HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 12:23 AM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Okay, at least the confirmation we've been waiting for.
Confirmation that there is at least a proposal for a tower. Because there is no first person confirmation, I edited my post a little to stick with what we know publicly. I will wait for more solid info before I post height and floors although I have some hints.

After all, the internet is no place for rumors...

For those that don't want to go back a page to see what we are talking about...
Quote:
Proposed 650 ft. tall Residential Tower reported for downtown location.

Per the NASHVILLE POST!

Quote:
Giarratana said he is not ready to discuss details of the skyscraper that would rise from what was Metro’s first pocket parkHowever, he has said in the past he would like to develop a tower of at least 650 feet, and insiders feel the skyscraper, if it materializes, could reach 750 feet tall.
Giarratana and Metro officials are discussing a land deal that would see Giarratana Nashville LLC develop a tower of an undisclosed height at the city’s Church Street Park site between Sixth Avenue and Anne Dallas Dudley Boulevard
(Capitol Blvd.) (END QUOTE)

It's very early in the process, so there are no hard plans or rendering, but the location is on Church Street across from the Library and will be located on the small pocket park and adjacent building. The park is a gathering place for many of Nashville's homeless, so they will be displaced. Part of the agreement to take over the property involves development of an 8 story homeless shelter and affordable worker housing by the tower developer. There are a few other financial considerations totaling at least $5 million for improvements to other properties.

I knew about the scope and location of this for a while, but was sworn to secrecy. It's public now. Been waiting to post these for a while....hint; it's the tall one. Pics include other (suddenly boring) proposals.

Disclaimer, this is my own personal power point fantasy sketch and I have no knowledge of the look and ultimate height of the proposal.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 26, 2018 at 2:29 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 1:05 AM

^Sounds great! Maybe Giarratana could bring back the Signature Tower Proposal.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:59 PM

We need a beautiful and innovative tower

Nashville desperately needs a truly signature 700-800 foot tower for the skyline to bloom. Right now, aside from the AT and T building, we are rather boxy and uninspired. And to build on that pun...perhaps a striking modern spire with color? Come on Tony...make your vision become reality!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 4:38 PM

Last edited by skylinewatcher615; Apr 26, 2018 at 4:42 PM. Reason: incorrect picture link

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinewatcher615 View Post
Nashville desperately needs a truly signature 700-800 foot tower for the skyline to bloom. Right now, aside from the AT and T building, we are rather boxy and uninspired. And to build on that pun...perhaps a striking modern spire with color? Come on Tony...make your vision become reality!
I couldn't agree with you more. Tony experimented with 505 and it has passed the test. Nashville didn't crumble with a building over 35 stories. The world didn't stop rotating. And, life as we know it here on Jupiter continues....

So, Tony reach deep for this one. Do something intriguing and out-of-the-box not only for Nashville. If you feel you must stay with a box, then do an 800 footer that is unique like this .... at least it would give the box an out-of -the-box look...

Or... do a box on one side and curve on the other for this type of look....

Although I think that look would be better in SoBro, the Gulch or in Mid-town just off of I-40 than on Church Street. Unless it was in The Yards off of Church Street.

I would say this one too with a modified top so that I doesn't mimic the Batman Bldg.... LOL

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 9:32 PM

This is how a potential 750 footer would compare to other existing and proposed towers over 400'.
Proposed are in hash marks.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 9:36 PM

I like this newest project on here. MidTenn 1 great graphics as usual! But I doubt Mr G will build another tower that looks like 505. Sir Pillow I agree with you about the next tower needs to be interesting.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 9:39 PM

MidTenn,

What are the odds on all that getting built? I have my doubts about Buckingham 38 story.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinewatcher615 View Post

This is just plain asinine. Nashville is the least boxy of any city in the country. Not that there's anything wrong with a box as that is the most cost effective way to get a building built.

The following buildings are not boxes and certainly not uninspired:
One Nashville Place
The Pinnacle
The Sobro
JW Marriott
1801 West End
Bridgestone
L&C Tower
Fifth Third
Nashville City Center

It makes you wonder why someone would post something that is easily refutable like this.

Last edited by cecilism; Apr 27, 2018 at 12:07 AM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
MidTenn,

What are the odds on all that getting built? I have my doubts about Buckingham 38 story.
I think the bigger question is actually how long will it take for these projects to get built. The B'ham in the Gulch is probably the least likely to get built in my opinion. Though I hope I'm wrong on that. It just seems like the idea has been placed on ice indefinitely. I'm also feeling a bit uncertain about 1st Ave Condos/Hotel. Especially since construction is starting on the first phase of the MDHA granted development between KVB and Rolling Mill Hill. I have a feeling the 1st Ave project may go the way of the south SoBro project that came on its shirt tail. We've already seen it get scaled down to one tower.

The Nashville Yards project will probably be the most likely to get built simply because they seem to have the most vested into developing the property. However, I do suspect that we may see some scaled down version of some of their proposals. Especially if other proposals move forward. And, that's the key issue for any proposals on the table. How many of them can be built simultaneously versus those that prefer waiting to see what the market will support.

Also, keep in mind that the WES site has finally been sold and that developer seems to be one who will want to put something there that makes a statement, so I can see another 400+ proposal coming on the table in the latter part of 2018 or early 2019. Of course that too will depend on announced starts of existing proposals.

For now, I'm not going to get overly excited about the prospect of Tony G building a 750 footer. I welcome the possibility. But, we could be looking at 5-10 years before anything, if anything happens at all. How many years did it take for 505 to finally break ground from the first initial announcement of Signature Tower? And, keep in mind the first plan did not look like the Signature Tower that everyone eventually raved about.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
MidTenn,

I would 'guess' 50/50 based on the time it took to get the massive Aertson project started after getting city approvals. I don't know how fast it is filling up. That may be the source of delay.

The Gulch proposal was approved for additional height a little over a year ago, however it has been reported that the approvals have expired by now. The developers have said there would be no start anytime soon, but gave no reason. They seem to have great portfolio and get things done.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 3:07 AM

One proposed project takes a step forward....

ONE KVB CIRCLE has signed up a significant tenant according to the Nashville Post and others.

The reports say the Baker Donelson law firm has signed a lease to occupy 22% of the building. Their current lease elsewhere expires in 2020, so they must feel the construction start is impending

If this starts rising soon, it will join two other downtown/Gulch office buildings rising and scheduled; the 26 story 501 Commerce and the 20 story 12th & Demonbruen in the Gulch. And there are two and maybe three large corporations looking for significant office space in a self named building; the Dutch Philips Corporation (Medical Industries) and Hankook Tires American HQ. The Alliance Bernstein Company is looking at Nashville as a possible HQ and would bring a thousand employees into play.

There are strong rumors of another major company wishing to make a large presence in Nashville, largeness still to be determined. This could turn out to be an interesting year.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 28, 2018 at 3:31 AM.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 9:00 PM

Tony G.

Not sure of the value of this information. Emporis has added a proposed 650 Ft, Tony G residential building at 600 Church Street.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 10:08 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Not sure of the value of this information. Emporis has added a proposed 650 Ft, Tony G residential building at 600 Church Street.
That means absolutely nothing. It will be some time before a tower of that size is built here.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2018, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
That means absolutely nothing. It will be some time before a tower of that size is built here.
True.

Before the city will allow the tower to be built in the pocket park across from the Library, a Homeless Services Center has to be constructed across downtown near the City Hall. The park has become a gathering place for much of Nashville's homeless as they use the Library's facilities during the day while sleeping in the park.

I would assume this could take a couple of years to complete and open the Homeless Services facility.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2018, 1:55 PM

The 20 story Kennect Apartments project in Midtown is showing signs of significant progress towards the beginning of construction.

Core drilling was recently observed on the property about two blocks from Music Row and now barriers and fencing have gone up and grading has started. No official announcement has been made nor has a final rendering been released other than a massing diagram.

This is claimed to be the second largest apartment development in the city per developers. At 238 ft, the building will add significant urban density to the ever growing Midtown district of Nashville.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 1:41 PM

Is Kenect the project that is supposed to have a grocery store and possibly other retail at it's base? Seems I remember there being a proposal for such a project in that area.

I guess I understand why so much of the development in mid-town is over near the Music Row area. But, I really wish more was taking place between Charlotte and Broadway/West End. I'd love to see at least 3-5 buildings ranging in heights of 15, 20, 25 stories in that area. Maybe when the new owner of the WES site announce their plans and start construction, we'll see more happening in that area of mid-town. Of course I still want to see all of the auto dealerships gone from Broadway.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Is Kenect the project that is supposed to have a grocery store and possibly other retail at it's base? Seems I remember there being a proposal for such a project in that area.
The developers have released a formal rendering today.

I don't know about a grocery store. There had been one proposed for the 'now kaput' Elmington Capital project a few blocks away and a Whole Foods is to go in the 26 story Endeavor Apartments on Broadway about eight blocks away.

And this neighborhood is indeed getting some density, with much development from 5 to 10 stories up to 20 stories on every block.

Last edited by MidTenn1; May 1, 2018 at 2:09 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 11:14 PM

AllianceBernstein coming to Nashville

per just about everybody, including the Wall Street Journal.

Quote:
One of the oldest names on Wall Street is moving to one of the fastest-growing cities in the South, reinforcing a recent shift in finance jobs to cheaper parts of the U.S.
AllianceBernstein Holding LP plans to relocate its headquarters, chief executive and most of its New York staff to Nashville, Tenn., in an attempt to cut costs, according to people familiar with the matter. That largely ends a 51-year presence in the nation’s traditional finance capital.

AllianceBernstein, which manages $550 billion in assets, considered as many as 30 cities as part of its search, according to part of an internal memo seen by the Journal, and analyzed factors such as housing, education, weather and cost of living.
Big get!!!

AB is comming to Nashville. The WSJ said so!! But where they go is just an educated guess and the 5th+BROAD project is the focus of attention for right now. Earlier reports mentioned as many as 1,000 jobs would be relocated.

EDIT; From the Nashville Post....

Quote:
In the memo to his colleagues, [CEO Seth} Bernstein noted Nashville was the “clear winner” of the 30 cities considered. The company considered housing, education, cultural amenities, weather, cost of living, business-friendliness, ability to source talent both locally and nationwide, and diversity/inclusion. He cited Nashville’s manageable commute times and its status as a “magnet city” to which talent is willing to move.

Last edited by MidTenn1; May 2, 2018 at 12:38 AM.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Confirmation that there is at least a proposal for a tower. Because there is no first person confirmation, I edited my post a little to stick with what we know publicly. I will wait for more solid info before I post height and floors although I have some hints.

After all, the internet is no place for rumors...

For those that don't want to go back a page to see what we are talking about...
I definitely like Nash, but it is extremely boring boxy,,,

Atlanta not boxy..

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clayco/scadatlanta

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations