HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 6:23 PM

The Skyline with 1WTC from the the parking garage on the roof of the MetroMall in Metropolitan Ave. Middle Village, Queens.

Scenic overlook por Hobo Matt, en Flickr

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 7:26 PM

Great photos CCs77 love these angles of 1 World Trade Center from this part of Queens!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 8:11 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

wow what an awesome photo -- and i was just wondering about the view from this area lately!!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 8:36 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 9:35 PM

WOW. Look at the glass go!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 9:36 PM

My video shot not long ago today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BMO3fkVR8

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 10:09 PM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 11:00 PM

I noticed in this rendering of the mast, that some of the top sections have a more aesthetically-pleasing white covering over them. It is somewhat reminiscent of the North Tower's antenna. Are they actually gonna implement that? If so, that will be a very good thing!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 11:37 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ good question. and the rings dont have the balls whatchamacallits in them either?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
^ good question. and the rings dont have the balls whatchamacallits in them either?
Umm, that is broadcast equipment. That will be added and pointed in the directions that the broadcasters desire. The watchmacallits were never an architectural element like some people seem to believe.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 12:16 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
Umm, that is broadcast equipment. That will be added and pointed in the directions that the broadcasters desire. The watchmacallits were never an architectural element like some people seem to believe.
umm thanks yeah so is the mast fyi.

i was just noticing they were present in the older render, but not in the newer. its as much of a minor mystery as the white sections of the mast. maybe someone who knows something about it can explain.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENSNYMAN View Post
Great photos CCs77 love these angles of 1 World Trade Center from this part of Queens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
wow what an awesome photo -- and i was just wondering about the view from this area lately!!
Glad you like it

Another one, but this time from Manhattan itself, it was taken a month ago.
Icarus Plaza at BMCC

Icarus Plaza por Hobo Matt, en Flickr

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 1:14 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post

1 & 4 WTC by drken10003, on Flickr

1 WTC by drken10003, on Flickr
So correct me if i'm wrong,, 1 more "single spire" piece, then the finale the "double with the rocket beacon? Correct? So that erected was piece 314? next will be 315, which is laying on roof, then the double, longer rocket/slash long spire piece already connected, that's still on street. Is that accurate. Oh by the way sweet close ups Hunser!!! Current height is actually 1 foot less than Taipei 101? Incredible..

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 1:29 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCrules View Post
carl derrick

Digi Hank

Progress has been really significant!!!

cpohi3

Great work NYCrulz, you're becoming a top seed around here, I just wanna ask you why do they apply this spire in such an unorthodox way, seemed like 314 was laying on the roof a week or 2 ago, they pull up 315,(lay that on the roof?) from street (I beleive),, did they lay that piece #315, down on the roof, and assemble 314, or was that the last and final normal part, before the double, or was today's the last section, and they added that right away, and if that's, the last piece before the double piece, or maybe they constructed 315 and maybe 314 is still on the roof to me,, I'm dumbfounded, I thought there was another single piece to have set,, is it possibe they lifted (THE FINAL) #315 2 weeks ago, set it down on the roof. Then constructed spire # 314 today and applied it?? Anybody have any explanations.. I'm quite confused because I though there were "now" 3 pieces left, 1 normal size, then the double top-off? Help needed.. Sorry so confusing, bottom line is there 1 more than the double? Equalling 3 more pieces, we all know the top and it's under piece are connected, so I'm calling it double.

Last edited by bigreach; Apr 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 4:10 AM

Can someone tell me why a few of the window panes on 1WTC and 4WTC are completely transparent and not tinted blue like the others?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 4:37 AM

Looks like they need to raise the crane.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
Can someone tell me why a few of the window panes on 1WTC and 4WTC are completely transparent and not tinted blue like the others?
It has no color. It's only reflecting the color of the sky.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 6:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENSNYMAN View Post
My video shot not long ago today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BMO3fkVR8
love your videos!!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Great work NYCrulz, you're becoming a top seed around here, I just wanna ask you why do they apply this spire in such an unorthodox way, seemed like 314 was laying on the roof a week or 2 ago, they pull up 315,(lay that on the roof?) from street (I beleive),, did they lay that piece #315, down on the roof, and assemble 314, or was that the last and final normal part, before the double, or was today's the last section, and they added that right away, and if that's, the last piece before the double piece, or maybe they constructed 315 and maybe 314 is still on the roof to me,, I'm dumbfounded, I thought there was another single piece to have set,, is it possibe they lifted (THE FINAL) #315 2 weeks ago, set it down on the roof. Then constructed spire # 314 today and applied it?? Anybody have any explanations.. I'm quite confused because I though there were "now" 3 pieces left, 1 normal size, then the double top-off? Help needed.. Sorry so confusing, bottom line is there 1 more than the double? Equalling 3 more pieces, we all know the top and it's under piece are connected, so I'm calling it double.
There is still one more single piece before the double section. I'm not sure if they have hoisted it to the roof yet or not. I would probably say since it's such a large piece that it is probably still on the ground.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrolla View Post
love your videos!!
Thank you

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive