HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:16 AM

Inter Milan to play in Edmonton?

This would be totally amazing to see one of the world's best club's playing in Edmonton. With players such as Zlatan, Adriano, Figo, Viera, Crespo, Cambiasso, Maicon, Maxwell, Chivu, Zanetti, etc, and Jose Mourinho as their coach, you will be seeing 20+ world class players on the same team. If 39k came to see Beckham then the stadium should easily sell out as Beckam wouldn't be a 1st choice player on Inter.

Let's hope this happens.

"Inter Milan to play in Edmonton?

ASA negotiates with Italian soccer power for a friendly here against a South American team

By Curtis Stock, The Edmonton JournalJanuary 14, 2009Comments (5)"

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Sport...278/story.html

Last edited by Ponza; Jan 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 8:20 AM
REALTOR

A South American team hey? I'd love to see Boca play!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 1:53 PM

That would be FANTASTIC, although there would be lots of Premiership fans dissapointed that its not one of their teams coming over....

however, the place would sell out I'd imagine...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 4:12 PM
Community Guy

^indeed it would...

This would be great for Canadian Soccer and Edmonton. Do it up!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 4:58 PM
City Maker

Actually, it's about damn time a European club played a friendly in Western Canada!!! Althogh I hate Italian football, any real football around here is good enough! I just hope they play the match before I actually move to where these clubs are coming from. Also, seeing Boca Jr. would be a real treat.

P.S. The person I'd want to see most is 'The Special One'. Maybe Edmonton will make it onto IOSS, hahaha!
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:06 PM
City of Blinding Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise View Post
Actually, it's about damn time a European club played a friendly in Western Canada!!! Althogh I hate Italian football, any real football around here is good enough! I just hope they play the match before I actually move to where these clubs are coming from. Also, seeing Boca Jr. would be a real treat.

P.S. The person I'd want to see most is 'The Special One'. Maybe Edmonton will make it onto IOSS, hahaha!
Yeah not a huge fan of Italian football but I would certainly go to see this. Inter is good but I am more of an AC guy myself! Would love to see Ronaldinho. That would bring the masses!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:42 PM
City Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innersoul1 View Post
Would love to see Ronaldinho. That would bring the masses!
I saw him before he started to flop, didn't live up to the hype but it was still incredible!
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 7:16 PM
Kevin Folds Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimedru View Post
That would be FANTASTIC, although there would be lots of Premiership fans dissapointed that its not one of their teams coming over....

however, the place would sell out I'd imagine...
Premiership would be awesome.

And.. Go city!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 8:09 PM

Although my wife's Southern-Italian family has trained me Roma is more worthy of my attention than either AC or Inter, I'd definitely make the drive for this one.

Boca or even River Plate would be a fun match-up.

With Inter involved, the forecast calls for a 75% chance of: Run, run, run. Dive. Hold leg. Wince in pain. Spring to feet. Argue call. Resume playing.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 9:28 PM
City Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_foster View Post
Premiership would be awesome.
I think the best match-up for this part of the country would be a Top 4 English club versus a Top Italian club. Each side could probably fill the entire stadium but half n' half would make for an awesome atmosphere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
Defend, defend, defend. Dive. Hold leg. Wince in pain. Spring to feet. Argue call. Resume playing.
There! Now you've described Italian football!
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise View Post
I think the best match-up for this part of the country would be a Top 4 English club versus a Top Italian club. Each side could probably fill the entire stadium but half n' half would make for an awesome atmosphere!

There! Now you've described Italian football!
Gotta love the ill founded comments from the Premiership fans. Just because the Italian national team plays that style don't think that's how the game is played in the Serie A.

It was a real barn burner of a CL final last year with 2 clubs from the Prem. Why don't you remind me what the score was.

So far this season the Premiership is averaging 2.54 goals per game while Serie A is only at 2.48. Wow, I see how the game is just so much more offensive in England.

Once you've actually watched more than 20 minutes of Italian football you can make a comment.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
Although my wife's Southern-Italian family has trained me Roma is more worthy of my attention than either AC or Inter, I'd definitely make the drive for this one.

Boca or even River Plate would be a fun match-up.

With Inter involved, the forecast calls for a 75% chance of: Run, run, run. Dive. Hold leg. Wince in pain. Spring to feet. Argue call. Resume playing.
Have to agree with you that Inter are not the most exciting team. Thankfully for you you wife's parents are Roma fans (one of the most exciting team's to watch in Europe). Would love to see Totti and co in Edmonton some day.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponza View Post
Have to agree with you that Inter are not the most exciting team. Thankfully for you you wife's parents are Roma fans (one of the most exciting team's to watch in Europe). Would love to see Totti and co in Edmonton some day.
Just a lighthearted jab at Italian football, that's all. Some stereotypes are hard to break.

My wife's family is from very far south, although their "local" team (Cosenza) has faded into obscurity (to put it politely) as of late. Even though, geographically, Napoli is a bit closer to their region, my father-in-law's favourite Serie A club has always been Roma. Definitely not Lazio, but I think he'd take Napoli or Lazio even over one from "up north".

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 4:17 PM
City Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponza View Post
Once you've actually watched more than 20 minutes of Italian football you can make a comment.
Unfortunately, I forced myself to watch more than that this year. This could sidetrack the thread, I'll just PM you my actual thoughts about Italian club football later; they aren't that bad.
- Roberta Brandes Gratz

Old Posted Jan 17, 2009, 1:13 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoflamesGo View Post
A South American team hey? I'd love to see Boca play!
Inter vs Boca would be fantastic. I could see a lot of Canadian Italian footy fans heading to Edmonton to see this.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2009, 5:34 AM
REALTOR

^ I know of about 10 of my friends including myself that would take the trip up there for this.

Does anyone have any idea when it could happen?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton