HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 18, 2007, 2:28 AM
Love Austin

Cnu Xvi

Get the word out:

"The Congress for the New Urbanism will hit Austin next April, and we have a lot of work to do to make it the best Congress ever. Fellow sustainability crusaders: we want you. Come enjoy festive beverages while learning the opportunities to get involved. Meet your fellow urbanist cowboys and girls! Debate the proper marriage of green building and the transect! Proudly display your obsession with transportation! And help us make Austin greener and more walkable, a land flowing with structured parking and margaritas.

There to enlighten and dazzle you will be CNU Prez – John Norquist and other esteemed board members plus many of the local big-shots and small-shots working on the Congress (April 3-6, 2008) plus Councilman Brewster McCracken.

This is by no means an exclusive event, so please help us spread the word to your smartest and hardest working friends in the worlds of green building, sustainable architecture, and visionary land use. (We’ll take the good lookin’ slackers, too.)"

We will be meeting Thursday, October 18, from 5:30-7:30 at Lambert’s upstairs at 2nd and Guadalupe. Many more events are coming up soon. If you want to volunteer or get involved with CNU XVI please let me know.

Quick side note- I am looking for great pictures showing downtown residential in its best form. I’m looking for pictures showing residential buildings, people, natural settings and the like. If you have a pic that fits the bill please post it. Your pic may end up on the CNU website and you will be given credit for it.

Austin is incredible!

Old Posted Oct 18, 2007, 2:41 AM
Love Austin

Old Posted Oct 18, 2007, 3:03 AM
Meh

I can definitely help out with the photography part. Anyone who knows me, knows I look for any reason to take pictures downtown. lol

Thou shall not indict

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin