HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 27, 2009, 10:33 PM

What Happened To Various Phoenix Forumers?

What happened to some of the old Phoenix forumers that don't post any more?

Ones I can think of are:

PHX602
PHX623
phxatty
Downtown Dweller

Any others you can think of?

Do you think they just lost interest or lost the time/free time to post?

Are they now lurkers?

I've been here longer than everyone that is a Phoenix forumer regular (Upward moved away but he joined near when I did, and Plinko moved away but is still active sometimes here and mostly elsewhere on the forum)... I wonder when I'll lose interest and stop posting.

If they are now lurkers, I enjoyed their input and comments (and I'm sure there are others). Hopefully they'll see the new forum and make a comeback. I really hope they didn't pass away as Randy Sandford or Grumpy have recently, but would we know if they did?

Maybe after the forum was so slow and sucked balls a few months ago they got sick of it and just bailed forever.

Old Posted May 27, 2009, 10:45 PM
them bones

^the only other one I can think of was some guy named davephx who didn't post alot, but was around. Probably like 2000 or something. I don't remember.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 1:08 AM

Also missing is Loftlovr. I always enjoyed reading his insight into the local real estate market. He was a good photo thread contributor too.

His phoenixloftnetwork website is also gone. Who knows, maybe he moved.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 2:15 AM

^on that note, I'm moving next week to WA.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 4:41 AM

/\wha?

You're leaving the SW for the PacNW? Are you trying to sell your place?

Loftlovr is still around the market doing his thing, at least he was a couple months ago.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 5:39 AM
Skyriser

I haven't heard of soleri in forever. I think he got dejected by the pro-growth attitudes on this board but I recall seeing a recent comment on talton's blog.

Prolly shoulda made this a roll call thread. Haven't had one of those in forever!

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 3:37 PM

/\Nah, I know who posts here now, but want to know what happened to some of the others.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 5:13 PM

Soleri is still active on the current events board. He was debating with someone on the issue of waterboarding = torture recently. I've also skirmished with him there on the issue of global warming.

--don

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 5:15 PM
E pluribus unum

Who hasn't skirmished with soleri in Current Events?

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 7:47 PM
BANNED

soleri has posted recently in the tucson thread.

downtown dweller maybe I ran off?

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 11:19 PM

I look in here once or twice a month. Obviously, not much is happening but the restaurant reviews are interesting.

I do post on Talton's blog - IMO, the only site with enough political and economic insight to justify semi-daily visits.

I'm selling my house here, partly to stay flexible in event of a move. My dream has been Portland or Seattle. I'm not enthusiastic about the weather but every urbanist deserves a walkable city.

There are some interesting "bargains" out there. I've seen condos that are among the best in Phoenix at fire-sale prices. This situation, I predict, will prevail at least for another year or so. The shake-out is really, really deep. Also, rentals are getting cheaper. I've been able to negotiate with landlords from a position of strength because of the weak market.

There are hopeful portents here and there. Central & Camelback is enjoying a remarkable renaissance of new restaurants. This points out one of my favorite themes: the intrinsic value of a place is its greatest economic asset. It could be architecture, or landscaping, or cachet. Whatever it is, that needs to be nurtured and protected. Central Phoenix is largely hit and miss but the North Central neighborhoods are a bulwark against decay.

Aside from that, who knows what might happen here in the future? It's not going to be mega-development that tells the story. It's likely to be something done out of love. Small is beautiful even in a city like this.

Old Posted May 29, 2009, 2:22 AM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleri View Post
There are hopeful portents here and there. Central & Camelback is enjoying a remarkable renaissance of new restaurants. This points out one of my favorite themes: the intrinsic value of a place is its greatest economic asset. It could be architecture, or landscaping, or cachet. Whatever it is, that needs to be nurtured and protected. Central Phoenix is largely hit and miss but the North Central neighborhoods are a bulwark against decay.
Seriously. I've been driving around that area a lot lately (I work at Park Central) and am starting to hate myself for not appreciating it sooner since I'm moving to Flagstaff later this summer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest