HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 5:03 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I was wondering about this myself. I Googled the walk to where Quicken Loans office will be. It was...at the possible shortest route...a .4 mile walk at about 9 minutes. That's going to suck during the summer. I see them finding alternative ways to the office.
What is the exact location of the office? I haven't seen that in media coverage.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 5:09 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
What is the exact location of the office? I haven't seen that in media coverage.
I thought it was post as the Phelps Dodge Centre. Was that correct?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 5:15 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
I thought it was post as the Phelps Dodge Centre. Was that correct?
I dunno. I thought it was not disclosed yet, but maybe it was mentioned somewhere behind the Business Journal's paywall.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I dunno. I thought it was not disclosed yet, but maybe it was mentioned somewhere behind the Business Journal's paywall.
While blocked by paywall, the small thumbnail photo shows the Phelps Dodge Center.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 5:24 PM

Quote:
I was wondering about this myself. I Googled the walk to where Quicken Loans office will be. It was...at the possible shortest route...a .4 mile walk at about 9 minutes. That's going to suck during the summer. I see them finding alternative ways to the office.
It's not bad at all and tons of downtown employees already do this. For example, Wells Fargo employees have to park at the garage in front of Crescent Ballroom. It's somewhat shorter, but still completely doable (.3 miles at 6 mins)

Agreed that it will increase foot traffic and you never know, Quicken might see some indirect benefits with having a healthier workforce lol

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
It's not bad at all and tons of downtown employees already do this. For example, Wells Fargo employees have to park at the garage in front of Crescent Ballroom. It's somewhat shorter, but still completely doable (.3 miles at 6 mins)

Agreed that it will increase foot traffic and you never know, Quicken might see some indirect benefits with having a healthier workforce lol
This is good, Make em' walk. There is some weird paradigm (or there was) that it was "too hot to walk" which is total nonsense obviously, if people can walk around downtown Chicago at -22 windchill and downtown Atlanta at 98 and 100% humidity, People can walk a few blocks at 105 dry.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 6:07 PM

How to capitalize on hot Phoenix apartment market

Article on AZ Big Media, reinforcing what we all know here that the downtown apartment market is hot and will remain hot for the next couple of years (cue the biggus diggus rant).

The end of the article is what really caught my eye. This may prove to be interesting...

http://azbigmedia.com/azre-magazine/...artment-market

Quote:
The apartment market in Downtown Phoenix is hot, really hot, and members of the Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) are cautiously optimistic that the market will remain one of the hottest in the country for at least a couple more years.

The construction of Downtown Phoenix’s first grocery store at Block 23 will help, she adds. There are also rumors circulating that discussions are currently underway with two other potential grocers interested in setting up shop in Downtown Phoenix too.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
Article on AZ Big Media, reinforcing what we all know here that the downtown apartment market is hot and will remain hot for the next couple of years (cue the biggus diggus rant).

The end of the article is what really caught my eye. This may prove to be interesting...

http://azbigmedia.com/azre-magazine/...artment-market
I think they are considering the McKinley/1st RFP and the Central station project that died.

All were planning on grocery stores.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 11:45 PM

This thread has fallen quiet. I don't like that. So I went out today and walked around for 2 hours in the heat to get some photos of the current developments. I did this for you guys. One love.

I'm not sure what is going on here on the corner of 1st st and Portland, right by Enhance Park.

The Block at Roosevelt project. I'm excited to see this completed and return life to 5th St.

I honestly have no idea what this project is. In the past, I've seen renderings of several projects for this lot, not sure which one it'd be if any. Anyone have information on this? NEC 5th st and Roosevelt.

The monolithic project that seems to forever be under construction. 3rd and Roosevelt

Wurth House

The former Roosevelt Tavern looking fantastic as the opening date for the Monocle nears.

The former Downtown Deli looking closer to incorporating itself on one of the most vibrant corners of downtown nightlife. I believe the plan is to have a tavern ala Seamus sort of feeling

Despite the bittersweet design of the new Marriott, I love this view. The high density entrance emerging from the Central Ave "tunnel" into downtown. Looking forward to the Barrister project commencing.

The Central Park East hotel rising. Sitting at the 5th floor.

The Stewart has constant stream of concrete trucks and heavy machinery working away. Looking forward to its skyward ascent.

The wall on Central which was the subject of recent debate.

I forgot to capture an image of Block 23 from the top of the escalator in Cityscape.

Other updates:

The Az Center is a mess of gutted retail spaces and busy restaurants. It's kind of weird seeing people milling around the mall with all the construction going on.

Union at US Bank tower is a project that sort of fell off the face of the Earth in the last 6 months. Walked by and peeked in the windows, looks to be a ton of equipment and half-finished counter-tops. A few pictures are in the windows of what we can expect.

Portland on the Park is over 75% sold.

The Clinton Campbell house (357 N 4th Ave), one of 50 remaining structures from the 19th century in Phoenix has been approved for demolition. An appeal has been filed by the Preserve Phoenix group to save the structure from becoming another vacant lot. June 19th, save the date, at City hall for all interested parties to voice why the house shouldn't become another regret in our city's limited understanding of preservation.

Last edited by Phxguy; Jun 7, 2017 at 12:39 AM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 11:50 PM

Thanks Phxguy..... but no pics are showing for me.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:06 AM
Modulator

Awesome updates! I have a small 1 to add. Drove by and noticed a pending liquor application at the Muse. So, it looks like they will have more than a coffee shop. Great to see retail already moving into this development!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Thanks Phxguy..... but no pics are showing for me.
I changed the photo links, are they working for you now?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post

I forgot to capture an image of Block 23 from the top of the escalator in Cityscape.
No reason to there has been zero activity on the site in 6-7 weeks I haven't seen one person on the site. Plus none of your pics work you need to use imgur.com.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Awesome updates! I have a small 1 to add. Drove by and noticed a pending liquor application at the Muse. So, it looks like they will have more than a coffee shop. Great to see retail already moving into this development!
https://downtownphoenixjournal.com/2...dtown-phoenix/

Press Coffee is the confirmed shop. Too bad they're not including later hours with the addition of alcohol.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:15 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
No reason to there has been zero activity on the site in 6-7 weeks I haven't seen one person on the site. Plus none of your pics work you need to use imgur.com.
Why does everyone freak out when something doesn't move for a few weeks? Seems like we went through this with Edison, Circles, 4th and McKinley Townhomes, Luhrs Marriott and so on. Some of those projects sat for well over a year before moving. We're building a highrise grocery store complex people....not a McDonald's

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
This is for Forno 301. Hate that it's leaving Roosevelt (since I was able to walk to it) but it's a bigger space which is good since it was always busy. The owners are excellent people

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Why does everyone freak out when something doesn't move for a few weeks? Seems like we went through this with Edison, Circles, 4th and McKinley Townhomes, Luhrs Marriott and so on. Some of those projects sat for well over a year before moving. We're building a highrise grocery store complex people....not a McDonald's
Then why go through the production of doing an archeological dig followed by a ground breaking ceremony to just pack up and never be see from again?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:17 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
Then why go through the production of doing an archeological dig followed by a ground breaking ceremony to just pack up and never be see from again?
Nobody has packed up and nobody has never been seen again. Relax...nothing has happened to Block 23. Again....it takes TIME to build these things.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:23 AM

Permitting and background work alone can take months on these things. I added a laundry room to a building once and it took 45 days after I was ready to build before I was allowed to start.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 3:53 AM

Block 23 is.... just fine.

In other news... very happy with the Hampton's progress. Going up quick!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest