HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Eade View Post
I didn’t immediately see which road was which, so I overlayed the new road network on the old image. I thought that I’d post it here, in case it helps others.

Things to note:
  • Wellington and Sparks used to overpass Bronson, but you could access Queen from Bronson.
  • Laurier was the road that connected, in a pretty straight line, to the angled extension of Albert. [Was that section called Laurier up to its intersection with Albert?]
  • The LRT follows the old Wellington alignment until it turns under Queen.
  • It was the Federal Government which added the Portage Bridge, thus dumping lots of traffic in front of the Parliament Buildings.
Wellington and the north branch of Sparks went below the cliff. The south branch of Sparks went above the cliff to reach the end of Bronson, the current route. There is no change on how Bronson and Queen are connected except that Queen continued below the cliff and ran across Lebreton Flats. Queen West may have been renamed at some point.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 7:40 PM

I say the NCC should have been forced to just restore the damn pre-expropriation street grid. It would have been infinitely better than the urban suburb we're getting instead.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation