HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 7:21 PM

More Shoreline Stadium talkin

Cool to hear they grasp the opportunity with Boise professional soccer to, possible going beyond the Hawks draw, enough to add stadium design components specific to watching a rectangular soccer field. And sounds like the Timbers might still have a role!

http://idahobusinessreview.com/2017/...ntown-stadium/

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post
Apparently we are losing the downtown Mongolian BBQ and getting The Funky Taco. Anybody know anything about this?
Apparently they think they can get the graffiti artist Retna to paint the side. I like seeing elements of Freak Alley spilling out.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 8:59 PM
Closed account

March 22,2017
Hyatt Place, Water Cooler Apartments and Idaho Street Townhomes with one car garages in alley:

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 9:21 PM

I'm really liking the townhomes on Idaho Street so far. Keep the townhomes coming!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 10:24 PM

Too bad they were value-engineered down when Hale couldn't find any takers at the original price point.

Picture is from Cole Architects. I couldn't find where it was originally posted here.

Last edited by TVurban; Mar 22, 2017 at 11:03 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 1:06 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post
Too bad they were value-engineered down when Hale couldn't find any takers at the original price point.
I *think* I remember reading somewhere that the developer is hoping to sauce up phase 2 into a more urban look.

Hale deserves praise for developing that lot, it is such a great development, but I feel it was a tough sell considering the hotel behind it and the truck garage across the street.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 1:42 PM

http://idahobusinessreview.com/2017/...o-2-in-nation/

Construction jobs put Idaho at No. 2 in nation

By: Teya Vitu March 23, 2017

Quote:
Construction worker shortages in Idaho and across the country have not stopped Oregon and Idaho from ranking No. 1 and No. 2 in construction job growth from January 2016 to January 2017, according to the Associated General Contractors of America.
Quote:
Idaho’s No. 2 status is reflected across the state as all five metropolitan areas fell with the Top 83 in construction job growth among the nations’ 358 metropolitan statistical areas.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 4:55 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 3:00 PM

BoiseDev nuggets

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:30 PM

Just in...

JUST IN...

Deal in place to sell Americana/Shoreline plot to Greenstone

Details on BoiseDev.com (check out the project description)

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDay View Post
JUST IN...

Deal in place to sell Americana/Shoreline plot to Greenstone

Details on BoiseDev.com (check out the project description)

Adding to Don's post, renderings for the new stadium

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...=.jsp&sid=t480
https://www.facebook.com/boisehawksb...type=3&theater

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 8:40 PM
All man. Half nuts.

I love the location, and I know these are preliminary drawings, but is anyone else concerned about the baseball configuration?

This rendering looks like fans will be staring into the hot summer sun for the entire ballgame, which is a sure way to keep people from attending games. Many people have complained about the current Hawks stadium because of how uncomfortable it is in the sun, especially along the first base side.

I hope they consider that and put more shade in place or flip the ballpark so the stands are on the west side.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 10:19 PM

I would go to a lot more games if it was down town, and in that location.

I agree with you Boisebro. The sun is a big issue. I hate getting hot when watching sporting events, even if I'm enjoying a cold one.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
I love the location, and I know these are preliminary drawings, but is anyone else concerned about the baseball configuration?

This rendering looks like fans will be staring into the hot summer sun for the entire ballgame, which is a sure way to keep people from attending games. Many people have complained about the current Hawks stadium because of how uncomfortable it is in the sun, especially along the first base side.

I hope they consider that and put more shade in place or flip the ballpark so the stands are on the west side.
Really good point. The Shakespeare Theater has the seats facing East, and it makes a huge difference on hot summer evenings to not have the sun beating down on you.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:34 AM
Closed account

New Hawks Stadium:
Checked their 2017 schedule, and all home games are at 7:15 pm. Most ballparks face north so 1st base side is the sunny side (hats/sunscreen/sun glasses). So buy 3rd base side seats if you don't want to tan:-) Home plate is at Shoreline and 14th.
Soccer fans in Boise are use to all kinds of weather.
This project is in the early stage, but check out the large hotel/condos on the greenbelt that was the old Pantry restaurant site..

Boise Hawks rendering

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Mar 28, 2017 at 1:13 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
This project is in the early stage, but check out the large hotel/condos on the greenbelt.
This is something I noticed on the rendering as well. Is that land included on the deal?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 1:10 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
This is something I noticed on the rendering as well. Is that land included on the deal?
Greenstone hopes to build a stadium on four of those acres(11) and residential, office, retail and parking space, as well as, potentially, a hotel on the other seven.
(From Statesman article)
Greenstone's other ballpark on Georgia South Carolina border also has hotel/condos/parking garage in that plan.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
Greenstone hopes to build a stadium on four of those acres(11) and residential, office, retail and parking space, as well as, potentially, a hotel on the other seven.
(From Statesman article)
Greenstone's other ballpark on Georgia South Carolina border also has hotel/condos/parking garage in that plan.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy
I'm working on some of this and hope to have some additional detail. I have a little more but hope to bake a second story tomorrow

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 2:21 AM
Closed account

A closer look at the stadium, and the roof on 1st base side with morning sun shadows.

Boise Hawks rendering

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...=.jsp&sid=t480

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Mar 28, 2017 at 3:14 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post

Excellent post. They need to rotate that design. 7:15 pm start times don't accomplish much in Boise. We are not talking Colorado Springs or Albuquerque where the Mountain Time zone sun sets 57 minutes and 59 minutes earlier than Boise.

A pitcher's duel on June 20th and the game ends the same time the sun is setting. They could still have the main entry points away from Americana Blvd. Fans will walk a 300 steps to sit in the shade. They won't walk 10 steps to sit in the hot July and August sun.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West