HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:54 AM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkkent2420 View Post
I'll respectfully disagree.

Just reality. Still the nature of the cre industry.

So you’re not exactly an uninterested party, though, to O’Donnell/Goettsch/Clark Construction projects, as I called it a few years back.....as of a couple days ago, 98 of your last 100 posts were on 150 Riverside, 110 Wacker and Union Station. On the rare occasions when you post/opine on other projects, you often spout off on shortcomings/challenges they face - 130 Franklin’s ‘inferior’ location, WPS financing challenges, etc......very obvious.....

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 1:59 AM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSalle.St.Station View Post
If any block qualified for super density based on TOD principles it would be this block. Downtown should be split up between multiple wards. One aldermen shouldn't be in control of the central business district.

Btw, a park next to a bus depot reminds me of how Pritzker park was on south state st.
Fully agreed. Double the office space, and add residential to this. You can't get any more central and connected than this block. Largest commuter rail station in the US outside of New York immediately across the street, and within blocks of 7 heavy rail lines.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 2:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post

So you’re not exactly an uninterested party, though, to O’Donnell/Goettsch/Clark Construction projects, as I called it a few years back.....as of a couple days ago, 98 of your last 100 posts were on 150 Riverside, 110 Wacker and Union Station. On the rare occasions when you post/opine on other projects, you often spout off on shortcomings/challenges they face - 130 Franklin’s ‘inferior’ location, WPS financing challenges, etc......very obvious.....
Ha busted Clarkkent

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyrview View Post
Ha busted Clarkkent
Wait, so does this mean that dude is a shill? Imagine shilling on an obscure skyscraper forum

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:38 AM
THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
Yeah, there was a residential tower planned as well. A little disappointed that all of the residential has been removed from the plan. It would have been nice to see this area evolve into one with a bit more of a mixed-use feel...
I think there is still a residential tower planned for the third phase over the south tracks (Canal between Jackson and Van Buren).

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
I think there is still a residential tower planned for the third phase over the south tracks (Canal between Jackson and Van Buren).
I don't think that piece of air rights is apart of it.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 4:47 AM
Urbane observer

The more I've studied the scheme today, the more I realize how you guys need to just be more patient.

The bus center, for instance, is the perfect place to put a future second tower, using that remaining FAR, supported above the bus bays like examples we've seen in Toronto. But you don't do that phase now, with all its interminable negotiations with CDOT and CTA and its construction staging issues. You wait until you've proven the office demand in this location and wait until the new has worn off the site furnishings at the bus stops so FTA won't demand its money back.

Similarly, nothing keeps someone, 15 years from now, from going up another six or eight stories with 600 more hotel rooms on top of the headhouse, clad in the proper limestone. All that would be lost would be some light-frame construction of the penthouse rooms.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 6:50 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Similarly, nothing keeps someone, 15 years from now, from going up another six or eight stories with 600 more hotel rooms on top of the headhouse, clad in the proper limestone. All that would be lost would be some light-frame construction of the penthouse rooms.
Good. Was meaning to ask that.
Hopefully one day we will see something similar to the massing in the Goettsch 2017 designs.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 8:07 PM

^That design was at least tolerable but I want something better for the headhouse. Who referenced Hearst Tower? Unless we can get something of that caliber just leave it alone.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
The more I've studied the scheme today, the more I realize how you guys need to just be more patient.

The bus center, for instance, is the perfect place to put a future second tower, using that remaining FAR, supported above the bus bays like examples we've seen in Toronto. But you don't do that phase now, with all its interminable negotiations with CDOT and CTA and its construction staging issues. You wait until you've proven the office demand in this location and wait until the new has worn off the site furnishings at the bus stops so FTA won't demand its money back.

Yep, it's still a billion dollar plan according to these train boys, so if we are to take them at their word, we know there will be much more built since that headhouse and tower+park are gonna cost what, $400-500 million total maximum?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:26 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post

Whatever

Last edited by Clarkkent2420; Sep 14, 2018 at 10:17 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 10:51 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkkent2420 View Post
Whatever

Lol.

Why no interest in the proximate WPE?

If office is strictly your thing, why no interest in proximate River Point?

What mean?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 10:58 PM
BANNED

^Lol

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
BORING

COPY, CUT, PASTE, REPEAT...!

Coming to this thread late...take 110's building and add the park from 150 = Union Station. While I think GP has some very unique designs, I feel there was a quick turnaround around from the first community meeting to this new idea and they are using the "cut and paste method"

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 3:04 PM

Kinda hard to get a decent angle of this besides the one in the article. Place holder:

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 3:48 PM

What are the two towers next to 311 S. Wacker?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 3:53 PM

nice work as usual

this will add a little depth, but unspectacular

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 View Post
What are the two towers next to 311 S. Wacker?
301 and 321 S wacker proposal:

https://chicago.curbed.com/2016/11/2...d-wacker-drive

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
I completely forgot about those two.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 8:47 PM

Crains is reporting BMO signed a deal to move into this building

Quote:
BMO Harris Bank will consolidate its Chicago offices in 2022 at a new 50-story tower next to Union Station, the bank announced today.

In a deal that will bring 3,600 Chicago BMO employees into a single location, the Toronto-based bank has signed a lease for 14 floors at the skyscraper, which will be dubbed BMO Tower, the bank said in a statement.

The move into 500,000 square feet will consolidate the company's Loop offices

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive