambivalent about the way that it might evolve.
I strongly agree with this. I feel that a lack of resolve is a major factor in how our society is currently changing. But how do we go back to having conviction after the Vail has been lifted? I don't think we can, unless something brings us together while setting us apart from "others". Such events are usually undesirable.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:00 AM
recession proof

What's interesting is how some of youse attacked me for my observations re: multiculturalism, yet you're somewhat intolerant yourselves re: a somewhat fundamental Canadian value. Hmm.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
I don't understand why there is such an opposition to the idea that men and women have different types of intelligence? as a female I found that out half way into high school. To deny this is foolish.

It's evolutionary biology. There is a reason why men have a certain type of intelligence (in areas of critical thinking mostly) that most women do not.

I won't even type what I want to say next..
Without knowing fully your background, that seems a very North American-centric view. In China and Russia 40% of the engineers are women. What limits more women going into those fields could be everything from the way courses are framed by mostly male faculty, to the way things like mat leave are handled.

Yes, only women can have a baby, but that doesn't mean they are less intelligent than men. For thousands of years infant mortality has made babymaking a priority for women in most cultures. That paradigm has changed and people will evolve with that.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
I seriously expected better from this website, the most of you seemed like a sensible lot but this thread alone has shown me that many of you hold some of the most sexist beliefs I have ever seen.

It's not the 1950s, grow up.
Indeed. And most of it has little do with "right wing nativism", perhaps another thread should be created on gender equality!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:13 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Yes, just label people because they disagree with you. At least the other folks attempted to put up rational rebuddles. I can throw out accusations and name such as "racist", "ageist", "child molestor". But that would be just as dumb as what I just read.

Anyway, this is why I have contempt for regular folk, they're myopic and follow media-manipulated idiotic dogma. It's pointless wasting time on changing their closed minds, they just want validation of their pre-existing viewpoints to feel good about themselves and their insecure egos.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post

It's no mistake that the two most well know billionaires of the last decade are elon musk and mark zuckerberg both people who are 100 percent autistic.
Sorry I'm calling bullshit on this, do you have proof or is this just another one of those (nerds must be autistic) bullshit arguments made by the autism lobby?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:17 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
As the saying goes, Don't let the door hit ya....
So you're basically admitting you don't want reasoned debate as per my comment, and you want to live in your little feminist fantasy bubble where desirable women (by which I'm clearly not referring to Bcasey25raptor, whatever the hell that means) are attracted to girly-men who espouse feminism and like to self-castrate themselves at the alter of fat obnoxious man-haters.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:21 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
Sorry I'm calling bullshit on this, do you have proof or is this just another one of those (nerds must be autistic) bullshit arguments made by the autism lobby?
Mark Zuckerberg is obviously autistic, look at his body language and his speech. Jesus. Do you require a certificate of authenticity every time you bite into an apple?

Autistic guy:

Feminist:

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Mark Zuckerberg is obviously autistic, look at his body language and his speech. Jesus. Do you require a certificate of authenticity every time you bite into an apple?
No but I do need proof when someone is labeled autistic without evidence.

You can be a nerdy socially awkward individual and not be autistic, not every socially awkward individual is autistic.

Edit: Autism is the new ADHD anyway, most over diagnosed disorder of the 21st century, it is beyond dangerous to label people autistic for being socially awkward without proof. Those who label wealthy successful individuals as autistic have an agenda to make higher functioning autists feel better about their condition, been there, done that. I know far too many autistic individuals who were otherwise normal functioning human beings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada