HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Meh...could have made so much more impact. Wish they had planned for the square footage added in the 2nd building from the beginning and built one big building. Opportunity missed, but at least it's infill, and a nicer building.
Yeah it's a super dissapointing height.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Can someone snap a pic when it is daylight?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Keep in mind that the glass facade will extend about 3-4 floors above the top office floor. So it will be ~40 feet taller when finished. I also wish it would have been taller. Especially since it sits about 60-70 feet below the grade of Peachtree Street.

It's still awesome how much of a transformation the Tech Square area has gone through. You've got The Standard, Coda, Alexan 880, Modera Midtown, and NCR Phases 1&2 all under construction right now, with Hanover West Peachtree a few blocks up and Alta Midtown just finishing up. The West Peachtree/Spring area between 3rd Street and 10th Street may even eclipse the foot traffic on Peachtree between 5th and 10th Streets once these projects are all done. I have noticed a big difference in foot traffic through this area just in the past year.

This is what the southern end of this area looked like 10-15 years ago:

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 3:40 AM

God bless Georgia Tech !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Keep in mind that the glass facade will extend about 3-4 floors above the top office floor. So it will be ~40 feet taller when finished. I also wish it would have been taller. Especially since it sits about 60-70 feet below the grade of Peachtree Street.

It's still awesome how much of a transformation the Tech Square area has gone through. You've got The Standard, Coda, Alexan 880, Modera Midtown, and NCR Phases 1&2 all under construction right now, with Hanover West Peachtree a few blocks up and Alta Midtown just finishing up. The West Peachtree/Spring area between 3rd Street and 10th Street may even eclipse the foot traffic on Peachtree between 5th and 10th Streets once these projects are all done. I have noticed a big difference in foot traffic through this area just in the past year.

Thanks for sharing !!! Pictures like this are Priceless and Inspiring !!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
Wow, I had no idea!
And it was amazing open air, I remember my mother took me to Brier Fox to have their incredible veggie soup and cornbread.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
The first phase of NCR HQ has topped out today
Instead of saying the building was topped out maybe you should have said the final floor was completed because the building still has another 40 to 50 feet to go before it topped out

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK141 View Post
Instead of saying the building was topped out maybe you should have said the final floor was completed because the building still has another 40 to 50 feet to go before it topped out
Topped out usually means just the top of the major structure has finished - not necessarily meaning it's hit it's max height because usually a spire, parapet, and/or mechanical screen walls will still be installed later.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post

Great picture!!! Actually that may be almost 20 years old as the Baptist Church (now AT&T small's tower on Peachtree was not yet built). Piece of history...the steeple from that church was saved and moved to the church's new location in Buckhead.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 2:30 PM

Old Church Stucture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
Great picture!!! Actually that may be almost 20 years old as the Baptist Church (now AT&T small's tower on Peachtree was not yet built). Piece of history...the steeple from that church was saved and moved to the church's new location in Buckhead.
Was the First Baptist Church building not considered a historic building?

I wonder about the fate of the other older Church buildings in Midtown that add a historic flavor to the area. I wonder if these nice structures could face the same demise.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Was the First Baptist Church building not considered a historic building?
Regardless of whether it was historic or not, I'm glad that one's gone.

Quote:
First Baptist hired guards on horseback to keep the marchers off the property. They barred the doors to keep everyone out but their congregants, who jeered the marchers with homophobic comments before entering to worship God. But on the other side of the street, parishioners were handing out water to the marchers, along with fliers that said “Everyone is welcome at Saint Mark.”
https://thegavoice.com/sunday-atlant...urches-nation/

St. Mark can stay.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
Regardless of whether it was historic or not, I'm glad that one's gone.

https://thegavoice.com/sunday-atlant...urches-nation/

St. Mark can stay.
There was an effort to save it. Bellsouth wanted to donate the Baptist Church to the Atlanta Symphony for a preformance hall but is was determined that the accoustics couldnt be corrected

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 5:08 PM

First Baptist was cool and definitely added to the character of the neighborhood. It could have even been a "Tabernacle North," which is something staid, corporatist Midtown sorely lacks.

But, lest I forget, we should asses the character and value of a structure based on whether the institution inhabiting said structure helps advance the LGBT agenda. Now that's progressive!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 6:17 PM

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 6:36 PM

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...-atlanta-71577

"Hanover Midtown, a 300-story, 342-unit project at 7th and Peachtree streets"
lol

Also article says that Hanover has a sixth project under development, but no details yet where that will be.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkyWay View Post
First Baptist was cool and definitely added to the character of the neighborhood. It could have even been a "Tabernacle North," which is something staid, corporatist Midtown sorely lacks.

But, lest I forget, we should asses the character and value of a structure based on whether the institution inhabiting said structure helps advance the LGBT agenda. Now that's progressive!
Where does this LGTB agenda live? I cannot find the webpage or a syllabus anywhere to understand what it is; I heard ABC was airing something perhaps that's where I can find the agenda.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkyWay View Post

Did you post this from Hitler's bunker? Oh that's right you must be upset they tore that down too.
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting nonsense like this much less thinking it. You bigot.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 7:59 PM

Where are the mods at when you need them?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching View Post
Did you post this from Hitler's bunker? Oh that's right you must be upset they tore that down too.
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting nonsense like this much less thinking it. You bigot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...-atlanta-71577

"Hanover Midtown, a 300-story, 342-unit project at 7th and Peachtree streets"
lol

Also article says that Hanover has a sixth project under development, but no details yet where that will be.
Wow - at 300 stories, we'll have the tallest building in the world! Go Midtown! : Really, though, looking forward to seeing the Midtown one come up. The Buckhead tower looks nice too.

Adam Harbin with Hanover was valedictorian or salutatorian (can't remember)of my high school graduating class. Great guy.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Where does this LGTB agenda live? I cannot find the webpage or a syllabus anywhere to understand what it is; I heard ABC was airing something perhaps that's where I can find the agenda.
Let me sum it up for you: the building housing First Baptist Church should be destroyed because the congregation that once inhabited said building did not agree with our definition of marriage. Any questions?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations