HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 4:00 AM

Wow!

Huge news for Related!
That should be two more 700 to 1000 ft towers for downtown Miami…..!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 5:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Miami 2020

Outlines some of the 10 billion worth in investment.

Video Link

========

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dZDgTfR-d4#t=220

Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 6:00 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Cohen Financial Secures $27.7M Construction Loan Miami Condo
========================

Miami, Fla.—Cohen Financial has secured a $27.7 million construction loan for BrickellHouse, a 46-story luxury condo property located at 1390 Brickell Ave. in Miami, Fla. The asset will feature 374 units and is one of the first large condo developments to start construction in the current cycle. There is certainly pent up demand considering that the building is substantially sold out.

“The lender was extremely responsive as they know the market well and were familiar with the asset,” says Daniel Sheehan, senior managing director at Cohen Financial. “This is an attractive property because the developer was far along in construction, had been on time and on budget, therefore, coupled with the low leverage, the loan was a very attractive investment for the lender, prompting them to act quickly. BrickellHouse has a first-mover advantage in the Brickell submarket, which has continued to strengthen since construction commenced.”

An institutional real estate debt fund providing the funding. Sheehan worked along with Eric McGlynn, director at Cohen Financial. The $170 million project is being developed by Newgard Development Group.
=============================================
http://www.multihousingnews.com/news...004094547.html

Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 6:05 PM

^ Jeez, I thought this one had been under construction for many months.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Yeah, it's over half way built.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 11:43 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Yea the 27 million was just another set of loans. To aid with the construction.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Oh Jesus! I'm at work right now. No more time or energy for this. Enjoy the pics. They will be the last you see from me directly. I only came over here this evening because SSC had gone down temporarily. I was only coming here to photo update the thread. Now that's no longer worth it. I didn't feel a need to be more direct since I was talking to Dale anyway. I've told Bobdreamz to stop copying my pics to this website.

Not anymore!
Q, I have properly credited your pic now. It was probably an oversight since I usually credit all of the pics I post from other photographers especially you since we interact more at SSC. I never intended to take credit for the pic.
Anyways apologies for the oversight & see you over at SSC.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 5:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You mean you don't know that's one of my pics?
Quote:
OMG! Have you lost your mind? Yes, the photo Bob posted is mine and I could have posted it here weeks ago if I had any enthusiasm about participating in this thread. Unfortunately, because of people like you, it is no great pleasure for me to come to SkyscraperPage. I asked Dale what I asked him because he also participates in the Miami forum of SSC where Bobdreamz copied the photo from and thought Dale would have recognized it and said something to that effect.
Quote:
When I said to Dale "You mean you don't know that's one of my pics," I was essentially saying it was, so why you didn't get that and your mind went in the direction that it did and I had to endure all that is beyond me.
Quote:
Oh Jesus! I'm at work right now. No more time or energy for this. Enjoy the pics. They will be the last you see from me directly. I only came over here this evening because SSC had gone down temporarily. I was only coming here to photo update the thread. Now that's no longer worth it. I didn't feel a need to be more direct since I was talking to Dale anyway. I've told Bobdreamz to stop copying my pics to this website.

Not anymore!
Quote:
Thumbs down Gone altogether now!
Yet again, we get these threats that he will never return to SSP from QuantumX. What is this... the third, maybe fourth, time he's done this? I said it well over a year ago when he threatened us with his departure the first time, and I'll say it again... what a nipple that guy is. Last time he threatened, he wasn't able to grasp my obvious sarcasm pleading with him to stay, and instead interpreted it as praise.

Let us hope he has not made an empty promise once again, and stays away for good now. There are plenty of Miami development photos all over the web... and they don't come with the huge side of bitchiness and massive inferiority complex that QuantumX serves up.

Seriously, this Miami thread has devolved into a sad state of stupidity since he came around. Where there used to be intelligent discussions, there is now embarrassing ignorance and idiocy.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Dick View Post
Yet again, we get these threats that he will never return to SSP from QuantumX. What is this... the third, maybe fourth, time he's done this? I said it well over a year ago when he threatened us with his departure the first time, and I'll say it again... what a nipple that guy is. Last time he threatened, he wasn't able to grasp my obvious sarcasm pleading with him to stay, and instead interpreted it as praise.

Let us hope he has not made an empty promise once again, and stays away for good now. There are plenty of Miami development photos all over the web... and they don't come with the huge side of bitchiness and massive inferiority complex that QuantumX serves up.

Seriously, this Miami thread has devolved into a sad state of stupidity since he came around. Where there used to be intelligent discussions, there is now embarrassing ignorance and idiocy.
I think we both know the poster responsible for most of the silliness in here is not QuantumX (see posts referencing smoothness sexyness and DOWN WITH THE FAA!!!). In his defense you wont find many posters in many cities with the dedication to take the shear amount of pictures (getting in planes and into who knows how many buildings for new vantage points) to chronicle a city's boom.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 10:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
I think we both know the poster responsible for most of the silliness in here is not QuantumX (see posts referencing smoothness sexyness and DOWN WITH THE FAA!!!). In his defense you wont find many posters in many cities with the dedication to take the shear amount of pictures (getting in planes and into who knows how many buildings for new vantage points) to chronicle a city's boom.
I completely agree.

QuantumX is not responsible for most of the silliness... but he is responsible for bizarre, pitiful, and misguided internet bitchiness. It's pathetic and annoying.

If he's interested in nothing more than documenting Miami's rapid development on here through via his photography (which is much appreciated), then he should post his nice photos and shut the hell up and stop looking for affirmation and attention -- acting like he's been seriously wronged if the only acknowledgement he gets from fellow forumers is "nice photos, thanks!".

He's already "threatened" to leave once this year because no one was talking about how great a recent set of his photos were and instead had the audacity to conduct a discussion that didn't mention his interspersed photos (of which he's posted hundreds of and has received numerous thank yous and comments on).

If he wants to leave, fine. The photos aren't worth all the ex-girlfriend-like drama BS.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 2:16 AM
life is good

Quote:
Last time he threatened, he wasn't able to grasp my obvious sarcasm pleading with him to stay, and instead interpreted it as praise.
That was hilarious!

That said, dude is a good poster. His photos are incredible.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 2:24 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Thanks, Dave!

Quote:

Quote:
I completely agree.

QuantumX is not responsible for most of the silliness... but he is responsible for bizarre, pitiful, and misguided internet bitchiness. It's pathetic and annoying.

If he's interested in nothing more than documenting Miami's rapid development on here through via his photography (which is much appreciated), then he should post his nice photos and shut the hell up and stop looking for affirmation and attention -- acting like he's been seriously wronged if the only acknowledgement he gets from fellow forumers is "nice photos, thanks!".

He's already "threatened" to leave once this year because no one was talking about how great a recent set of his photos were and instead had the audacity to conduct a discussion that didn't mention his interspersed photos (of which he's posted hundreds of and has received numerous thank yous and comments on).

If he wants to leave, fine. The photos aren't worth all the ex-girlfriend-like drama BS.
I'm sorry! Maybe it's my stage 4 prostate cancer and the fact that only 28% of men with my diagnosed live beyond five years, and I'm in my second year and have already failed my first line of treatment. Maybe the "bitchiness" and "ex-girlfriend-like" behavior come from the fact that I have no testosterone and have to live my life without male hormones because that is what fuels the cancer. Maybe it's the fact that I won't live to see a lot of the great new skyscraper architecture that's coming to Miami, let alone shoot it. I will certainly live longer if I cut SSP lose altogether. I won't even be looking in to see if anybody has anything to say to all this.
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 2:29 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
That said, dude is a good poster. His photos are incredible.
Thanks! I just noticed you posted this while I was working on my last post.
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Dave!

I'm sorry! Maybe it's my stage 4 prostate cancer and the fact that only 28% of men with my diagnosed live beyond five years, and I'm in my second year and have already failed my first line of treatment. Maybe the "bitchiness" and "ex-girlfriend-like" behavior come from the fact that I have no testosterone and have to live my life without male hormones because that is what fuels the cancer. Maybe it's the fact that I won't live to see a lot of the great new skyscraper architecture that's coming to Miami, let alone shoot it. I will certainly live longer if I cut SSP lose altogether. I won't even be looking in to see if anybody has anything to say to all this.
You need to think positive and think you are going to be in the 28% of men diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer that live beyond five years. I like your pictures. Happy Holidays!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 3:59 AM
life is good

Really sorry to hear that Q. Keep ya head up

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 3:16 PM
She needs her space

Quote:
Thanks, Dave!

I mean...sorry? Kind of an awkward and unsympathetic way to drop this bomb on everyone...but wouldn't expect anything less at this point.

Honestly, unless taking pictures for everyone else's pleasure is your favored way to potentially live out the remainder of your life, I would be out livin it up. Traveling and giving and receiving love from the ones that matter in your life. I can only think of what I'd be doing in my potential last days, but it wouldn't be taking, editing, and posting pictures on skyscraper boards, and catching so many feelings right and left!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 3:00 PM
BANNED

QuantumX, we all appreciate your work to document the development in Miami, and provide the forum with up-to-date photo documentation of it. No one else on here does what you do.

All I'm saying is that you don't have to get so bent out of shape if someone doesn't comment and thank you for each set of photos you upload or forget to credit one of your photos in the thread... and then threaten to leave the forum and take your talents elsewhere each time a perceived slight happens.

Just quit threatening to leave... everyone appreciates the photos you provide.

And, I wish you nothing but good health.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 7:52 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Tall, Thin Tower Proposed For 'Big Fish' On Miami River

An extremely tall and incredibly narrow condo designed by architect Luis Revuelta has been proposed for a sliver of land on the Miami River known as the Big Fish after the seafood restaurant that was once there. Although the project is called The Edge On Brickell, if the tower, which is going through the approval process, is built, we think the name Big Fish might stick.
Images published by exMiami show a vaunted ground floor with tall bank windows and the tower rising cleanly to 604 feet or 55 floors. The 130-unit building would have a robotic parking garage on floors two through nine and an open amenity deck on the 10th floor.
=================================
http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...iami-river.php

IMAGES FOR TOWER -----> http://exmiami.org/index.php/tall-sk...edge-brickell/
Thursday, December 12, 2013, by Emily Schmall
=====================

Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 8:27 PM
testify

Quote:
I'm sorry! Maybe it's my stage 4 prostate cancer and the fact that only 28% of men with my diagnosed live beyond five years, and I'm in my second year and have already failed my first line of treatment. Maybe the "bitchiness" and "ex-girlfriend-like" behavior come from the fact that I have no testosterone and have to live my life without male hormones because that is what fuels the cancer. Maybe it's the fact that I won't live to see a lot of the great new skyscraper architecture that's coming to Miami, let alone shoot it.
very sad to hear this

Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Tall, Thin Tower Proposed For 'Big Fish' On Miami River

An extremely tall and incredibly narrow condo designed by architect Luis Revuelta has been proposed for a sliver of land on the Miami River known as the Big Fish after the seafood restaurant that was once there. Although the project is called The Edge On Brickell, if the tower, which is going through the approval process, is built, we think the name Big Fish might stick.
Images published by exMiami show a vaunted ground floor with tall bank windows and the tower rising cleanly to 604 feet or 55 floors. The 130-unit building would have a robotic parking garage on floors two through nine and an open amenity deck on the 10th floor.
=================================
http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...iami-river.php

IMAGES FOR TOWER -----> http://exmiami.org/index.php/tall-sk...edge-brickell/
Thursday, December 12, 2013, by Emily Schmall
=====================
Ugly tower, I hope it will never get built.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations