HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 6:44 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dino Vabec View Post
Concrete forms are raised again on the east side..This should be on the street level now..Waiting for some picture from the ground to see..

That's what I'm looking forward to.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 8:03 PM
Back to Basics

Why is the construction of the basement floors lagging so far behind the core on number 3? 2WTC (and if I recall correctly) 4WTC seem to have built the floors surrounding their cores almost concurrently with the rising of the core.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2011, 12:43 AM

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 12:22 PM
NYC to LA

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Why is the construction of the basement floors lagging so far behind the core on number 3? 2WTC (and if I recall correctly) 4WTC seem to have built the floors surrounding their cores almost concurrently with the rising of the core.
The floors are behind so the self climbing core false work can be built in its entirely. With the trailing decks of the self climbers clearing the B3 level, the deck work begins. T2 is a different way of construction all together, walls, slab, wall, slab... If T2 was slated to go all the way up, it would also have self climbers for efficiency. At the time T4 was in the same scenerio as T2 stopping as a stump, but now has self climbers in the core.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2011, 11:55 PM

taken from 30th floor one liberty plaza august 15, 2011

Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 9:44 PM
New Yorker for life

^ I love these overhead shots.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2011, 11:43 PM

Taken August 20, 2011

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 12:09 AM

Just awesome. I don't know how you get any work done, I'd be starting out the window all dayyyy.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 1:30 AM
New Yorker for life

This one we know for sure will get a few levels above ground, so watching it inch closer is exciting. It's only a matter of months before we're looking up at it.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 5:38 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 2:01 PM
Editor

I hope so much that they are going to complete at least this tower within the next four years.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 10:48 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if it was topped out early 2013, and completed the end of that year

Old Posted Aug 23, 2011, 4:58 AM

I don't think it's been said here, but they didn't put sliding forms on this already for it to stop at ground level, or even 6 stories up. The building is going all the way. That said, 2wtc is still up in the air, or it too would have sliding forms instead of being built a floor at a time by hand.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2011, 5:59 PM
Because I'm Clever!

New diagram is up. Small preview of the 4x version.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2011, 7:37 PM

great work as always STR ^^^
jeez. i hate how short they made this tower.... Is this officially official?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2011, 8:11 PM
Because I'm Clever!

It's the most logical conclusion at this time, but no one has said outright "It was X & Y, but since the redesign it's now it's W & Z". All of the official sources just say the building is 1,170 feet tall. No clarification beyond that. If you want a breakdown of my thinking, there's a through explanation in the 3WTC thread at SSC. I'm not going to repost.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 12:30 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77M63E20110823

WTC developer says uncertainty may mean more delays

By Joan Gralla and Ilaina Jonas
Aug 23, 2011

Quote:
Uncertainty about what to expect from the federal government's tax and revenue policies might further delay construction of two out of the five World Trade Center towers, the project's developer, Larry Silverstein said in an interview.

Wall Street's recent summertime slide, which might puncture the economies of both the city and the country, last month cost Silverstein a major tenant for his Tower 3. Disappointing profits prompted UBS AG to drop plans to move some investment bankers to the World Trade Center site in Lower Manhattan from Stamford, Connecticut.

The developer said he cannot build Tower 3, designed by Britain's Rogers Stirk Harbor + Partners, with a facade that features diagonal supports, above seven floors until he gets private financing. Landing UBS would have been a big help. Silverstein said a lack of political leadership in Washington on economic policies could make prospective tenants delay any decision to move to the new buildings.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 1:01 AM
World Machine

The summer has certainly not been friendly to the types of tenants this building should attract, hence why we’re reading this article. On the bright side, institutions looking for space are not all in the situation UBS is in; therefore I’m confident something else will emerge. Time is of the essence however.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 1:27 AM
New Yorker for life

They're officially out of the running, but there are others...

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/artic...in-connecticut

UBS rules out NYC move, stays in Connecticut

August 23, 2011

Quote:
When Swiss lender UBS AG called off negotiations to lease space at the World Trade Center as a result of disappointing second-quarter income earlier this month, it was reported the company was looking in other areas of the city. Now, the Wall Street Journal has reported that UBS is instead maintaining its flagship trading floor and other operations across Connecticut...The Zurich-based bank, which had been a leading candidate to anchor Larry Silverstein's 3 World Trade Center....UBS' withdrawal won't negatively affect the outlook for leasing Trade Center offices, Bud Perrone, a Silverstein spokesperson said at the time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive