HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 4:48 PM

905 W FultonMarket

Nov 14

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 5:06 PM

930 W Fulton

Nov 14

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 1:44 AM
THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
730 W Randolph will apparently be an 8 story building by Hirsch Associates.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 1:51 AM
Leftist Correctist

^^^

For me it can be reduced to this: For every personal freedom we gained from the automobile, we lost in social cohesion.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 3:04 AM

Fulton Market

302 N Green - Brooklyn Bowl

1101 W Fulton

1040 W Fulton

1115 W Fulton

About 1235 W Fulton

Some window samples at 1315 W Fulton

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 3:16 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
They don't build um like this anymore.

Oh wait....yes they do!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
They don't build um like this anymore.

Oh wait....yes they do!
Let’s see when it’s more than a rendering.

But this is the argument for midrise development. Real materials, nice narrow street frontage, no curb cuts or parking, and the second floor is actually used rather than a blank concrete wall.

I would fill the rest of the city up with these before ever having another highrise built, if it meant no more parking podiums would ever be built either. For the urban fabric at street level, it would be vastly better. Narrow some street widths and deviate from the grid here and there, and we’re really in business.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:28 AM

Agree with the sentiments above about 730 W Randolph. The city should figure out how to incentivize this approach to development as favorable to knocking down the neighbors and going big.

Separately, I've been looking at homes in Bronzeville. The lowest models from the Parade of Homes are build by Inishfree Builders. Curious if anyone is familiar or knows how I could find out more about their track record. I'm super nervous to buy a POS new construction.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:59 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinChi View Post
Agree with the sentiments above about 730 W Randolph. The city should figure out how to incentivize this approach to development as favorable to knocking down the neighbors and going big.

Separately, I've been looking at homes in Bronzeville. The lowest models from the Parade of Homes are build by Inishfree Builders. Curious if anyone is familiar or knows how I could find out more about their track record. I'm super nervous to buy a POS new construction.
They sound like one of the hundreds of small Irish builders. Most of those guys focus on construction and rely on realty teams to do all the marketing and branding, so you probably won’t find much under the name Innisfree.

Quality for these guys can be all over the map, and even a master builder GC can sometimes be sunk by poor quality subs.

Know your rights though, as a new home buyer in Illinois you are covered by an Implied Warranty of Habitability addressing major and minor defects. Many builders will ask you to waive the “implied warranty” as written in state law and substitute a warranty with terms written by the builder, but it still has to provide a certain level of protection to you by law.

I did quality control for a builder for 3 years, many if not most builders are cooperative with warranty claims as long as you document them carefully and submit them in one or two batches.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Let’s see when it’s more than a rendering.

But this is the argument for midrise development. Real materials, nice narrow street frontage, no curb cuts or parking, and the second floor is actually used rather than a blank concrete wall.

I would fill the rest of the city up with these before ever having another highrise built, if it meant no more parking podiums would ever be built either. For the urban fabric at street level, it would be vastly better. Narrow some street widths and deviate from the grid here and there, and we’re really in business.
Fortunately this lot is inside the Fulton-Randolph landmark district so they have to pretty much conform. Not a whole lot of shortcuts to take.

We'll see what it looks like when done but I'm optimistic.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development