HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 4:50 AM

Occupy Wall Street -- Washington, DC

Here are some photos I took from Washington's Occupy Wall Street demonstration, being held at Freedom Plaza on Pennsylvania Avenue. The photos are from Friday evening and Saturday. Again, the standard apologies apply, as half of these photos were taken with my Blackberry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za01QWLXisQ" target="_blank">Video Link

This is what real democracy looks like, not the John Roberts, Inc. corporate-funded elections.

"Corporations are people, my friend." --Mitt Romney

When the "the richest 1 percent of households earned as much each year as the bottom 60 percent put together" it's no longer a game.

Raising hell!

The Wilson building (DC's city hall) is in the background of this photo-- on the left corner.

Buh-bye Scott Brown!

Fortunately, Sarah Palin wasn't seen here.

This is what the 99% of us who can't afford to donate/bribe millions of dollars per election use to get our message out.

Those patriotic funders of the tea party, who do business with Iran and repeatedly violated US sanctions ("Koch Brothers Flout Law Getting Richer With Secret Iran Sales", http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ran-sales.html)

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 6:51 AM
A before E

Great photos, I am so excited seeing this movement growing. I got to watch the march here in Portland and it was definitely moving to see so many different types of people coming out to such a large gathering to support the American Dream.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 2:49 PM

Thanks for posting! I like the Kochtopus & the raging grannies

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Great photos, I am so excited seeing this movement growing. I got to watch the march here in Portland and it was definitely moving to see so many different types of people coming out to such a large gathering to support the American Dream.
I second that my friend! And 'different types of people' is another reason why I'd call this a REAL AMERICAN Revolution!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 10:02 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Yeah but these protests are also attracting the usual hipster spiritual types who will be a drag on the movement from a public image standpoint.

Lets keep it serious and professional.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 10:06 PM

The Koch bros. do business with Iran? I've just gained a lot of respect for them.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 3:26 AM

Your prompting a cause against the people who build skyscrapers in a skyscarper centric forum? Is that ever weird.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:02 AM

Onn:
Quote:
Your prompting a cause against the people who build skyscrapers in a skyscarper centric forum? Is that ever weird.
What are you possibly talking about? This might be the most nonsensical statement I've seen. How does taking photos against people protesting massive tax loopholes for hedge-fund managers while teachers and firefighters even slightly imply that I'm against people who build skyscrapers? What these people were protesting is a political system where the wealthiest two percent of the population has 23% of the wealth and corporations that are now allowed to make unlimited donations (bribes) to federal campaigns. There is nothing--not one word-- about people building skyscrapers.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 11:25 AM

Until they occupy k street this protest is useless.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Those people are protesting the rich and powerful few who did a good job taking advantage of the very people that actually built those skyscrapers - construction workers, engineers, architects etc...

There would have been more skyscrapers in the U.S. and more to brag in this forum if the 99 percent of Americans were given the opportunity to earn a decent living and treated as human beings instead of disposable commodities.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard View Post
The Koch bros. do business with Iran? I've just gained a lot of respect for them.
I'm sure you do. I won't be surprised if you like drinking Iran's oil and the Koch Brother's Kool Aid ( or Tea ).

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 3:24 PM
Webster,New York

Originally posted by Sunbeach

QUOTE]There would have been more skyscrapers in the U.S. and more to brag in this forum if the 99 percent of Americans were given the opportunity to earn a decent living and treated as human beings instead of disposable commodities

Your not saying that only 1% of Americans are given the oppurtunity to earn a decent living

Last edited by brucepf; Oct 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos