HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > General Discussion

Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 11:29 PM

wow such detail you even have the water fountains

Old Posted Feb 28, 2007, 9:02 PM

Great rendering.

My only comment about that rendering of Standard Insurance Plaza is that it has a sidewalk on all sides while the actual building does not have a sidewalk on two sides of the building.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 9:17 PM

Standard Plaza is now released on Simtropolis Here's where to get it

Part of the joy of doing these 3d buildings is that you learn to appreciate even the more mundane of buildings.It's really fun to take them all apart and see the patterns, design, etc all pointing to how the structure works. Plus I got sick of there not being any Portland stuff in SC4!

I know that the sidewalks are pretty much non-existant on 2 sides of it However, there isn't a non-buggy way to eliminate sidewalks. Hence why the parking garage ramps aren't there. The slope sorta kills this building in the SC4 worls, and that's why I had to build pedestrian ramps down to the sunken area.

It's neat to see that this prompted a discussion about exising, modernist Portland buildings here.

Next buildings to crank out will be Waddle's/Hooters and the Bank of America Financial Center.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 11:52 PM

waddles ...

Old Posted Mar 3, 2007, 3:01 PM

God they've changed Simtropolis since the last time I've been there. Keep it up and I'll keep downloading them.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 12:21 AM

OK here's progress so far on BofA. I've got a lot more detail fleshed out on it, so its a little closer to being finished. Still has a ways to go yet..

An overall shot at an outer zoom level. Just for those not familiar with the building:

Some detail shots of the entries and skylights:

Another of the awning details that I have going so far:

As you can see, there's still a heap to do before this beast is done.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 12:23 AM
Bears of antiquity

I heart that building

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 12:25 AM

i dont

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 1:26 AM

I tend to be neutral on it. It's kinda too tacky for Portland, but yet it isn't something that you see here everyday. Plus it and ODS Tower are much better to look at than the boxes that dominate the waterfront.

I think that had they toned down some of the elements so as to make it look less like a flannel shirt, it could have been a ton better. Perhaps using less contrasting colors in the granite?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 9:54 PM
Resident Cabbie

Holy crap dude! You did these? I've got a city that i've been working on for about 3 years and it's littered with your buildings! KOIN, Fox Tower, ODS, The Galleria, Portland Building, Standard Insurance Center are all going strong and I just downloaded the standard insurance plaza. And oh i like that Hatfield Courthouse too, yoink!

My Flickr

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:23 AM

Glad you like DubbaG! However I do have to say that not all those buildings are mine: Bixel and JtPortland on Simtropolis are major contributers too, not to mention all the other people who lend their advice. No prob though, just making sure to give credit where credit is due.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 4:59 AM
'Can Draw It'

Sim City is just something I absolutely HAVE to check out. Looks like tons of fun.

Nice job.....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > General Discussion