HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 8:04 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

From a strictly "juxtapositonal" standpoint, Brarke's version perfectly integrates WTC 1 with the other two.

The render shown above demonstrates my point how the profiles somehow "round a slight bend", if you catch my drift.

Also from certain vantage points, the foursome will look like two distinct ccouples. The Calatrava Hub's placement within the complex guarantees this. Come to think of it, that would've been the case no matter the architect...for the sake of argument, o'course.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 3:59 AM
New Yorker for life

I'm pulling for DB also. But most importantly, I just want this site to be complete and functioning like the original complex, and not in this mid-state we've been in. There's still tower 5, but that's really offsite.

Quote:
At approximately 1,300 feet, the tower is planned to be almost the same height as One WTC, and it is anticipated to be the final office building built on the World Trade Center site.
This one more than any of the others will help bring back the vibe of the original towers, two towers of great height rising together.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 4:03 AM
BANNED

Honestly, I have doubts that Larry can seal the deal.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 12:51 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I'm sure many of us had--and prolly still have--some doubts as to the continued sustainability of this whole construction megaboom.

I'll wager there's some Greenspan-worshipping "irrational exhuberance" mantra-chanter lurking in the bushes hoping in vain for the deafening sound of a popping bubble.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 1:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
I'm sure many of us had--and prolly still have--some doubts as to the continued sustainability of this whole construction megaboom.

I'll wager there's some Greenspan-worshipping "irrational exhuberance" mantra-chanter lurking in the bushes hopping in vain for the deafening sound of a popping bubble.
I think the boom will continue. There's a lot of "cheap money" for developers, and with all of its old buildings, NY has a demand for new space.

That being said, since Related recently lost out on Pfizer, E&Y, and Morgan Stanley, I doubt that they'll let this big fish get away without a massive fight.

Larry versus Related is like any of us fighting Mayweather.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 2:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I have this strange feeling that 2 WTC will be downsized to lower costs. The estimate for the tower itself could run close to $4 billion

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 3:33 PM

My Buddy who built towers 3 and 4 will get involved with this one and the base will be the same since its already here ...He is currently building working on Hudson Yards Tower A

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 3:35 PM

My buddy who was involved in building Towers 3 and 4 will get the nod for this and the base will not change as its already in place ...Currently he is working on Hudson Yards Tower A or 30

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 4:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I have this strange feeling that 2 WTC will be downsized to lower costs. The estimate for the tower itself could run close to $4 billion
I think it will be built to full height. It's a matter of when.

Larry won't seal the deal here.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 6:36 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

This is easily #1 on Larry's bucket list.

He likes his bread spread upwards.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 3:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I think it will be built to full height. It's a matter of when.
If not now when the economy is at full employment and interest rates are still low then WHEN? There will never be a better time.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 3:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
If not now when the economy is at full employment and interest rates are still low then WHEN? There will never be a better time.
When another, more competent developer likes Related takes control of the site.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 4:06 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Related is much more competent. An example is 50 Hudson, which is pretty much going to cost $4 Billion (Same as 2 WTC), yet related managed to snatch Blackrock.

If you take a tower of the same price, and have the likes of Vornado or Related or Silverstien Properties oversee the success of it, I think Vornado/Related would excel. I agree with JMKeynes.

Moinian with 3 Hudson is utlizing Eb-5. Tishman Speyer had success with the Spiral.

Yet Silverstien is having no luck. He's doing something wrong.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 5:46 AM

^ It’s not Silverstein. It’s the WTC site. There is still lingering fears that the site is a target.

Even today, the higher floors of 1 WTC are still not rented.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
^ It’s not Silverstein. It’s the WTC site. There is still lingering fears that the site is a target.

I always wondered if this played a roll in leasing the new buildings. Having done security there post 9-11, I always had the feeling we could call in warplanes on moments notice to stop another attack but eventually we always get complacent.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 8:51 PM

Quote:

It will probably always be an issue. The vacancy rate at 1 WTC is still around triple the downtown average all these years after completion.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:

I can see why for 1WTC that may be the case, but 4WTC is fully leased, give or take a few floors.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 1:16 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

It's not going to be downsized. Larry Silverstein is probably the only reason the WTC space is being rebuilt at all. So many people and politicians wanted the site left as a memorial. And even though he was demonized throughout the process, he continued to push for rebuilding the space.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 1:51 AM

I just want to see it get built now (Bjarke Ingels' design is the way to go--unless Deutsche Bank steps in maybe it would lean towards Foster's design), its still an eyesore anytime I see this part of the construction site unoccupied; whereas, the Performing Arts Center is going to be a gem, for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's not going to be downsized. Larry Silverstein is probably the only reason the WTC space is being rebuilt at all. So many people and politicians wanted the site left as a memorial. And even though he was demonized throughout the process, he continued to push for rebuilding the space.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayman View Post
I can see why for 1WTC that may be the case, but 4WTC is fully leased, give or take a few floors.
Leased mostly by the PA and city governments. Very few private firms.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction