HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Lower section. Upper section looks the same, hopefully they'll at least clean it.
And maybe paint it...There's no indication that they'll replace it on any of the buildings. That said, the buildings that actual have cladding (the Health Partners building in the middle does not) are the buildings that can support towers. If there is a Phase II that adds them, it would great to see it reclad then. I still doubt it.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 7:00 PM

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 7:39 PM
BANNED

More work on the frames for the signage on the main building going on today. Seems like signage on the other building is done.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
More work on the frames for the signage on the main building going on today. Seems like signage on the other building is done.

Com'on photo journalists , I'm salivating over here . Time for another video up-date .

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 12:37 PM
BANNED

they are placing the precast floor planks in for the second tower today

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 2:03 PM
Philly Pholly

Some update pics would be great. Very curious

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Some update pics would be great. Very curious
You can get update pics from above every few minutes:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/NREA/Eastmarket

Right now, they're finishing the installation of the precast concrete planks of the floor plate for the 3rd floor of the tower.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
You can get update pics from above every few minutes:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/NREA/Eastmarket

Right now, they're finishing the installation of the precast concrete planks of the floor plate for the 3rd floor of the tower.

Thanks Philly Fan ........

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 3:45 PM
Philly Pholly

Thanks Philly Fan. I'd like to see how the base is coming together.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 12:00 AM

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 1:59 AM
Philly Pholly

good shot

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 12:27 PM
BANNED

I thought the first building was going to be open for business summer 2017- that isn't looking too likely any more. A lot of work remaining on those lower retail floors.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I thought the first building was going to be open for business summer 2017- that isn't looking too likely any more. A lot of work remaining on those lower retail floors.
Yeah maybe that's why tutor perini didn't get the contract for the 2nd tower

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Yeah maybe that's why tutor perini didn't get the contract for the 2nd tower
Also, that tower looks to be much easier to construct than tower 1. It's essentially half the size.

I think this will move quick.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 5:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Also, that tower looks to be much easier to construct than tower 1. It's essentially half the size.

I think this will move quick.
I think the vertical part of tower 1 went reasonably fast. The issue is how long it's taken to get done from the point of being topped out. The ground level spaces are still mostly shells. The exterior glass and doors still aren't done. No sidewalk repairs have been done on the Market st side and the area in between the two buildings is still just metal decking, etc.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 11:59 AM

Retail collapse?

Do we know any retail moving into tower one? Not to be too snarky, but with online shopping and Amazon, maybe it should be a mix of Amazon pickup locker, UPS store, FedEx and a US post office.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 12:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacevator View Post
Do we know any retail moving into tower one? Not to be too snarky, but with online shopping and Amazon, maybe it should be a mix of Amazon pickup locker, UPS store, FedEx and a US post office.
very little. I believe a furniture store has been announced. All recent announcements have focused on the second tower which is strange.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacevator View Post
Wasn't Iron Hill also in the first tower? I would expect both of those business to take up a significant amount of space. Total we have: Wawa, City Fitness, The furniture store, Iron Hill, and Mom's.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
Wasn't Iron Hill also in the first tower? I would expect both of those business to take up a significant amount of space. Total we have: Wawa, City Fitness, The furniture store, Iron Hill, and Mom's.
Design Within Reach was announced for the first tower about 18 months ago. It remains the only announced tenant for the first tower, and nothing has been said about it since, so we can only hope they remain committed to the project. The location is not listed on DWR's website, nor can I readily find any job postings related to it. Don't know if that means it's fallen through or if we're even farther out from an opening date than anticipated. Here is the original press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300229444.html

Wawa, Iron Hill, and City Fitness are all in the second tower. As I've stated before, this means that the Market Street facing side of the first tower remains uncommitted (on both the first and second floors), as does the space facing Iron Hill along what they are calling Chestnut Walk.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 6:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Design Within Reach was announced for the first tower about 18 months ago. It remains the only announced tenant for the first tower, and nothing has been said about it since, so we can only hope they remain committed to the project. The location is not listed on DWR's website, nor can I readily find any job postings related to it. Don't know if that means it's fallen through or if we're even farther out from an opening date than anticipated. Here is the original press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300229444.html

Wawa, Iron Hill, and City Fitness are all in the second tower. As I've stated before, this means that the Market Street facing side of the first tower remains uncommitted (on both the first and second floors), as does the space facing Iron Hill along what they are calling Chestnut Walk.
pretty amazing considering where we are in this project

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive