HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Business, the Economy & Politics

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 3:55 AM
Semi-Lurker

We're getting a Zara eh? That's fantastics, I've been looking for a place to pick up a pair of trousers with a knee level crotch seem. Should go nicely with my new jacket.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
We're getting a Zara eh? That's fantastics, I've been looking for a place to pick up a pair of trousers with a knee level crotch seem. Should go nicely with my new jacket.
OMFG.... that's absolutely hilarious. I literally snorted out loud. Those pants are ridiculous.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 5:52 AM
A before E

Clicking on the Zara links is definitely a must in RainDog's post.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 4:21 PM

When I walk through there, it feels like the spaces they have filled above ground level are not consistently active; office, restaurant, movies, bowling? Even with full occupancy at these uses, it feels more empty than you'd think during shopping hours.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 6:22 PM

Turn it into offices and move the remaining shops to the street. We've outgrown this "mall"

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 2:21 AM

Any guess who it is?

Quote:
New Retail Coming Soon to Downtown!

Congrats to Urban Works Brokers Dan Bozich and Rob Moneyhan for leasing 15,000 SF in the Meier & Frank Building to a prominent international retailer; this will be the retailer’s first location in the Pacific Northwest!

Two spaces are still available in the Meier & Frank Building, for more info, check out the listing here.
...via Urban Works Blog.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 3:47 AM

Very cool! I've no idea who it is, but good to hear they're securing a major tenant. There are some big gaps in the retail scene lately but I know some are just because of renovations. The 10th/Yamhill garage, the former Ross/DD's building, 4th/Washington fenced off, two corners of Morrison/Broadway, the forever-empty Morrison/Park -- I know internet shopping is hurting brick and mortar retail, but with this economy, seems downtown oughta have fewer empty storefronts. But this Meier and Frank lease sounds great.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 7:30 AM
A before E

For the love of god, please be Uniqlo, this is the perfect location for them. Except that they already have a location in Bellevue....so it probably isn't them.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 10:57 PM

My guess is Primark. They have a handful of stores on the east coast and looking to expand.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottpdx78 View Post
My guess is Primark. They have a handful of stores on the east coast and looking to expand.
It's possible but the average Primark is 40,000 sq ft. The space is only 15,000 sq ft.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 6:06 AM

Topshop?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 9:25 PM

Muji

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs View Post
It's possible but the average Primark is 40,000 sq ft. The space is only 15,000 sq ft.
I've heard the possibility of Adidas looking for a flagship location. This might be the right place given it's proximity to the Nike store. Also, they don't truly have a PNW location which fits the bill.

Last edited by MNTimberjack; Mar 14, 2018 at 3:25 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirp View Post
Muji
Please be so!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTimberjack View Post
I've heard the possibility of Adidas looking for a flagship location. This might be the right place given it's proximity to the Nike store. Also, they don't truly have a PNW location which fits the bill.
Agreed!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirp View Post
Muji
If this was a guess then apparently you guessed very well.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 3:41 AM

Great news, this looks like a perfect fit here!

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 5:06 AM

Din Tai Fun coming to Portland (WA Sq)

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Muji's pop-up gives Portlanders a sneak peek at what's to come (Photos)

While the 11,000-square-foot Muji store in the old Meier & Frank Building won't open for another couple of months, the Japanese retailer has opened a nearby pop-up shop to give Portlanders a preview of what's on the way.

"The pop-up store is an introduction for people who don't know Muji very well," said Ichigo Sugiura, manager of the Muji marketing department. "It's a great way to express what Muji is."

The pop-up shop, which opened last Friday, is at 625 S.W. 10th Ave. It's filled with about 300 different items that Muji sells, including stationery, pens, clothing, accessories and furnishings. A full-size Muji store typically has about 4,000 items for sale.

The company, which currently has 15 stores in the U.S. — and nearly 800 around the world — is betting big on Portland. The 11,000-square-foot store planned for the Meier & Frank Building will be Muji's second-largest in the U.S. It will be on the ground floor of the building along Southwest 5th Avenue.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Retail space opens ahead of shopping rush

A new retail store will open tomorrow in the historic Meier & Frank Building in downtown Portland. Japanese retailer MUJI will debut the 11,000-square-foot flagship store, its first location in the Pacific Northwest, in a ground-floor space fronting Southwest Fifth Avenue.

The opening follows a three-month tenant improvement project by contractor R&H Construction, which was tasked with completing the build-out in time for a Black Friday opening. Crews worked long hours to meet that deadline.

“We shaved off a few weeks by working around the clock and expediting the schedule,” said Adam Rainey, R&H Construction director of business development; he oversaw the project from an executive level. “It was kind of the only way we were able to accomplish it.”

The space was designed by Super Potato, a Tokyo-based firm responsible for producing the store concept. Bora Architects served as the architect of record, adapting Super Potato’s concept package into a complete plan set.
...continues at the DJC (no paywall).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Business, the Economy & Politics