HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
There are heavy rumors of it being a tech company with lots of $ taking that corner location. There's a potential of it being an Apple store, or maybe something else.
Really? Very interesting. What are the zoning regulations around there? Hard to imagine an Apple store in that spot, but I suppose anything is possible.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 1:53 PM
I ♥ NY

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourn...ealed-for.html
Quote:
Giant investor, luxury 1 Hotel revealed for Nashville high-rise project

By Adam Sichko – Senior Reporter, Nashville Business Journal
Apr 2, 2019, 6:33pm EDT

A trio of investors, including a hotel-industry icon and private-equity giant, formally announced the new scope of their two-tower development Tuesday across the street from downtown Nashville's Music City Center convention hall.

Construction is already underway at the intersection of Demonbreun Street and Eighth Avenue South, teeing up a project that will involve a 30-story Embassy Suites and an 18-story luxury 1 Hotel. The latter is a brand created by billionaire Barry Sternlicht, of Starwood Capital Group, a global investment fund focused on real estate, hotels and energy.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Presumably, the proposed Hilton Curio tower (now the 1 HOTEL Tower) will not change much as shown here.

The other tower is the 30 story Embassy Suites.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 3:37 PM
I ♥ NY

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...financing.html
Quote:
Mitsubishi-backed tower project lands financing

By Adam Sichko – Senior Reporter, Nashville Business Journal
Apr 2, 2019, 10:18am CDT

The developers of a tower on Midtown's West End Avenue have secured the financing needed to build their apartment project.

Newly filed public records reveal a $68.3 million construction loan for the 25-story development at 2004-2012 West End Ave. Chicago-based CA Ventures is developing the 360-unit tower, alongside Diamond Realty Investments Inc., which is the real estate investment arm of Japanese conglomerate Mitsubishi Corp.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 4:08 PM

Quote:
That's good to hear. I was just wondering about that project a few days ago. That project will really enhance the West End corridor. I have a feeling that from Broadway at I-40 westward to 21st Ave. will someday be a stretch of buildings that range from 15 to 30 stories. I can see surrounding streets between Broadway/West End north to Charlotte Pike being developed with a mix of 5 to 25 story buildings. At least I can hope for that to happen...

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 7:19 PM

Quote:
For reference...

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 7:43 PM

Midtown development approved (tentatively) by Metro Council. From the Tennessean....

Quote:
A long-disputed development plan for a pair of West End towers won tentative approval by Metro Council just hours after neighborhood groups hashed out an agreement with the developer on Tuesday night.
The original proposal received considerable blowback from local neighborhood groups as the development is to be located on the westernmost area of Midtown where residential sections border. This diagram, while fairly recent, has not been updated to show the agreed changes (slightly reduced height, more trees, etc.).

The tentatively part of this....
Quote:
However, Cavallo and other local residents said they would concede if GBT returns to council for the third and final reading with an amended plan. That compromise includes reduced building heights to a maximum of 154 feet, muted glass reflectivity, added trees and curbs to the nearby greenway, and free parking for the first year of operation, among other things.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 9:26 PM

Some nice new renderings of the ONE22ONE project proposed for 12th and Broadway. From LoopNet...

The building could go up to 27 stories and 400 ft. as stated in previous posts.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
That's good to hear. I was just wondering about that project a few days ago. That project will really enhance the West End corridor. I have a feeling that from Broadway at I-40 westward to 21st Ave. will someday be a stretch of buildings that range from 15 to 30 stories. I can see surrounding streets between Broadway/West End north to Charlotte Pike being developed with a mix of 5 to 25 story buildings. At least I can hope for that to happen...
A couple of years ago, I would drive down Broadway/West End and wonder why the building boom had missed this, the main artery of the city.

No need to wonder anymore....this is what's currently underway....

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 7:44 PM

How far along is the Vanderbilt high-rise dorm?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
The dorm section is at six stories up, they're topped out. I think the tower part is about to start construction. I can't wait to see how it turns out, I think this is my favorite thing under construction here right now.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
A couple of years ago, I would drive down Broadway/West End and wonder why the building boom had missed this, the main artery of the city.

No need to wonder anymore....this is what's currently underway....
Now if developers could just get White Castles, Beaman Automotive and other auto dealers to relocate. That land is prime for major development.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 10:28 PM

Well, Boogity, boogity. This came out of nowhere although there has been some discussion about bringing NASCAR back to the Fairgrounds in Nashville.

This has to be legitimate with the Populous logo and the soccer stadium with associated mixed-use development.

The Fairgrounds race track is a 5/8ths mile course which once held NASCAR Cup races maybe 40+ years ago. It still holds local racing events on Saturday nights in the summer. This could be pulled off, I fully believe. The annual awards show has already been moved to Nashville.

I don't have any details, but I will pass them on as soon as more is known about it.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Well, Boogity, boogity. This came out of nowhere although there has been some discussion about bringing NASCAR back to the Fairgrounds in Nashville.

This has to be legitimate with the Populous logo and the soccer stadium with associated mixed-use development.

The Fairgrounds race track is a 5/8ths mile course which once held NASCAR Cup races maybe 40+ years ago. It still holds local racing events on Saturday nights in the summer. This could be pulled off, I fully believe. The annual awards show has already been moved to Nashville.

I don't have any details, but I will pass them on as soon as more is known about it.

I'm not a auto racing fan, but I can certainly see how bringing NASCAR back to Nashville could be a big draw. Of course I still don't understand why the Super Speedway track in Lebanon was unsuccessful. That was supposed to be the rebirth of NASCAR in the Nashville area when it was built 2001.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I'm not a auto racing fan, but I can certainly see how bringing NASCAR back to Nashville could be a big draw. Of course I still don't understand why the Super Speedway track in Lebanon was unsuccessful. That was supposed to be the rebirth of NASCAR in the Nashville area when it was built 2001.
I don't think NASCAR was ready when it was built. But with declining attendance all around, a 30,000 crowd on a Saturday night watching Cup races at the Fairgrounds in Nashville maybe just the exposure they need.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 4:16 PM

And this is cool!! Nashville cool!! My card....

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 11, 2019 at 4:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 1:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
From yesterday....

The second crane (behind the nearest) marks the site of the 20 story residential tower.

The 14 story 'Commie Block' dorms will begin demolition next year.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 6:40 PM

Cleaning out the desk....another proposal for Wedgewood-Houston (WeHo). It may be a preliminary proposal, but it looks good to go for me. They plan to relocate the old guitar shaped scoreboard from Greer Stadium Ballpark, a block away, which is currently undergoing demolition. The development will be caddy corner to the May Hosiery rehab mentioned a few pages earlier.
I hope this gets built.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 5:40 AM

It's still a couple of weeks away, but the main stage for the 2019 NFL draft is taking shape....my pictures from Sunday afternoon....(except for the interior picture of the symphony hall) <<edit

The huge stage will face Broadway and will host the announcement of various picks by the Commissioner. The long tent like structure is apparently for green rooms and tv production control rooms.

The finished product will look like this....

The Schermerhorn Symphony Hall will serve as the place where the phone calls with the picks are received.

And there will be an events center for fan participation on the east bank of the river...

The site of the soon to break ground, 40 story, 4 Seasons Hotel and Residences is being used for temporary staging of production equipment..

And this picture of the crowds downtown on a Sunday afternoon in April.

The 5th+Broadway project is rising in the background where the two cranes are. The one the left is a 35 story apartment and the other one is for the 26 story Alliance Bernstein Office Building.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 17, 2019 at 3:07 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 4:43 PM

The Neuhoff project is a sizeable river development across from the River North development. I recall dum dums saying their would be no developments on the river. Shows how much (i.e. little) they know.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations