HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 1:10 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

JERSEY CITY | 235 Grand St | FT | 45 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: Liberty Harbor North’s 235 Grand Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MARCH 31ST 2014 AT 6:00 AM

235 Grand Street, image via HLW

Quote:
The first renderings are up for yet another skyscraper that will soon begin construction on the Jersey City waterfront, at 235 Grand Street. The tower will be part of Liberty Harbor North, and Ironstate is the developer; the architect is HLW, and their website has additional images of the project.

Several complications must be addressed before work can start on the project, as the site is currently occupied by an old coal bunker that houses a non-profit. The organization is moving to another new Ironstate building at 18 Park — designed by HWKN — which is opening this June. Once the re-location is complete, demolition can begin on the old building, and construction on 235 Grand Street is expected to start later this year.

Ironstate’s website indicates that the tower will stand 45 stories tall, with 670 units in total; an additional mid-rise component will be located next-door. While Liberty Harbor North has a long ways to go before full build-out, the progress at 235 Grand Street will further enhance the Jersey City waterfront, which is booming with new development.
[...]

Completion of 235 Grand is expected in 2015.

235 Grand Street’s base — image via HLW

235 Grand Street’s mid-rise neighbor; image via HLW

235 Grand Street’s base and the neighboring mid-rise; image via HLW

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive