HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 3:48 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's STOCKHOLM Adventure [13] Streets, Architecture, Infrastructure

Although it was only mid-May, the sun still didn't set at around 10pm when I took this picture.

I like the design of these lights .. very practical.

Now for some traditional elements :

Even the phone booths are clean!

My neck hurts after a trip to Europe. I have to look up and around wherever I go to capture the details.

They're off to some place.

These low to mid-rises make the street more comfortable, as you are not surrounded by huge towers that block the light to the street.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Looks to me like the sun had set when you took the first pic. It just doesn't get much darker than that 'round midsummer Otoh, the reverse is true now, 5 hours of daylight...

the lights may be practical, but the building behind... ugh, multi-storey parking looks so ugly. Not many left tho
http://www.globalphotos.org/stockhol...5/IMG_7134.jpg

The infil going up here is already a couple of floors tall (won't get much taller than the rest of the neighbourhood). One of the best infills in Sthlm in the last few years IMO, from unused plots by the mainline railtracks to urban streetwall
http://www.globalphotos.org/stockhol...5/IMG_7155.jpg
EDIT: recent pic of that site, taken by GoSatta of SSC:
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Last edited by Swede; Dec 22, 2006 at 3:40 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos