HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 5:04 PM

Orlando - Beyond the Parks: Updated Thornton Park

I know more and more people look to experience 'local' when they are on vacation. While Orlando's theme parks and water parks are the main reason 70 million people vacation in Orlando every year. There is a real city (2.5 Million in the Metro) with some great urban neighborhoods, local restaurant scene and great cultural places. Thought some people might be interested in the 'other side' of Orlando.

So I will kick off with downtown. Along with being the financial and office hub of the region downtown is home to 2 sports facilities, Amway Center (home of the NBA Magic), Orlando City Stadium (home of the Orlando City Pro Soccer Team), the new Dr. Phillips Performing Art Center, the History Museum, Creative Village, the new University of Central Florida downtown campus, Lake Eola (with its famous Swans), lots of local nightclubs and bars and 1,000s of people that call it home. The area is also surrounded by some great urban neighborhoods including, College Park, Thornton Park and Delaney Park (SODO) which I will try and highlight in this thread.

Video Link

Last edited by ragerunner5; Jul 12, 2018 at 2:25 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos