HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA8310 View Post
I heard that the food court is being relocated to the second floor of the old Sears space.
That would be so awesome if it did! Right now it feels like the foot court is really in the way of everything.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
That would be so awesome if it did! Right now it feels like the foot court is really in the way of everything.
I do not think there are immediate plans to do that. Unless they have tenants for the old food court space, they will not go to the considerable expense of relocating.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 4:43 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I do not think there are immediate plans to do that. Unless they have tenants for the old food court space, they will not go to the considerable expense of relocating.
I don't know if it would really make sense to move it anyway. It'd be a tight fit to try to get a hallway with stores on either side, and it would look awkward with the 2 story opening at the side, SaskTel's glass walls across it, and the skylights above.

That's the spot in the mall where the food court makes the most sense to me.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
In the way of what? It's in a corner on the 2nd floor.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 6:03 AM

Does anybody know who could be the potential retailers that could co into the Capital Crossing project on the Northwestern part of town and when i drove down to Wal Mart I see a new foundation for something. Can someone give more insights in the project.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
Does anybody know who could be the potential retailers that could co into the Capital Crossing project on the Northwestern part of town and when i drove down to Wal Mart I see a new foundation for something. Can someone give more insights in the project.
Co-op Gas Bar is underway and what you're seeing is an A&W, I think. Expect more fast food. BMO might go there if it doesn't go to future Coopertown. The rest is tbd as far as I know.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:06 PM

Lululemon closed?

It appears that Lululemon has closed their store at the Cornwall Centre. As I was walking to my bus after work, there was a high ladder under one of the two exterior signs, and both had been wrapped in black plastic. The doors and windows are also covered.

Another victim of our declining economy?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Co-op Gas Bar is underway and what you're seeing is an A&W, I think. Expect more fast food. BMO might go there if it doesn't go to future Coopertown. The rest is tbd as far as I know.
Yes, the Co-op gas bar/car wash/convenience store is under construction at the southeast corner of Rochdale & Argyle. BrightWater is developing a seniors housing complex further north on Argyle. These are the only two confirmed developments so far, at least as per the Capital Crossing site plan.

http://capitalcrossing.ca/development/

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
It appears that Lululemon has closed their store at the Cornwall Centre. As I was walking to my bus after work, there was a high ladder under one of the two exterior signs, and both had been wrapped in black plastic. The doors and windows are also covered.

Another victim of our declining economy?
Not sure if they’re renovating or making an eventual permanent move, but this week they’re moving into a temporary space inside the mall. Not closing, though.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
Not sure if they’re renovating or making an eventual permanent move, but this week they’re moving into a temporary space inside the mall. Not closing, though.
I think they must be ultimately moving to a new location entirely. They are apparently moving to the old Bentley location on the second floor until October. The site plan on Cushman and Wakefield's page also no longer has them listed at their exterior location across from H & M. Makes me wonder where they will be permanently as well as if there are plans for a new tenant in their old spot.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:55 PM

Ahh...then perhaps this is a temporary move until new space comes available in the former Sears location. Obviously they are doing work in that space. Maybe the permanent space will be ready in time for the Christmas shopping season? I am glad to hear they are not going away because, excuse me, but girls sure like to show off their assets in their yoga pants! There must be someone waiting for this former Lululemon location as they wouldn't be shuffled off to a temp space, unless what BrannyMuffin says is true - that they are just renovating their store.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Ahh...then perhaps this is a temporary move until new space comes available in the former Sears location. Obviously they are doing work in that space. Maybe the permanent space will be ready in time for the Christmas shopping season? I am glad to hear they are not going away because, excuse me, but girls sure like to show off their assets in their yoga pants! There must be someone waiting for this former Lululemon location as they wouldn't be shuffled off to a temp space, unless what BrannyMuffin says is true - that they are just renovating their store.
If they were moving back to their original location, I would think they would still be listed in that space, no?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 2:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
This dude also gets a lot of clothes from Lulu (they are durable and comfy AF and they last forever) so I too am glad they aren’t closing.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 2:36 PM

from FB:
Quote:
We are moving!!

We will be closed today (Monday July 16) as we shift into our temporary space and re-open tomorrow at 9:30AM.

*we will be located on the 2nd level of the Cornwall Centre across from Saje Wellness until October.

If you have any questions please contact us at cornwallcentre-store@lululemon.com

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 5:30 PM

Quote:
from FB:
Definitely sounds like they are taking a space in the old Sears. This would open up the 11th Avenue building to be redeveloped. Weren’t there rumours of this property having plans to be torn down and rebuilt or something/integrated into the mall better back when? If not, a main floor restaurant would be perfect with patio under the Bank of Montreal pedestrian bridge and opening up the frontage onto 11th/sidewalk area.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
...and Tim's is moving to the Second Cup space is it not?

When they finally do this, look for the whole 11th Ave street front to be re-done including the possible demo of the office building where Lulu is located. The Cornwall also owns that too.
Here we go!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 10:48 PM

lululemon

Okay, sorry to disappoint, but there is now a banner hanging over the entrance that faces H&M, advising that this location is closed for renovation, but it will be re-opening in Fall 2018 (so come visit them in the temporary location across from Saje).

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Okay, sorry to disappoint, but there is now a banner hanging over the entrance that faces H&M, advising that this location is closed for renovation, but it will be re-opening in Fall 2018 (so come visit them in the temporary location across from Saje).
Awe! Well hopefully some facade work signage updates for outside too.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 11:10 PM

Aldo closed

I see that Aldo has packed up in the Cornwall Centre. I always thought Aldo was a better store than Spring but who knows...Tough times for brick and mortar retail these days for sure.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I see that Aldo has packed up in the Cornwall Centre. I always thought Aldo was a better store than Spring but who knows...Tough times for brick and mortar retail these days for sure.
They hadn’t renovated that store in forever. I used to work there. It seemed that head office wasn’t giving any love to them anymore. Hopefully they will renovate or reopen somewhere else, since it really is the best trendy shoe store in Canada/Regina for price and style.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jul 24, 2018 at 5:12 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan