HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 3:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Sure, and I can show you plenty of data that supports my position. For example :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-survey-finds/

But it doesn't really matter because somebody who doesn't like that will come along and claim the opposite and support it with their own source. Then I'll point out that of course their source would say what it says because it leans the way it does and then they'll counter with the same thing, etc.

But here's the thing: When I see stuff on YouTube, Reddit, or wherever I'm getting my news from, all the radical left wing stuff is coming straight out of universities or from university students. That's not my imagination and I'm one of millions who's also noticed this not-surprising trend. The problem is that when you point that out, you get people telling you that you're the radical for noticing it. Even though it's easily verifiable. Even though anybody can see it for themselves if they want to. Even though it's right there for all to see, somehow I'm the one pulling it out of my ass.

Whatever. See, I'm not supposed to point out blatant inconsistencies in leftist talking points and if I do then I must be a Nazi Trump supporter. Or perhaps I'm high on something because how else could I notice glaring inconsistencies that defy common sense? Okay...sure. If you say I'm nuts for pointing this stuff out, sure, then I guess you think I'm nuts for all the difference it makes to me. But, just for the record, I'm neither left nor right. I couldn't care less about anybody's religion or what they've got between their legs. I thought that that was the idea...wasn't it? Ah...it's fine unless somebody points out the obvious bullshit when it comes up. Got it.

Oh, and incidentally, facts don't have any ideological bias. When they do, they're not facts. I think that that is exactly the problem here. Just because it comes from a source you like or has a message you agree with doesn't make it true or factual. Now, when you betray your ideological stance as you just have, why would I take anything you say at face value?
Spocket, you've been spending too much time overseas and are suffering from a case of anger brought on by long term exposure to common sense.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 9:18 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5 View Post
Spocket, you've been spending too much time overseas and are suffering from a case of anger brought on by long term exposure to common sense.
I rest my case.
Also, if you think China is a land of common sense (which is what you just said) then you've never been to China.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 12:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
I rest my case.
Also, if you think China is a land of common sense (which is what you just said) then you've never been to China.
No, never been to China and I don't think any country on Earth can be seen as the "land of common sense" because they all have their own issues; plus what IS common sense anyways? Otoh, I do see China as a country that is clearly NOT following the self destructive ideology that the West has fallen victim to (they prefer their own self destructive ideologies), so what I meant by my comment is that just as looking at China from the outside, we can poke holes in their ideology, you now have the perspective to be able to do the same with our own and I personally believe that your anger is justified.

I was agreeing with you

Edit: now that you mention it, I do think China is good place to gain perspective on what we are seeing in the West because there are some parallels to the cultural revolution. Of course, that was imposed top down by an authoritarian regime instead of bottom up by radicals, none the less, China has learned not to go down this road and they're suffering the consequences to this day.

Last edited by JM5; Aug 28, 2017 at 12:33 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan